ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Brohm named QBs coach at WKU

You think showing those pictures again gives any more credence to your ignorance? Talking about staying on topic this is football message board and you're posting bball pics. by the way, I guess you know you're somewhat responsible for the AM situation. Since you were the only one to notice what a character he was back then and YOU didn't warn CRP???? All this could have been avoided Zipp if you just followed through....

Reposted in case you needed a reminder. I'll take Nick Petrino as "my" coach; we'll call Andre yours. Deal?

And "ignorance"? From YOU??

:D

Stay on script Zipp. You take Nick and I'll take Brian. As far as AM we are just not going to forgive you for not sending those pics to TJ and RP and letting him know what a bad decision it was to hired him. Shame on you!

Coaching and playing are different skills. Bill Bellichick, Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, Bud Grant, Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, the list goes on of great coaches who were not great players (Lombardi didn't even play professionally). Therefore, the resume based on what kind of player you are is no real resume at all. It's almost irrelevant.

That said, this is a clear case of nepotism. If Brian wants to coach, he should go back, be a grad assistant (under CBP is fine) and work his way up that way. We UL fans remember the Brohms fondly and tend to give them a pass on this type of thing, but it is what it is.
Chuck Noll was an All-Pro defensive back for the Steelers for many years.

This is exactly right. And blurring that difference shows how little some of us know about what it takes to be a good coach.

Pick your sport and make a list of great coaches who were star players. Then make a second list in that same sport of great coaches who were not. Almost guarantee you--"almost" because I'm not a sports junky--that second list is longer than the first...
Baseball - Miller Huggins, Bruce Bochey, Casey Stengel, the current unbelievable raft of bullpen catchers coaching in the bigs, Whitey Herzog, Connie Mack, lol; Tony LaRussa, Bobby Cox, Walter Alston, Tommy LaSorda, Sparky Anderson...........none were ballplayers - all could coach and manage players.

Little Petrino is a 3rd generation coach. Nijinsky was a 3rd generation dancer. It is said that Nijinsky inherited an extra calf gene, lol, from the 2 generations who developed them, allowing him to leap like Darryl Griffith.

Little Petrino will be fine. He was an excellent hire for the right reasons.

Reposted in case you needed a reminder. I'll take Nick Petrino as "my" coach; we'll call Andre yours. Deal?

Reposted because you are in the habit of staking out outlandish positions and then beating them to death in the attempt to get the last word. It would be kind even to call your photo "evidence"about McGee outlandish - ridiculous and nonsensical would be better adjectives.

Reposting it on the football side of things - proves my point.

Reposted because you are in the habit of staking out outlandish positions and then beating them to death in the attempt to get the last word. It would be kind even to call your photo "evidence"about McGee outlandish - ridiculous and nonsensical would be better adjectives.

Reposting it on the football side of things - proves my point.
The other lightweight brought up McGee--again. Reading comprehension is your friend.

But if you're fixated on it, find me pictures of other U of L basketball coaches in similar poses. Take your time...

Gosh Zipp. You are wrong again. It's a habit of yours now.

just five posts ago, we are discussing football coaches and YOU brought up AM. Oh well I think most people know who and what you are.. And see I don't have to resort to name calling.

The other lightweight brought up McGee--again. Reading comprehension is your friend.

But if you're fixated on it, find me pictures of other U of L basketball coaches in similar poses. Take your time...
When did a say anything about who brought up McGee again? You said that you "reposted in case you need a reminder" - I simply commented on why you reposted it.

Reading comprehension indeed. While you may (erroneously) count it as your friend, clearly irony is a stranger to you - lol.

Gosh Zipp. You are wrong again. It's a habit of yours now.

just five posts ago, we are discussing football coaches and YOU brought up AM. Oh well I think most people know who and what you are.. And see I don't have to resort to name calling.
Again, neither you nor Casper can find pics of any U of L coach worth a damn doing asinine mugging with players like McGee did. Because he was still one of them--and an accident waiting to happen.

I'm still waiting for that evidence, here or in any other thread you wanna post it...

Last edited:
At least you admit that being like Zipp is an insult... Zipp - why don't you google coaches dancing in the locker rooms and see how many photos you can find of head coaches acting like fools with their players...

At least you admit that being like Zipp is an insult... Zipp - why don't you google coaches dancing in the locker rooms and see how many photos you can find of head coaches acting like fools with their players...
I was going to post the video of Strong body surfing thru the locker room (which is way more over the top than the AM pics) but that would simply be furthering an already ludicrous position.

I'll say it again - delicately - it's incredible to me that the ole zipper has taken this position given the far reaching nature of Google - lol.

Don't take this as an insult, but only a fool looks for things that he knows doesn't exist.

You OTOH think those pics prove nothing about McGee, therefore, others must exist. So find them...

Zipp, why don't you provide evidence that there is a correlation between hugging your players in a celebration photo and committing treachery or betrayal... I'm waiting...

Mugging like that should have set off red lights for someone in the chain of command that this might not be the right guy to oversee the players in that capacity. It doesn't mean that any coach who does it should be fired or is a poor coach.

It's the same reason it's difficult for most bosses to be close friends with their employees. Creates conflicts of interest. Ignoring possible conflicts of interest is what gets senior management in trouble.

Granted, if you're flipping hamburgers, this stuff may not resonate...

Reactions: SoulSr
So again, if you noticed this illicit behavior why didn't you alert anyone as to the possible ramifications? It's kind of like you saying that you pick the lottery numbers correctly last week.

So again, if you noticed this illicit behavior why didn't you alert anyone as to the possible ramifications? It's kind of like you saying that you pick the lottery numbers correctly last week.
NC - zipp's previous posts should have been a clear indication- a red flag if you will - that he would stake out a position like this. Why couldn't you see this?:rolleyes:

Reactions: nccardfan
Not my job, and we don't see enough on the outside to make that call.

Highly paid coaches do see it, and have that responsibility. The fact that McGee got everyone in trouble means SOMETHING was overlooked. I don't have to be on the inside to notice what I saw.

My job is just to make note of that stuff...

Well if you're not on the inside then basically all you are doing is complaining like the rest of us no better no worse. That's your job? I would like a gig like that hide behind a computer screen and be so righteous.

Well if you're not on the inside then basically all you are doing is complaining like the rest of us no better no worse. That's your job? I would like a gig like that hide behind a computer screen and be so righteous.
Are you still the guy complaining about insults? :mad:

Like I've offered before, show me similar photos of young assistant coaches with good track records in similar poses. You can't, or you would have already posted them...

I have a real job not playing Mr. Conscious on a message board but do me a favor. Google Mark Pope asst coach celebrating with players or something similar. You'll see at least two pictures of asst coach Pope hugging his players. That's the same Mark Pope that has landed a HC D1 job. I guess they didn't hold that against him.

I have a real job not playing Mr. Conscious on a message board but do me a favor. Google Mark Pope asst coach celebrating with players or something similar. You'll see at least two pictures of asst coach Pope hugging his players. That's the same Mark Pope that has landed a HC D1 job. I guess they didn't hold that against him.
Hey, hugging players ain't a crime. Saw plenty of that at Bailout Arena last nite.

Mugging like a juvenile, picking players up off the floor, getting your pic with your hat on backwards... Find me those photos of Pope or any other coach...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT