ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby

Bobby was always a risky hire. He had some significant baggage but had some clear upside. I think he has accomplished what, I think anyway, the main goal set forth for him was...maintain the stability of the program as we transition into the ACC.

We have done that and remained fairly competitive during his tenure (Howie listed 26 wins in a tweet earlier defending him). However, we have yet to truly finish a season well though...often stumbling to a humiliating end. The ceiling is obviously pretty low and as a program we need to decide where we want to be. If it's a true top tier program....then BP likely isn't the guy. BP 2.0 doesn't have the same offensive flair, still has huge defensive weakness, with recruiting being comparable if not slightly better than during his first stay (considering conference affiliation, one could argue this several ways). He's still a brilliant coach when it comes to QB development but that's about it. The Defensive Coordinator change really showed he doesn't have the foresight to get the program where it needs to be to truly compete in the top 10. You don't go get a guy who is at best equal to the one you got currently...zero up side on the hire.

I'm happy to give him his full four years but after that it's going to need to be an honest assessment on our expectations as a fan base and more importantly what Tom's are from a program perspective. Here's hoping he can change it around, time will tell.

Reactions: cardinalrod
Bobby just mentioned in the post game conference that players did not run full speed to the ball tonight.

What does that mean? Is he putting this all on the defense?

Reactions: jts_cards
Bobby just mentioned in the post game conference that players did not run full speed to the ball tonight.

Doesn't matter - he owns the defense with his running off Grantham for someone from his past that wouldn't talk back. In fairness LJ wasn't sharp tonight but as with the Houston and lsu games - the offensive play calling sucked.

Reactions: American Male
If Bobby does not come to UofL

1. Lamar Jackson does not come to Louisville
2. If #1 doesn't happen, College Gameday never comes to Louisville, let alone twice
3. If #1 does not happen, Louisville does not have a Heisman trophy winner.

Its easier to compare Bobby to his old teams, Krag, John L, Charlie, etc.

But, Bobby is the ONLY UofL coach to coach in a Power conference in one of the toughest divisions in football. He's 18-8 in that power conference. If you all want to go back to blowing everyone out, the AAC will take you back. Bobby has you all ranked, hosting gameday, with a Heisman trophy winner, in the game of the week.

Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher, etc. are not coming to UofL. Jeff Brohm did great at WKU..Jeff Brohm has looked good against Ohio and Mizzouri...Jeff Brohm has not proven he can recruit and develop Lamar Jackson type players, Jeff Brohm has not played Clemson's and FSU's every year.

As a fan of a terrible program, Bobby is the reason you all are a ranked team in a top conference. I know you should want more, but from a team in a crappy baseball stadium to where you all now is progress.

Well they did play horrible. The running was one part of it, but the tackling has been an issue all year. Plus as I've already said the D looked confused lining up. Also waited on calls. But the offense isn't innocent either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT