ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm and Tyra meeting in Indy

Just feel like a deal is gonna get done. Tyra has to do what’s best for UofL from a financial perspective and I understand Brohm wants to get paid. I have to believe they can find some common ground.

Tyra doesn't have the final say, he's just the negotiator.

Id wish the Academics would mind their effin business. :mad:

Reactions: beardownboiler
Hope i am wrong but i think Brohm stays at Purdue word is he is really torn and likes it their and the direction he has it going. I put odds at 40/60 their favor!

Reactions: boilerjohn
CJB just wrapped up a recruiting visit in upper Ohio no way he is in a meeting in Indy
That's right. Ohio is so far away from Indiana, and there is no way that horse and buggy can make up that distance today. o_O

Brohm needs to make a damn decision. Someone said it's a stickup/holdup only without a gun.lol

That's right. Ohio is so far away from Indiana, and there is no way that horse and buggy can make up that distance today. o_O
There is a post on the Purdue board that says that Brohm is on the road with the O-line coach to see a recruit in Youngstown OH. It has not been confirmed 100% as to whether this is true or not, but the O-line coach tweeted a picture showing his location in NW Ohio at around 9:00 this morning. Youngstown is in the very Northeast corner of Ohio. So IF Jeff is indeed with the O-line coach, then the OP is full of it and there was no meeting this morning in Indy or anywhere nearby. It's a solid 6 hour drive from NE Ohio to Indianapolis, so if a meeting were to take place today, it would have to be 8:00PM-ish minimum, which is also very unlikely because Tyra is supposed to be in attendance at the basketball game tonight. So it really boils down to whether Jeff is indeed currently on the road with his O-line coach or not.

There is a post on the Purdue board that says that Brohm is on the road with the O-line coach to see a recruit in Youngstown OH. It has not been confirmed 100% as to whether this is true or not, but the O-line coach tweeted a picture showing his location in NW Ohio at around 9:00 this morning. Youngstown is in the very Northeast corner of Ohio. So IF Jeff is indeed with the O-line coach, then the OP is full of it and there was no meeting this morning in Indy or anywhere nearby. It's a solid 6 hour drive from NE Ohio to Indianapolis, so if a meeting were to take place today, it would have to be 8:00PM-ish minimum, which is also very unlikely because Tyra is supposed to be in attendance at the basketball game tonight. So it really boils down to whether Jeff is indeed currently on the road with his O-line coach or not.
Psssss, the OP is one of your own. Take him home. OK?

Reactions: Steelers2012
This information came from Jody Demling...so, if someone is full of it, it is him.

The amazing thing is Cleveland has a major airport with jets that fly to places like Indy.

The big thing is if Tyra gets Brohm to commit to an offer...he can't let him go back to Purdue without something signed...don't let Purdue get to match and pass the offer.

The big thing is if Tyra gets Brohm to commit to an offer...he can't let him go back to Purdue without something signed...don't let Purdue get to match and pass the offer.

I don't think that would happen. I feel like Jeff is the type that if he shook on it and told Vince he accepted it then he would honor that. Plus, as I've said all along I think Purdue has known for some time that they were going to have an uphill battle to hold onto him and barring a ridiculous offer nothing they could offer would change his mind because he would be taking the job for more than just money.

Reactions: Cue Card
btw, private planes and jets do exist and they fly into small airports everywhere. remember when petrino got on the auburn private jet? no problem getting from cleveland to indy in less than three hours on a private place. they're having a late lunch i imagine

Reactions: wilkie01
+13,433 in attendance over 2016, nice increase. I will use the excuse for our significant 2017 decrease in attendance that UK fans used to tell us why they had small crowds under Joker Phillips...we were using attendance as a weapon to send a message to our athletic department that we wanted a change in the football program. We weren't going to support the product being put on the field. :cool:

Reactions: gocds and Cue Card
Jody Demling‏@jdemling
Vince Trya and Jeff Brohm did meet today and Cardinal Authority confirms the meeting is over. No decision yet from Brohm.
3:34 PM - 27 Nov 2018
If they met (and I have no reason to believe they did not) then he will talk to his family then make his decision. He should not make this decision without talking to his family first and I suspect he understands that.

We'll know one way or the other in due time.

Go CARDS!!!

It takes your entire fanbase to fill that stadium.

Let's post the actual stats from last year.

Louisville 6 games total 276,957 avg/g 46,160
Purdue 6 games total 287,303 avg/g 47,884
Indiana 6 games total 263,715 avg/g 43,953

How can this be? Purdue averaged more fans than both UofL and IU?

Shocking. From what I can tell these places are the holy grail of football and obviously Top 20 jobs in the nation.

I would agree with this. Brohm would tell his players face to face. If that happens, it would leak.
Yes of course. He won't just leave without telling his players that he is leaving. He's not cut that way. ;)

Yes of course. He won't just leave without telling his players that he is leaving. He's not cut that way. ;)
I agree but then I also think he wouldn't tell his current players and incoming recruits, who are making major life decisions, that he was staying at Purdue the last few weeks unless he was being honest. I don't think he's cut that way either but seems like you do. We will see

I agree but then I also think he wouldn't tell his current players and incoming recruits, who are making major life decisions, that he was staying at Purdue the last few weeks unless he was being honest. I don't think he's cut that way either but seems like you do. We will see

This is just smart coaching and what every coach will do. What would you have him say? What would you say if you were him? He's agreed to nothing with Louisville as far as we know and for certain hadn't agreed to anything at the time he made those statements. He has to do his job to the best of his ability until its no longer his job.

"Well, I'm Purdue's coach right now. Hopefully, fingers crossed! I'll get everything ironed out with Louisville and I'll be down there in a few weeks. But if not, I'd love for you to come to Purdue."

Good news for you guys. You'll know tonight. This isn't a money deal. UofL will give him teh $5,000,000 it will take. The question is and has always been, " is now the right time to go home".

He'll either meet with his team and tell them he's leaving or he'll get an extension at Purdue. I can't see this lasting past tomorrow morning. And more likely, tonight.

Reactions: jmmcgr02
This is just smart coaching and what every coach will do. What would you have him say? What would you say if you were him? He's agreed to nothing with Louisville as far as we know and for certain hadn't agreed to anything at the time he made those statements. He has to do his job to the best of his ability until its no longer his job.

"Well, I'm Purdue's coach right now. Hopefully, fingers crossed! I'll get everything ironed out with Louisville and I'll be down there in a few weeks. But if not, I'd love for you to come to Purdue."
If it were me I'd have been back at the school I loved a long time ago. Thank God Jeff Brohm isn't me! it's probably a good thing I'm not a college football coach :)

Assuming you are correct that he told players and recruits he is staying at Purdue, before he has even been offered from UofL, then he sits down and meets with the UofL AD...how would he be cut then? JB has not said to date that he has no interest in the UofL job. Then he meets with Vince. To me, that implies interest, but maybe that’s just me.

Reactions: td75
I wonder if he's just playing UofL like he did Tennessee last year. I hope he wouldn't do that to a school that gave him so much.

btw, private planes and jets do exist and they fly into small airports everywhere. remember when petrino got on the auburn private jet? no problem getting from cleveland to indy in less than three hours on a private place. they're having a late lunch i imagine
I was thinking the same thing. Most big time schools have private jets the coaches use for stuff like this. The days of 12 hour car rides are long past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT