ADVERTISEMENT

Back to football:

Kratz

2500+
Nov 18, 2001
Anyone heard any status on Hearns and if he'll be available for the citrus bowl? They never gave specifics of who had what injuries other than to use words like minor or non life threatening. Didn't say who had what injuries.

With LSUs line and running game, Hearns will be vital. Hope he's there.

Jurich manned up and did the right thing. So yeah, I'm good and hope it's done. You done getting on me for wanting the school to be upstanding and do the right thing? You know blah,blah, blah, blah.

Forgive me if it upset me that my favorite school was in the middle of another scandal. I like to win and win within the rules and with respect.

I want the school to be upstanding also.
However, its impossible.

Chris Jones was suspended and barred from leaving his dorm, so what did he do?

Idiot Mcgee's job was to watch the players and recruits, so what did he do?

Hearns and Famurewa were two of thousands of college students partying. You
know what students actually major in.

Jurich's initial presser was crap, but he was indignant to the fact that he gave Petrino and Pitino 2nd chances. Thats the real crimes here. If Petrino sneezes and doesn't cover his mouth, then its two days of bashing by the cable yappers.

This wasnt a scandal. It was a hatchet job aimed at Petrino and Jurich.

Reactions: Cue Card
Oh I agree that it was overblown, but in hiring Petrino, Jurich knew that anything was going to get blown out of proportion. Petrino (and Pitino) have to walk on eggshells because of misdeeds in their past. EVERYONE knows that.

See, I think it is possible for the SCHOOL to be upstanding. You're always going to have some kids get into trouble. Everyone knows this. You discipline the kid properly and the school looks like it did the right thing. Very few rational minded people are going to blame the school for a few isolated incidents of kids. It has to become a pattern before the school gets blamed. (except for by the rival fan base, but they don't count).

Staff is a different story. Our last two scandals have been staff. Powell stuff came out and Jurich pretty much did the right thing. When this came out, Jurich severely mishandled it with the first statement. Basically made us look even worse. A few days later Jurich cleaned it up nicely with a different statement that included the right words and punishment. He owned it for the school and it contained all the right things. That's what we needed in the beginning, and it wasn't there.

Again, hopefully this thing is fading quickly in the rear view mirror and we can just play some games for awhile.

Jurich manned up and did the right thing. So yeah, I'm good and hope it's done.
Oh???

Glad to see you're ok with a bone. Nothings changed, but you're good now after all the bitching.:rolleyes:

Glad to see you're a person of conviction.

yeah, manned up, owned it, suspended a coach and paid a fine but nothings changed.

Glad to know you're a win at all cost type who doesn't care what happens as long as we win. I'm truly amazed at the number of people who don't care about integrity and doing things the right way.

yeah, manned up, owned it, suspended a coach and paid a fine but nothings changed.

Glad to know you're a win at all cost type who doesn't care what happens as long as we win. I'm truly amazed at the number of people who don't care about integrity and doing things the right way.

If you only knew what really goes on behind the scenes of College football and basketball athletics.

And no the dirty crap didnt start in the 80s. Its always been there and it will never go away.

If we really discussed all the shenanigans on here, it would be longer than that stupid 100 page thread on the whoor powell.

It will never stop..................

I actually have a pretty good idea. Like I posted in another thread: One of my daughters got her bachelors and masters at UT. She dated a guy that worked in the athletic department and told me lots of stories that never came close to making the news.

It just saddens me that people accept it now. Just win baby, nothing else matters.

Sorry, I don't and won't roll that way. I believe in things like integrity, respect, rules, sportsmanship, duty, honor and committment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT