ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

A lot of the veteran pitchers on this team can throw in the 90s but that's it...they can't throw anything else in the strike zone. Their breaking balls come nowhere near the strike zone,thus Williams is forced to call for fastballs which are being hunted by teams like clemson. And to make it worse,they can't locate the fastballs anywhere but in the heart of the plate...meat as we used to say.

Time for a reckoning with the vets. Mac has some decisions to make about the rest of the season with the continuing saga of throwing veterans that are hopefully on their way out or chucking in the season and throwing the 6 or so Freshmen sitting over there next to him to get ready for 2025.

Happy Derby

Coach has earned the right to fix it. The reality is when you have the development mentality especially with pitching you have zero room for missing on guys. Normally players like Koger, Corbett, and Phillips all develop. They went 0-3 and then lost several others that transferred out. They replaced them with Freshman that weren’t ready.

The biggest change I have seen is the lack of pitching ability. You have to be able to set batters up. Webster has been really good pitching sequences plus placement. The others has no idea how to locate pitching or change speeds.

His biggest mistake was thinking Kroger, Corbett and Phillips would be better this year when they were awful last year. None of them showed signs of being consistent last year. You have to know when to fold em and hold em.

They have been good enough offensively to win a bunch of games.

I hate to use UK as an example for anything but I think we should just clear house on most of the pitching staff and basically get a new one in the portal, especially if we are not going to make a coaching change with Williams. He needs to ride off into the sunset... has to be frustrating for Dan to go to the pitching mound 6-7 times a game...

Baseball is such a tough sport to predict. Both teams gave games away so far. Rubber match today. You can bet the team that win this series, we have the least amount of BB's HPS's, and errors. Win blowing hard today, favors the home the Team with this last at bat. Going to be a one run game IMO. We shall see.
You were only off by 9...

• Haha
Reactions: Cardiac Red
Always heard tie goes to the runner. Oh well. See you guys next Fall
Tie goes to the runner is a popular and inaccurate interpretation of baseball rules. The claim is that a forced runner, usually the batter-runner, who arrives on base the same time as the ball is safe. However, umpires generally reject the concept that baseball provides for a tie in this way, and instead rule on the basis that either the player or the ball has reached the base first.

Tie goes to the runner is a popular and inaccurate interpretation of baseball rules. The claim is that a forced runner, usually the batter-runner, who arrives on base the same time as the ball is safe. However, umpires generally reject the concept that baseball provides for a tie in this way, and instead rule on the basis that either the player or the ball has reached the base first.
Just based off what we saw in the replay,I just can't see how they overturn that safe call...but they did. It didn't matter,I'm sure the umpiring crew felt like the rest of us..just get it over already. Lol
I was beyond frustrated at that point.

Velocity is clearly over-rated, for more evidence just look at what that 97 mph fastball got us in the first inning on Sunday against Clemson.

It is all about location of the fastball and command of the slider and curveball. How many times did we find ourselves behind 2-0?

I really like the freshman that CDM brought in; but as previously mentioned in this topic, our veteran pitching performance explains most of the disappointing performance again this year.

In hindsight, CDM and Williams felt that with Phillips, Liggett, Webster, maybe Corbett that all we needed was 1 starter, Gongora. In seriousness, we needed 2 more from the portal but that would have meant some difficult decisions. Difficult but may needed to have been done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT