ADVERTISEMENT

Beautiful weekend...

I think it may hit 60 again tomorrow!! Hard to beat today though.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Reactions: JohnKBA
I think it may hit 60 again tomorrow!!

Man I was hoping to get some golf in this weekend but I think I'm gonna get rained out tomorrow. At least Daytona is on to suck up 6 hours of my life.

See here is why I like this site - some good hearted banter back and forth. On the UK site there are 30 threads about how bad officiating is. Maybe if someone would GRAB A DEFENSIVE REBOUND the refs wouldn't be in a position to take a game away from you. SMH.
And don't forget how their mods accept the slimiest posts from their sub-human fans as long as it is directed at The University of Louisville.

Beautiful weekend, which when you think of it is something Cards fans have in great abundance.:D

See here is why I like this site - some good hearted banter back and forth. On the UK site there are 30 threads about how bad officiating is. Maybe if someone would GRAB A DEFENSIVE REBOUND the refs wouldn't be in a position to take a game away from you. SMH.

The Louisville -Syracuse game proved that refs dont matter. Cards had 2 FTA for the whole game. Syracuse, 16.

Its a 40 minute game. Take care of business, and the refs dont even matter.

The Louisville -Syracuse game proved that refs dont matter. Cards had 2 FTA for the whole game. Syracuse, 16.

Its a 40 minute game. Take care of business, and the refs dont even matter.

That's what I have been telling my buddies Kerry but they don't want to hear it. aTm had FIFTEEN offensive boards in the first half. You can't get outrebounded like that and expect to win a game.

Ah, great weekend so far. You're right, OP, the weather was fantastic today.

I attempted to clean out my garage today but it was too overwhelming so I ended up drinking bourbon and watching basketball out there all day. Thankfully the SO didn't poke her head in to check on my progress.

I attempted to clean out my garage today but it was too overwhelming so I ended up drinking bourbon and watching basketball out there all day. Thankfully the SO didn't poke her head in to check on my progress.

Nice back up plan. I can't wait until the cold temps are gone and the weather is like this more often. Had to take the dog out for a nice, long walk. As for the garage just clear out a little bit at a time and it'll get done before you know it.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Anyone else honestly fear for that ref's life with those unhinged lunatics? Someone wished for him
To wrap his car around a tree. Only a couple called the guy out. Is there any wonder why that fan base is so detested? (Hint: it isn't jealousy$

Another loss to an unranked team. Cal is piling them. Next to Clemson, they are by far our worst loss

You guys have really played a tough slate. You've played 5 Kenpom top 11 teams a total of 6 times (Virginia, MSU, UNC, UK, Duke in order) and got unlucky having to play both of the OOC games on the road. I'm typically a real numbers/analytics guy but I don't get Kenpom's SOS rankings this year. UK SOS is #21 and U of L is #73 even with you guys playing 6 games against top 11 teams. Conversely, UK has only played 3 such games, none of them in conference play.

The ban sucks. You guys are right there with about 20 or so other teams with a legit chance to win it all this year. Previous years, a few teams seemed to have separated themselves going into the tourney, but this year it will probably come down to coaching and experience, which you guys have in spades. Pitino is up there with Cal and Izzo as the coaches you can trust most to not flame out early, so I'd expect you guys to be right there just like you have been. Hopefully it's just a one year thing and you guys will be right back in the hunt next year.

Anyone else honestly fear for that ref's life with those unhinged lunatics? Someone wished for him
To wrap his car around a tree. Only a couple called the guy out. Is there any wonder why that fan base is so detested? (Hint: it isn't jealousy$
Uh, yeah it is. You won't admit it though. And, EVERY fanbase has morons, even yours.

Uh, yeah it is. You won't admit it though. And, EVERY fanbase has morons, even yours.
Every fanbase has morons but the next Louisville fan that I meet that is jealous of anything about UK will be the first.

We have a Top 5 men's basketball program with a Hall of Fame coach and the most recent NCAA Title in the state, a Top 25 Football program with a great coach, a Top 5 Baseball program with an outstanding Coach, the best AD in the country and sports facilities that rival anyone in the country including the finest Basketball arena in the nation.

UK has Cal, NBA Draft night, Porky, Mitch Brainfart, Matt "fem boy" Jones and the most myopic and obnoxious fanbase in the country,

Yeah we're jealous.:D

Every fanbase has morons but the next Louisville fan that I meet that is jealous of anything about UK will be the first.

We have a Top 5 men's basketball program with a Hall of Fame coach and the most recent NCAA Title in the state, a Top 25 Football program with a great coach, a Top 5 Baseball program with an outstanding Coach, the best AD in the country and sports facilities that rival anyone in the country including the finest Basketball arena in the nation.

UK has Cal, NBA Draft night, Porky, Mitch Brainfart, Matt "fem boy" Jones and the most myopic and obnoxious fanbase in the country,

Yeah we're jealous.:D
Overstate much? "Top 5 men's basketball program" - debatable... "Hall of Fame coach" - OK, there's a few of those out there, including Cal... "a Top 25 Football program" - depends on the year, not perennially... And "the most recent NCAA Title in the state" - when that's what you're hanging on, it's reaching... "finest Basketball arena in the nation" - i like Zipp's moniker, "bailout arena".

It's okay to toot your own horn, but one should always have proper perspective.

Overstate much? "Top 5 men's basketball program" - debatable... "Hall of Fame coach" - OK, there's a few of those out there, including Cal... "a Top 25 Football program" - depends on the year, not perennially... And "the most recent NCAA Title in the state" - when that's what you're hanging on, it's reaching... "finest Basketball arena in the nation" - i like Zipp's moniker, "bailout arena".

It's okay to toot your own horn, but one should always have proper perspective.
Good Lord dude, everything I stated is true and you point to one thing and say I'm hanging on it. Hilarious. Not hanging on anything just stating facts. If you ask anyone with any basketball knowledge they would tell you that Louisville is a Top 5 program along with UK, UNC, Kansas and Duke. I guess one could argue for Michigan St to be in that group because of the Izzo years and Magic Johnson's Title. You can also argue for UCLA and Indiana for past success but all things considered Louisville is right there.

As far being a Top 25 football program, 3 of the last 4 years UofL has ended up in the Top 25 including 2 Top "15" finishes in 2012 and 2013 as well as winning 3 Bowl games including a beat down of SEC powerhouse Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Look for us to be ranked again this year too. So yeah we are a Top 25 program.

Also true that we are a Top 5 Baseball program, have the best AD in the country and no matter what you want to nickname it, the Yum Center is as good as it gets.

Nothing is overstated except your weak response.

Good Lord dude, everything I stated is true and you point to one thing and say I'm hanging on it. Hilarious. Not hanging on anything just stating facts. If you ask anyone with any basketball knowledge they would tell you that Louisville is a Top 5 program along with UK, UNC, Kansas and Duke. I guess one could argue for Michigan St to be in that group because of the Izzo years and Magic Johnson's Title. You can also argue for UCLA and Indiana for past success but all things considered Louisville is right there.

As far being a Top 25 football program, 3 of the last 4 years UofL has ended up in the Top 25 including 2 Top "15" finishes in 2012 and 2013 as well as winning 3 Bowl games including a beat down of SEC powerhouse Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Look for us to be ranked again this year too. So yeah we are a Top 25 program.

Also true that we are a Top 5 Baseball program, have the best AD in the country and no matter what you want to nickname it, the Yum Center is as good as it gets.

Nothing is overstated except your weak response.
giphy.gif

Reactions: KerryRhodes
..."finest Basketball arena in the nation" - i like Zipp's moniker, "bailout arena"...
:)

My criticism has nothing to do with the QUALITY of the arena, except for the upper reaches of it. If it ain't the finest--and you have a 100-level seat--it's close. The City just can't afford it.

But compared to the old barn down 64...

Reactions: ClockCalamity
That's what I have been telling my buddies Kerry but they don't want to hear it. aTm had FIFTEEN offensive boards in the first half. You can't get outrebounded like that and expect to win a game.
Actually John, even though they had 15 offensive rebounds in the first half they were still losing. But regardless, not sure you watched the game or not but anyone that watched the game and has an unbiased opinion is saying the Technical on Humphreys cost them the game including Bilas and Greenburg. And i think Bilas hit the nail on the head when he said it wasn't a bad call, that it was a judgment call by the official, he could call it if he wanted to or he didnt have to.

Actually John, even though they had 15 offensive rebounds in the first half they were still losing. But regardless, not sure you watched the game or not but anyone that watched the game and has an unbiased opinion is saying the Technical on Humphreys cost them the game including Bilas and Greenburg. And i think Bilas hit the nail on the head when he said it wasn't a bad call, that it was a judgment call by the official, he could call it if he wanted to or he didnt have to.

I am loathe to blame officials for losses. If you do enough to win the game, you reduce the amount of influence a ref has. None of the teams I root for has ever won or lost a game due to an official, except for the ref letting Gretzky get away with slicing a guy's face open during the 1993 Western Conference finals against the mighty Leafs. Supposed to be an automatic 5 minute major and ejection, Gretzky served a minor for high sticking and scored the game winner in OT. Robbery, I tell ya.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
Purely opinion. Outside of the Louisville fanbase, most of what you referenced would be heavily debated. As you stated, I would put Mich St in the top 5 - its all about sustained success, in every sport, so I wouldn't start calling UofL a baseball powerhouse yet either. And you never heard me saying about UK sports other than basketball, or anything about the SEC so don't give me the old "well everything UK sucks besides BB" or "we beat so and so in the SEC really bad in that one game" stuff, it ain't gonna work, because I don't really care... And i would hardly consider that a Mike drop Cue, goodness gracious, you all can can be downright precious sometimes.
Dude!! Wake up and read a paper or a book or anything other than listening to Big Blue BS. It can be "heavily debated" all you want but you still can't deny the facts. How good does Louisville baseball have to be for you? And, yes, the best AD and yes the best arena and yes a top 15 women's program and soccer program. Sorry to burst your delusion pal but I think it's time to get back on your blue meds and take a break. Sheesh!!

its all about sustained success, in every sport, so I wouldn't start calling UofL a baseball powerhouse yet either.
Posting Calamity you have to quit embarrassing yourself. Not a powerhouse yet? How about in the last 9 years:
*8 NCAA Tournament appearances
*6 Conference Championships
*5 Super Regionals
*3 College World Series
* Set a Conference record for wins in 2015 in the powerhouse ACC.
* Currently ranked #2 in the nation in every poll.

Saying Louisville is not a powerhouse in baseball is as ignorant as saying Vanderbilt is not a powerhouse in baseball.

Good call though!:confused:

Plus we get into baseball for free.............13-14,000 of us on opening weekend.

Gee, please hurt our enthusiasm, UK fans. Your work is so effective, lol.

Reactions: Louisvillian
We may not be quite on the same level as Texas, USC, Arizona st, LSU or Cal st Fullertons, but we are right there knocking on the front door whereas UK is just hoping to get in the back door.

I'm not sure what you were watching, but Bilas did not say that at all. He said, on twitter the day after the game, "The unsporting technical foul on Humphries was unnecessary and wrong, in my judgment. It should not have been called." And right after the call, on air during the game, he said "Are they (giving him a technical for that) ... they can't be". "They teed him up for that. Wow. We have officially gone into Little League. He spiked the ball, but it was after they made the play - so he wasn't doing it in anger, he was happy. "Look, I get it - but c'mon," Bilas continued. "The technical foul is justified, I understand it. I just think you look the other way on that. It wasn't done in anger at a call. There's emotion in this game, and those emotions showed. He wasn't trying to show anybody up. He's just happy about a play being made."

So, yeah, he definitely felt that was a terrible call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT