ADVERTISEMENT

Beautiful weekend...

We may not be quite on the same level as Texas, USC, Arizona st, LSU or Cal st Fullertons, but we are right there knocking on the front door whereas UK is just hoping to get in the back door.
I wasn't comparing UofL baseball to UK at all. I'm just saying there's no need to exaggerate the program's accomplishments (baseball, basketball, football). And you're right, UofL isn't there yet. Will they get there someday? Maybe.

Posting Calamity you have to quit embarrassing yourself. Not a powerhouse yet? How about in the last 9 years:
*8 NCAA Tournament appearances
*6 Conference Championships
*5 Super Regionals
*3 College World Series
* Set a Conference record for wins in 2015 in the powerhouse ACC.
* Currently ranked #2 in the nation in every poll.

Saying Louisville is not a powerhouse in baseball is as ignorant as saying Vanderbilt is not a powerhouse in baseball.

Good call though!:confused:
You're pal nccardfan has it correct. You all aren't there yet, when comparing the program to traditional powers like Texas, ASU, FSU, UF, LSU, Miami, USC, etc. You all want to sit at the big table so bad it bleeds through everything you say and do. Just hold your horses, you're getting there!

What a UK won't understand - among a slew of other things -

The process of "getting there" is more fun than "being there". How many sprts would you say UofL is "getting there" in? Would that excite you if UK managed that?

There have been many calls made or not made because of players emotions. It didn't matter if he was happy, pissed or otherwise. If you go to the NCAA rule book it is all about respecting your opponent, the referee and the game. Also sportsmanship. You could argue that there were two violations. One for taunting the opponent by over celebrating and secondly disrespecting the game official by not surrendering the ball directly to the official when the official asked for it. Also all the players knew he screwed up and pleaded with the referees to "overlook" a violation that everyone knew had occurred. There is also an opportunity for the officials to convene and "correct" the call but they chose not to and lastly UK could have appealed or filed a protest to the SEC, which to my knowledge, they did not. End of story. Having jay Bilas or Seth Greenberg voice an opinion does not mean the officials were in error. Hell a lot of officials choose not to call a foul with less than 10 seconds in a game.

Reactions: Cue Card
Inasmuch as I will be circulating with a few thousand other UofL fans this afternoon, cheering on the ball team for free, maybe I'll conduct a survey based on such lazer-like insight into other fan bases.

Then again. Maybe not. Some things are remarkably easy to say - we even believe what we type now and then. Judging by the milieu you hang out in, I would be surprised at any other defensive position.

It's easy being you guys. The world is just whatever the hell you want it to be. My favorite part is when your posters muscle up and ask why other fans don't have the balls to post over there, lol. You can't invent crap like that, man. Oh wait...............that's the whole point, isn't it?

Inasmuch as I will be circulating with a few thousand other UofL fans this afternoon, cheering on the ball team for free, maybe I'll conduct a survey based on such lazer-like insight into other fan bases.

Then again. Maybe not. Some things are remarkably easy to say - we even believe what we type now and then. Judging by the milieu you hang out in, I would be surprised at any other defensive position.

It's easy being you guys. The world is just whatever the hell you want it to be. My favorite part is when your posters muscle up and ask why other fans don't have the balls to post over there, lol. You can't invent crap like that, man. Oh wait...............that's the whole point, isn't it?
You're talking about 99% non message board types, and yes, on the whole they're a much better lot at keeping things in perspective.

You got me all wrong man. I say what I feel and truly believe and by most standards I would guarantee that most people that know me, work with me, for me, etc would say I'm a very reasonable, judgement free, open-minded kind of guy... I'm not here for any sort of psychological warfare experiment, that's not my style.

Last edited:
But see Clock that's how your fanbase rolls... "Idc about the other sports". You would if you were any good at them. You only want to claim what you want. You claim basketball because you all think you are the best. And then you pretend to not care about the rest. How convenient. And yet, you still don't see what's wrong with that thinking. To be a loyal fan, you got to accept all of it... And own up to it instead of making excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
But see Clock that's how your fanbase rolls... "Idc about the other sports". You would if you were any good at them. You only want to claim what you want. You claim basketball because you all think you are the best. And then you pretend to not care about the rest. How convenient. And yet, you still don't see what's wrong with that thinking. To be a loyal fan, you got to accept all of it... And own up to it instead of making excuses.
No, I genuinely wouldn't. All I care about is Men's BB, FB and maybe Baseball. UK is competitive in Women's BB, but I don't really care, I don't follow Women's BB.

And I do claim all of UK's sports in that I'm a UK fan who only follows UK BB and FB (which REALLY counters your argument), and some baseball. I acknowledge that UK is fairly poor in most other sports, but that fact doesn't affect me, inasmuch as it wouldn't affect me if they were successful in those other sports. That's just how I roll.

And yes, I would be excited if UK was making strides like UofL has in both Football and Baseball (idc about the other sports)... But being excited about what's real rather than getting excited over an exaggerated reality and then tooting the horn over that exaggerated reality, for whatever reason, are too very different things.
Even when beaten over the head with facts this one still calls the facts an exaggerated reality. That's called a "coping mechanism". We get it.

I can tell you what's not an exaggerated reality, our recent success in baseball over the last 9 years, our football team winning 3 major bowl games and our basketball women reaching the final four and even playing in the championship game. Now you can pretend not to notice but it still stings doesn't it.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Facts are facts. I can't call them anything that would give them more meaning. They are what they are. The fact that you have trouble dealing with them is on you.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Basketball ranks 4th for me - behind the Maple Leafs, Blue Jays, and Denver Broncos. UK football comes in behind Golf and NASCAR and any NFL game that might ever run against it. Now I may not be a typical fan since I'm not even from the state, but frankly, if we were any good at football, it would still rank right where it does. As to girls basketball and baseball, I have never watched a second of either of those sports at the college level and probably never will, unless Senore invites me to a game and supplies the whisky :)

Reactions: ClockCalamity
So John,

You just answered what most people already know. They are really not diehard fans of the University itself, they just happen to like UK basketball, other words a "homer". They don't go to school there, they didn't graduate, etc. thanks for confirming what we already knew.

So John,

You just answered what most people already know. They are really not diehard fans of the University itself, they just happen to like UK basketball, other words a "homer". They don't go to school there, they didn't graduate, etc. thanks for confirming what we already knew.

I graduated, but not from UK. I'll compare W2s if you want. Loser buys drinks.

It's official - sports UK fans don't like don't count.

Solipsism - look it up.

If that's what you took from my post, I don't know what to say. That was me personally. One poster indicated that UK fans don't like other sports because UK isn't any good - I just find college sports outside of men's basketball and the highest levels of college football intolerable, that's all. If you like them, great. To me they just don't matter. I never implied that they "didn't count."

So John,

I'd wager most fans are "homers." Baseball fans from New York like the Yankees. Baseball fans from New England likes the Red Sox. College Basketball fans from Lexington like UK. College football fans from Tuscaloosa like Bama. You get the point, right?

That's damn fine work Louisvillian.
I'll flush em out and y'all can take em down.
xkrmgkz4pyfgusoqfh1g.jpg

I'd wager most fans are "homers." Baseball fans from New York like the Yankees. Baseball fans from New England likes the Red Sox. College Basketball fans from Lexington like UK. College football fans from Tuscaloosa like Bama. You get the point, right?
So John,
Are you from Canada and just like UK or are you from lessington and like hockey pucks? By the way we're you a Patriotss fan last year? Cause that's what a homer is...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT