ADVERTISEMENT

Battle for the Victory Bell

In case you don’t know what he’s talking about…
Final Score: Miami of Ohio 31, Cincinnati 24.
👀

He'll "lovem up" and all will be forgotten on their way to a record of somewhere between 4-8 & 8-4...no more, no less.

Didn't we agree less than a year ago to keep Satterfield coaching here? Evidently, he was good enough for U of L...

In overtime Cincy had 1st and goal at the 2 and failed to score. Lost 31-24. First time in 17 years Miami OH beat UC.
I was at the game. UC was in the red zone multiple times and failed to score. I mean MULTIPLE. UC had the ball in the red zone seven times and scored 16 out of a possible 49 points.

UC had a field goal blocked with 30 seconds to go on the clock with the game tied.

It was one of the most confounding losses I’ve ever seen.

I was at the game. UC was in the red zone multiple times and failed to score. I mean MULTIPLE. UC had the ball in the red zone seven times and scored 16 out of a possible 49 points.

UC had a field goal blocked with 30 seconds to go on the clock with the game tied.

It was one of the most confounding losses I’ve ever seen.
Bearcatsuc, you'll finish the year between 4-8 & 8-4 somewhere. Meh level of interest expected.

I guess we will do this every week but winning 8-9 games at this level is hard to do. I liked Satterfield, but I do understand that was probably his ceiling.

Leave it to the ole zipper to turn the (playful) criticism of someone / something back towards UofL.

Minus the playful part…
The Mr. Potter of rivals.com

Anyways, so not giving Satt an extension was pretty savvy regardless of what the intentions were. Cannot believe Cincy paid us for him.

Reactions: Art79 and BPGhost
…Anyways, so not giving Satt an extension was pretty savvy regardless of what the intentions were…
We intended to keep him coaching the football team.

And recruiting wise, how smart was it to try to retain a coach without a long term commitment who was having trouble recruiting here anyway? Wouldn’t that have eventually been an excuse for not landing better recruits?…

Speaking of the Sunbelt, South Alabama beat my OSU Cowboys 33-7 in Stillwater last night. That’s not Alabama. SOUTH Alabama. What’s more, they totally dominated. Shocking.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
We intended to keep him coaching the football team.

And recruiting wise, how smart was it to try to retain a coach without a long term commitment who was having trouble recruiting here anyway? Wouldn’t that have eventually been an excuse for not landing better recruits?…
I think turning down his extension offer was a clear signal to him of our commitment level to him. In the end, whether or not it was Heird playing 4-dimensional chess or, simply dumb luck - we got the guy that the fan base wanted and, got uc to pay us for the privilege.

Hard (Heird?) to believe that it could have worked out any better...

He coached for Cincy last night and they are judging him on the result of that game.

They are also judging him on his coaching results while at Louisville.
Yeah, I think I’ll give him more than three games to prove himself at UC. Just like I didn’t predict great things after his 2-0 start.

His resume shows one blemish so far, if that’s what a .500 record coaching for a dumpster fire was…

I think turning down his extension offer was a clear signal to him of our commitment level to him. In the end, whether or not it was Heird playing 4-dimensional chess or, simply dumb luck - we got the guy that the fan base wanted and, got uc to pay us for the privilege.

Hard (Heird?) to believe that it could have worked out any better...
Sure it worked out.

But I witnessed each event on that timeline. And I’m not rewriting history because, as you say, it was likely just luck, a coach with a wandering eye, and an aggressive agent.

Not much we did except benefit from those circumstances. And only because Brohm was waiting in the wings. Who was next in line behind Brohm? I don’t wanna think about that.

It’s also humorous that some in our fanbase wanna trash Cincy for hiring a coach that we were fine paying $3+ million a year for a couple more years. Sounds like our standards for a coach were more the same, than different…

I don’t smoke weed but I think someone needs to give Zipp some. Zipper, the original post was a light-hearted jab at our former coach and his seeming distaste for rivalry games. If you want to be a wet blanket and the no fun zone then feel free to start your own thread.

Did Satterfield complain at the midfield handshake about Miami players doing “C’s down”?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BPGhost
I don’t smoke weed but I think someone needs to give Zipp some. Zipper, the original post was a light-hearted jab at our former coach and his seeming distaste for rivalry games. If you want to be a wet blanket and the no fun zone then feel free to start your own thread.
No one loves sarcasm and poking fun more than me. If it’s grounded in any form of delusion, I’m gonna respond “ha ha but…”

And I don’t generally keep score of who’s saying what. From the comments generally I read, some think we’re a lot smarter than Cincy as a result of the Satterfield story. Which athletic program has elevated itself more lately, UC or U of L? Even more so if we take luck out of the equation…

Read closer….

“Elevated itself more” is a relative comparison, where you were and where you are now.

In line with an old Doc Ramsey term… “trajectory.” That guy knew what mattered…

Sure it worked out.

But I witnessed each event on that timeline. And I’m not rewriting history because, as you say, it was likely just luck, a coach with a wandering eye, and an aggressive agent.

Not much we did except benefit from those circumstances. And only because Brohm was waiting in the wings. Who was next in line behind Brohm? I don’t wanna think about that.

It’s also humorous that some in our fanbase wanna trash Cincy for hiring a coach that we were fine paying $3+ million a year for a couple more years. Sounds like our standards for a coach were more the same, than different…
Possible that Heird understood the wandering eye, aggressive agent and most importantly, the lack of positivity towards sunbelt Scotty and acted accordingly. I know that to you, everyone not named Jurich is an idiot and card carrying member of the “clown show” but, it still worked out despite all of your misgivings.

And FTR - it doesn’t matter in the slightest who might have been behind Brohm. He’s here and he has the team 3-0 and the fans re-energized.

I know that it goes against your nature but, maybe try to enjoy it rather than find any way you can to shit on it?

Read closer….

“Elevated itself more” is a relative comparison, where you were and where you are now.

In line with an old Doc Ramsey term… “trajectory.” That guy knew what mattered…
Nice let’s compare UC who was in the AAC moving to to Big 12 to Louisville that is already in the ACC. That isn’t a relative comparison. Not to mention the current programs at Louisville are far better than UC’s and that gap is only going to get bigger.

Possible that Heird understood the wandering eye, aggressive agent and most importantly, the lack of positivity towards sunbelt Scotty and acted accordingly. I know that to you, everyone not named Jurich is an idiot and card carrying member of the “clown show” but, it still worked out despite all of your misgivings.

And FTR - it doesn’t matter in the slightest who might have been behind Brohm. He’s here and he has the team 3-0 and the fans re-energized.

I know that it goes against your nature but, maybe try to enjoy it rather than find any way you can to shit on it?
My “nature” and what you know about it are irrelevant. I’m having a high old time despite mischaracterizations otherwise.

Any effort to declare how much smarter we are than Cincy WRT Satterfield is bogus. Now if you to want claim how much luckier we are, have at it.

As the season passes and after every Cincy loss and the clueless chortling of how much smarter we are than Cincy, I’ll be here with my buckets of ice water. How much evidence do U of L fans need that we’re not smarter than anyone?…

Nice let’s compare UC who was in the AAC moving to to Big 12 to Louisville that is already in the ACC. That isn’t a relative comparison. Not to mention the current programs at Louisville are far better than UC’s and that gap is only going to get bigger.
In case you haven’t heard, your two revenue sports have been in a major decline. I’m not sure any school nationally has seen more of a decline in football and men’s basketball the last five years than U of L. Certainly not Cincy’s…

My “nature” and what you know about it are irrelevant. I’m having a high old time despite mischaracterizations otherwise.

Any effort to declare how much smarter we are than Cincy WRT Satterfield is bogus. Now if you to want claim how much luckier we are, have at it.

As the season passes and after every Cincy loss and the clueless chortling of how much smarter we are than Cincy, I’ll be here with my buckets of ice water. How much evidence do U of L fans need that we’re not smarter than anyone?…
All appearances are that your “high old time” is derived primarily from trying to tamp down any enthusiasm shown about UofL football. Why is anyone’s guess but after having read years of your posts - I’d wager it’s a combination of a natural contrarian nature, the smug belief that your the smartest person in the room and, still being butthurt about the Jurich / pitino / Ramsey situations.

Here are the facts WRT sunbelt scotty - UofL refused a multimillion dollar extension for him, and Cincy paid UofL seven figures to hire him. UofL hired the coach that the fans wanted and rid itself of the coach they didn’t want and, who didn’t fit.

I’d say that makes UofL smarter than Cincy - certainly in the short term. Furthermore, I’d wager a pretty good sum that Brohm will do better here than SS will at UC and more importantly, will be here long after SS is gone from there.

All appearances are that your “high old time” is derived primarily from trying to tamp down any enthusiasm shown about UofL football. Why is anyone’s guess but after having read years of your posts - I’d wager it’s a combination of a natural contrarian nature, the smug belief that your the smartest person in the room and, still being butthurt about the Jurich / pitino / Ramsey situations.

Here are the facts WRT sunbelt scotty - UofL refused a multimillion dollar extension for him, and Cincy paid UofL seven figures to hire him. UofL hired the coach that the fans wanted and rid itself of the coach they didn’t want and, who didn’t fit.

I’d say that makes UofL smarter than Cincy - certainly in the short term. Furthermore, I’d wager a pretty good sum that Brohm will do better here than SS will at UC and more importantly, will be here long after SS is gone from there.
If Cincy hadn’t bailed us out, we’d still be stuck with Brohm’s sloppy seconds from 2018.

And that’s because we’re out of money—due to the many documented bad decisions that stupid, misguided U of L administrators made—and had no choice regardless of what fans wanted. Any confidence or smugness emanating from these circumstances at Cincy are totally misplaced.

The old regime is a distant memory. Except for fond recollections like “trajectory,” I’m totally engrossed in what the new cats are doing. Join me…

Reactions: swurv99
You can't lose either way! If he does well you can trash UofL! If he doesn't do well you can trash UofL!

GO CARDS!
I like win-win situations (mostly for me!)

Seriously, it’s way too early to judge what Satterfield will do at Cincy. All I remarked last week is that he may surprise. Too many of our fans don’t see that possibility…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT