ADVERTISEMENT

Based on Schedule, probably will be 9-3 or 8-4 next year

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
we will most likely be worse next year with the same type of ending. based on the schedule we should be favored in 9 games and should beat AP, JSU and GT at home to start 3-0, will be underdogs and should lose to ND on the road, we hopefully beat SMU, UVA, Miami (potential loss at home) and BC to be 7-1, then Lose to Clemson 7-2 on the road, then a toss up at Stanford based on travel but still posting a win, and beat pitt to be 9-2. then lose again to uk on the road and end up 9-3 w/o being in acc title game. at best we get 10-2 if we somehow can beat either ND, Clemson or UK on the road. we can also go 7-5 while losing to those three plus losing to Miami and Stanford, or even the random 3rd string qb from no where beats us liek last year. 6-6 is even a possibility if GT or someone else gets us by surprise. but seems 9-3 is most likely outcome based on spreads. 8.5 wins is probably the o/u.

I am not sure how any prediction at this point in time could be considered responsible. Judging from the Fall preseason polls over the last several years, particularly since the Portal, have been incredibly inaccurate.

I am not sure how any prediction at this point in time could be considered responsible. Judging from the Fall preseason polls over the last several years, particularly since the Portal, have been incredibly inaccurate.
all based on rankings of course. we finished top 20 and all teams we should beat weren't top 50. ones we lose to should be top 20 with maybe uk borderline.

Well, here's my irresponsible 2024 season prediction for Louisville football.

Cards 44 A.Peay 3
Cards 42 Jax State 16
Cards 38 Ga. Tech 17
Irish 30 Cards 27
Cards 45 SMU 14
Cards 34 Virginia 10
Cards 31 Miami 19
Cards 34 BC 13
Cards 31 Clemson 24
Cards 34 Stanford 17
Cards 44 Pitt 7
Cards 35 UK 24

Cards 11 - 1

Cards 44 A.Peay 3
Cards 42 Jax State 16
Cards 38 Ga. Tech 17
Irish 30 Cards 27
Cards 45 SMU 14
Cards 34 Virginia 10
Cards 31 Miami 19
Cards 34 BC 13
Cards 31 Clemson 24
Cards 34 Stanford 17
Cards 44 Pitt 7
Cards 35 UK 24

Cards 11 - 1

Looks like playoffs record to me.

• Love
Reactions: BPGhost
I think we will be better than last year on both offense and defense. The big question marks on offense will be can Shough stay healthy and can we replace the loss of production at RB. We lost a lot of production there and both guys hit on some long runs for us. But the addition of two talented and experienced TEs in Redmon and Cummings will allow JB to use the TE's more in the offense this year.

I hope JB upgrades the Place Kicking Position. Both Green Bay and Buffalo may have advanced in the NFL Playoffs had their Kickers not missed very makable Kicks. Our Kicker was very shaky but did hit the big one against NCST.

Gillotte and Riley returning was huge for the defense. And JB did a really good job filling positions of need, especially CBs and Safeties. The Edge Rusher from UT was a big get also.

Not sure what our record will be. We won an awful lot of close games last year. My guess is 9 plus if Key Guys stay healthy.

Reactions: Mayoman
I think we will be better than last year on both offense and defense. The big question marks on offense will be can Shough stay healthy and can we replace the loss of production at RB. We lost a lot of production there and both guys hit on some long runs for us. But the addition of two talented and experienced TEs in Redmon and Cummings will allow JB to use the TE's more in the offense this year.

I hope JB upgrades the Place Kicking Position. Both Green Bay and Buffalo may have advanced in the NFL Playoffs had their Kickers not missed very makable Kicks. Our Kicker was very shaky but did hit the big one against NCST.

Gillotte and Riley returning was huge for the defense. And JB did a really good job filling positions of need, especially CBs and Safeties. The Edge Rusher from UT was a big get also.

Not sure what our record will be. We won an awful lot of close games last year. My guess is 9 plus if Key Guys stay healthy.
Reasonable!

Cards 44 A.Peay 3
Cards 42 Jax State 16
Cards 38 Ga. Tech 17
Irish 30 Cards 27
Cards 45 SMU 14
Cards 34 Virginia 10
Cards 31 Miami 19
Cards 34 BC 13
Cards 31 Clemson 24
Cards 34 Stanford 17
Cards 44 Pitt 7
Cards 35 UK 24

Cards 11 - 1
Actually I could see this happening. A lot depends, as it did last year, on QB play. Jack got us to 10 wins. Will Shough be able to absorb the playbook, execute, and most of all stay healthy? I think the defense has a chance to be special. If things break right, we could win 11. Or more.

Last edited:
We have more talent than this years team but face a tougher schedule, with road games at ND, Clemson and UK. We do avoid NC State and FSU who figure to be in top 4 of ACC. I think Vegas O/U for us will open at 8.5 and get bet up to 9.

Reactions: Louis III

Cards 44 A.Peay 3
Cards 42 Jax State 16
Cards 38 Ga. Tech 17
Irish 30 Cards 27
Cards 45 SMU 14
Cards 34 Virginia 10
Cards 31 Miami 19
Cards 34 BC 13
Cards 31 Clemson 24
Cards 34 Stanford 17
Cards 44 Pitt 7
Cards 35 UK 24

Cards 11 - 1
Didn’t you do reasonably well with your predictions for last year?

Team will be really good next year. In terms of talent.. I’m not sure there is a position group the we aren’t bare minimum the same at, 90% of position groups will be better. Offense should be a lot more dynamic. Defensively the front 7 is going to be much better than last season. The late additions of T-Mac and Wes Walker are absolutely huge, Safety was a big concern and now is sured up. Pretty confident that Louisville will beat ND… again.. on the road this time. This team is legit. Athletically will be potentially the best team we have ever had. FLOOR, is 9 wins. Team would be incredibly disappointed with that. Running the table is a possibility as much as 1-2 slip ups is.

Team will be really good next year. In terms of talent.. I’m not sure there is a position group the we aren’t bare minimum the same at, 90% of position groups will be better. Offense should be a lot more dynamic. Defensively the front 7 is going to be much better than last season. The late additions of T-Mac and Wes Walker are absolutely huge, Safety was a big concern and now is sured up. Pretty confident that Louisville will beat ND… again.. on the road this time. This team is legit. Athletically will be potentially the best team we have ever had. FLOOR, is 9 wins. Team would be incredibly disappointed with that. Running the table is a possibility as much as 1-2 slip ups is.
Still a little concerned about our receiver room.

Didn’t you do reasonably well with your predictions for last year?
I predicted 10 wins but that was in July. I will have a more informed prediction for 2024 this summer. Looking at this schedule I couldn't help myself after reading predicting now was irresponsible.

I think they could beat ND again but I figured we probably won't go undefeated. And I'm convinced we finally get over the hump and beat Clemson, so ND on the road early in the season seems more likely than some upset loss.

Not to be argumentative, but how can anyone predict the outcome of an upcoming season, when it is not possible to know now who will even be playing for either team? My “irresponsible” comment was not intended to be personal, but I really question as to how anyone can predict wins or losses, much less the scores when it is not clear as to who would be available to play on either team, for any given game?

It is evident to me, particularly after witnessing last season‘s QB performance, UL’s season (and for that matter most every team in college football) will depend on who ends up as the starting QB. For UL, will it be transfer Tyler Shough, or Clarkson?

Not to be argumentative, but how can anyone predict the outcome of an upcoming season, when it is not possible to know now who will even be playing for either team? My “irresponsible” comment was not intended to be personal, but I really question as to how anyone can predict wins or losses, much less the scores when it is not clear as to who would be available to play on either team, for any given game?

It is evident to me, particularly after witnessing last season‘s QB performance, UL’s season (and for that matter most every team in college football) will depend on who ends up as the starting QB. For UL, will it be transfer Tyler Shough, or Clarkson?
Predictions are based off teams assuming 100% health. These predictions will also change when the portal is back open after spring ball. As of now you go off what we have. Everything is subject to change for everyone.

It's just for fun dude. In no way are my predictions meant to be taken so seriously. As you stated, there's plenty of unknowns for both Louisville and it's opponents. Predictions in February are simply a fun way of anticipating a possible special season ahead. If I thought the Cards would suck, it wouldn't be fun predicting a 5 and 7 season.

I certainly don't look at it as irresponsible.

It is truly all about QB performance; which is why I am convinced that pr-season predictions are so difficult. Notre Dame is a good example; as Sam Hartman appeared to be the perfect fit for the Irish to accomplish their National Championship aspirations going into the 2023 season …… but his performance over the course of the year failed to meet those lofty expectations.

While Plummer was never perceived to be at Hartman’s level, I think most will agree that Jack too failed to meet the expectations that most UL fans had for him Leading up to the start of the season.

I will make a prediction; one that is rather conservative in my mind …………. if UL’s QB next year can perform up to what we experienced with Teddy Bridgewater Sugar Bowl season, we will finish 12-0. However, if UL’s QB performance resembles Plummer’s performance last year …….. 8-4.

It is truly all about QB performance; which is why I am convinced that pr-season predictions are so difficult. Notre Dame is a good example; as Sam Hartman appeared to be the perfect fit for the Irish to accomplish their National Championship aspirations going into the 2023 season …… but his performance over the course of the year failed to meet those lofty expectations.

While Plummer was never perceived to be at Hartman’s level, I think most will agree that Jack too failed to meet the expectations that most UL fans had for him Leading up to the start of the season.

I will make a prediction; one that is rather conservative in my mind …………. if UL’s QB next year can perform up to what we experienced with Teddy Bridgewater Sugar Bowl season, we will finish 12-0. However, if UL’s QB performance resembles Plummer’s performance last year …….. 8-4.
Boo on the 8-4 call. Cards will be faster and better at almost every position in year 2 of Bear Brohm. Team will take on his will and passion to win even more this year.

Those that had high expectations of Plummer last year were unrealistic and mostly baseless hope vs fact. His Brohm connection and disconnection (ie transfer away from Purdue and then reconnection at UofL) raised false hope and fanatical fans ran with it after a great start to the season, failing to account for the uptake with the schedule in facing teams with as much or more talent as our Cards had those last 3 games. Not only Plummer but others failed to step up (not G) even more so when Jordan and Thrash went down did us in not just the QB.

Boo on the 8-4 call. Cards will be faster and better at almost every position in year 2 of Bear Brohm. Team will take on his will and passion to win even more this year.

Those that had high expectations of Plummer last year were unrealistic and mostly baseless hope vs fact. His Brohm connection and disconnection (ie transfer away from Purdue and then reconnection at UofL) raised false hope and fanatical fans ran with it after a great start to the season, failing to account for the uptake with the schedule in facing teams with as much or more talent as our Cards had those last 3 games. Not only Plummer but others failed to step up (not G) even more so when Jordan and Thrash went down did us in not just the QB.
And…. They still managed to win 10 games. Only 3 teams on the schedule have more talent on paper… maybe. This group could be really special. Out of those 3 teams with “more” talent, we have a coaching edge in 2 of the games at minimum. Brohm over Freeman and Mario every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

And…. They still managed to win 10 games. Only 3 teams on the schedule have more talent on paper… maybe. This group could be really special. Out of those 3 teams with “more” talent, we have a coaching edge in 2 of the games at minimum. Brohm over Freeman and Mario every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.
I hope you are right on the Freeman and Mario C. front. Until Brohm/UofL beats Stoops/UK it is not a fact yet. It will soon be one.

I hope you are right on the Freeman and Mario C. front. Until Brohm/UofL beats Stoops/UK it is not a fact yet. It will soon be one.
I’m not going to outweigh that Kentucky game. Brohm has more than proven to be a better coach on game days than both Freeman and Cristobal. Louisville was flat out better than Kentucky last year. The statistics show it. You can rewatch it and see it as well. A KR touchdown followed by a fumble the very next possession absolutely derailed the game. Can’t have 3 turnovers and special team TD and expect to win. You will lose a game with that script 97% of the time.

We apparently didn't have any qb's on the bench last year better than Plummer. Other than the freshman understandably not playing that doesn't instill alot of confidence for this year at qb. Other than Shough (injury prone), will Clarkson be ready? We will be better defensively. Can't wait for spring game and see who stands out at qb.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Remember my “8-4” was only if the QB resembles the performance of 2023. UL must get some serious contribution at that position, or we end us disappointed.

Remember my “8-4” was only if the QB resembles the performance of 2023. UL must get some serious contribution at that position, or we end us disappointed.
Yes but the entirety of the team is better. Even if it resembles las season… the rest of the roster is upgraded.

502Cards1

totally agree about the amazing job that Jeff has done, and continues to do “upgrading our roster”. However, I still question how any prediction to 2024 is reasonable at this early point in time, as it is not possible to know cannot so many of the variables, like who actually shows up eligible, who avoids injuries, the weather conditions (Pitt), opponent injuries, etc., all of which have the potential to effect the outcome of each and every game.

Parity in college sports was well on its way before NIL and the Portal, but since those recent developments have become reality …….. the college rosters have become incredibly dependent on transfers fitting into new schemes with very little preparation.

Admittedly my range of 12-0 to 8-4 is so wide, that its is essentially irrelevant to this OP, but I still maintain that our record will depend on how our QB performs. Other positions and individual players factoring into how we perform? Absolutely, but without a solid contribution at QB, we will struggle to match last season’s 9-3.

Cards I believe have upgraded at the skill positions on offense. Shough is clearly more talented than Plummer and Peny Boone I believe is better than Jordan. Even if he's not, he's not a downgrade. I think Brooks and Lacey are better than Thrash, who did most of his damage with yards after the catch. These two are more physical receivers.

As for the OL I don't know. There's not a lot of video highlights of offensive linemen blocking. Cards have the size though so I assume it will be a strong line.

The biggest question is the QB. If Shough has injury issues, who will be the backup and how good will he be is anyone's guess. I think it's clearly obvious that Brohms 2nd team is more talented and deeper than his 1st team. If that translates to more than 10 wins depends on nothing catastrophic happening.

I would accept that Shough is more talented than Plummer, at least when compared to where each one was coming in as transfers to UL. However, Shough’s propensity for injury is a serious concern. I watched Cunningham perform like a Heisman candidate when healthy, but I also remember just how vulnerable we were when he was playing injured.

Remember FSU was a national contender with Travis healthy, but lost badly to UGA without him. I maintain that UL will go just as far as our QB play takes us next year.

I too like Boone, but I am not ready to say he is better than Jordan.

Reactions: Guardman

That’s a high bar- Teddy was extraordinary that year. With the tougher schedule, I think 8-4 would be a good year, unless as you said the QB play us next level.

Honestly I am at 8-4. And I would be pleased with that result. I just hope the Cards don't let down at the season end as to they just did.

Also I hope the Cards Transfer movement is sustainable. But we'll need to see what happens with the upcoming discussion between the two P2's.

I don't see how a good FB team càn thrive year after year without some emphasis on development of HS recruits.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
I need to get a good luck at the team in April before I make any kind of predictions. Lots of new faces, especially at the skill positions.

Again, way to early to predict 2024 record; I will be anxious to hear the comments from Jeff following Spring practice and the subsequent Fall practices. Jeff is not about hyperbole, he will share with those around him as to whether Shough and the other QBs are special or not.

Reactions: UofLouisville
Honestly I am at 8-4. And I would be pleased with that result. I just hope the Cards don't let down at the season end as to they just did.

Also I hope the Cards Transfer movement is sustainable. But we'll need to see what happens with the upcoming discussion between the two P2's.

I don't see how a good FB team càn thrive year after year without some emphasis on development of HS recruits.
I think 8-4 is possible, but so is 11-1. A lot depends on the QB. I think high numbers of transfers are ok, especially if most of them have 2-3 years eligibility. It’s tough to build a Cohesive team with large numbers of OAD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT