ADVERTISEMENT

Assists

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
While there has been a lot of consistency with this team, IMHO, there is one area of concern. Assists. In our two losses, we had 7 and 8 assists. Now granted some of that is the competition. However against Wake we had 7 again and last night was better with 10. Mitchell was our leader with 4. Now seemingly with the emergence of Q as a scorer, I am wondering where the assists will come from. To me I think we would have lost again if we were playing MSU (same recipe, big lead). I know a road win is great but NC state is not a good team based on their losses. Someone needs to humble themselves so that this team can reach full potential. I saw at least two drives by guards that could have led to easy dunks and possibly and ones. Yeah they got fouled but both times only made 1 FT.

Go Cards!

I agree with most of your post.I think when these guys are CONSISTENTLY looking for each other,they are at their best.I'm absolutely ok with guys taking their guy to the hole,but a lot of times the assist never enters their minds.The extra pass is a staple of fundamental basketball.The good shot becomes a better shot.

I'm glad there's a thread on passing.I won't have to start one myself.Imo,the 3 minute stretch when Mitchell had 4 (yes 4) assists(3 to Snider) was the key to this win.

I don't agree that this wasn't a good win though.I think we saw their best shot,if not close to it.

Reactions: shadow force
Oh,btw,that no look pass from Mitchell to Spalding was top 10 stuff.

I agree with most of your post.I think when these guys are CONSISTENTLY looking for each other,they are at their best.I'm absolutely ok with guys taking their guy to the hole,but a lot of times the assist never enters their minds.The extra pass is a staple of fundamental basketball.The good shot becomes a better shot.

I'm glad there's a thread on passing.I won't have to start one myself.Imo,the 3 minute stretch when Mitchell had 4 (yes 4) assists(3 to Snider) was the key to this win.

I don't agree that this wasn't a good win though.I think we saw their best shot,if not close to it.
Q made 4 3's. Someone passed him the ball. I assume those were assists. Does that mean we only had 6 other assists?

Earsky,

I agree it was a good win. It was actually our best win to date. I'm trying to find reasons on how we can get on that same level with Kansas, UNC, Oklahoma and MSU (with Valentine). When the defense tightens up and the pressure, I just don't want us breaking down and trying to do everything one on one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT