ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Expansion?

2,114,580 in greater Cincy

5.628 million in greater Houston.

1,317,314 in greater Memphis

2,134,411 in greater Orlando.

BYU is out? 7 million Morman members in USA and another 7 million outside disagree. ;)

Last edited:
Theres NO #U@#ING way in Hell SMU gets voted in...The B-12 is in the mess they are in BECAUSE of FOUR TEX-@$$ Schools now...Adding two more is SUICIDE!!!

:cool:

I'm not so sure anymore?....Afterall, past decisions by those in charge of the B12 have caused the B12-4+2=10 Conference to have all the unrest that they currently seem to be having?

Maybe Texas wants to just "circle the wagons" so to speak, and invite teams that they know they can beat on the field and on the recruiting trail? Although, that hasn't went too well the last few years for the longhorns, but they do have the money and abundant resources as most know to eventually get the right combination to make some noise in College Football....Texas A&M and the SEC have made inroads into the Lonestar state, and some of the best High School atheletes are now playing in the SEC....Believe this is one reason Texas is supporting Houston as much as they are, and SMU for all of it's past troubles, seems to be emerging as a B12 candidate?....Maybe, the B12 wanted to take some heat off Baylor by inviting SMU to join?....Who knows really, we are talking about B12 leadership!

The B12-4+2=10 Conference leaders stated that they would like to have this expansion decisions determined before the season starts?....Of course, that was before ESPN and FOX basically stated that the teams that the B12 is considering all suck, and would devalue the conference?

Been pretty quite from B12-4+2=10 Conference leaders since the Networks who cut the checks balked about any future expansion....

And it will now be very interesting to see if the B12 calls the bluff of the Networks in the next few weeks, and expands anyway?

Reactions: wilkie01
I'm not so sure anymore?....Afterall, past decisions by those in charge of the B12 have caused the B12-4+2=10 Conference to have all the unrest that they currently seem to be having?

Maybe Texas wants to just "circle the wagons" so to speak, and invite teams that they know they can beat on the field and on the recruiting trail? Although, that hasn't went too well the last few years for the longhorns, but they do have the money and abundant resources as most know to eventually get the right combination to make some noise in College Football....Texas A&M and the SEC have made inroads into the Lonestar state, and some of the best High School atheletes are now playing in the SEC....Believe this is one reason Texas is supporting Houston as much as they are, and SMU for all of it's past troubles, seems to be emerging as a B12 candidate?....Maybe, the B12 wanted to take some heat off Baylor by inviting SMU to join?....Who knows really, we are talking about B12 leadership!

The B12-4+2=10 Conference leaders stated that they would like to have this expansion decisions determined before the season starts?....Of course, that was before ESPN and FOX basically stated that the teams that the B12 is considering all suck, and would devalue the conference?

Been pretty quite from B12-4+2=10 Conference leaders since the Networks who cut the checks balked about any future expansion....

And it will now be very interesting to see if the B12 calls the bluff of the Networks in the next few weeks, and expands anyway?

If they call the networks bluff it'll be for "The Money"...And Nothing more...Teams being considered will only get a partial share while the others will split the rest...Then the B-12 will die at the end of it's current GOR's...Because you know Oklahoma and Texas will NOT agree to extend them...IMHO, this is the begining of the end for the B-12...Can you say...Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas Tech to the PAC...Again!?!?!?

:cool:

No offense to the OP, but man, I am so tired of this subject. So why am I posting in a thread about it? Because I am so happy and thankful that the Cardinals are in the ACC and aren't begging to get into the B12. I am sick of the subject and am glad that other programs are mired in all that uncertainty while we move on.

I will say that I hope Cincinnati gets in. They worked hard in the 2000's and had a lot of success and deserve it. Maybe Louisville will put them on the schedule again, alternate them and the Cayuts or something. Beating UK will get old after the 10th or so straight time.

Yep, even seeing an expansion thread makes me

a) tired
b) grateful

and in the case of a B12-2 thread

c) derisive towards WVU.

Yes, WVU, we laugh at you in our hearts every day. You thought you won but fate laughs even harder at you than Louisville fans do.

No offense to the OP, but man, I am so tired of this subject. So why am I posting in a thread about it? Because I am so happy and thankful that the Cardinals are in the ACC and aren't begging to get into the B12. I am sick of the subject and am glad that other programs are mired in all that uncertainty while we move on.

I will say that I hope Cincinnati gets in. They worked hard in the 2000's and had a lot of success and deserve it. Maybe Louisville will put them on the schedule again, alternate them and the Cayuts or something. Beating UK will get old after the 10th or so straight time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT