ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant Coach...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hearing Taylor Barnette now occupies Luke Murray’s old office. Got to be honest, not super impressed with this move by Mack. Hope Barnette proves me wrong. Reading his bio doesn’t move the needle whatsoever. SMH.

Update: I think he has been given a lesser capacity than that of an assistant coach. If that’s the case I can live with that.

I'm curious to find out who Mack names as his new assistants. I wonder what criteria he is looking for in the new staff. To teach a new style of basketball? Better recruiting?

I'm curious to find out who Mack names as his new assistants. I wonder what criteria he is looking for in the new staff. To teach a new style of basketball? Better recruiting?
I don’t know but it’s not like football and you bring in a new offensive or defensive coach with a new scheme. Mack is known for his “pack line” defense. It strikes me that he wants someone who believes in his system not someone who wants to change it. I wish I could hear Dino’s and Luke’s thoughts about why they were let go. Not just a statement that says “a difference of opinion”

Reactions: JohnnyWalker
Oops just saw this. Mack promotes former director of operations, Kahil Fennell as one of his assistants. That tells me he wants to keep things consistent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT