ADVERTISEMENT

Are you nosy noobs happy to find out what Chris did

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
There you go.

Happy now.

He's has anger issues, severe anger issues.

Police report out. Have fun.

The sooner the air's cleared, the sooner the speculation -- a lot of which is worse than what actually happened (not to minimize what actually happened) -- can stop and everybody can start to move on without further distractions.

Originally posted by Skywarp:
The sooner the air's cleared, the sooner the speculation -- a lot of which is worse than what actually happened (not to minimize what actually happened) -- can stop and everybody can start to move on without further distractions.
And not to minimize it,but we're living in a different time.

Sad. Unless our boy has some kind of history here, this is crazy. 99 problems...

This post was edited on 2/23 9:41 PM by OmegaCard

99 problems

I strongly suspect there is more to this story that what has been reported so far. Is one text worth expulsion? Not an action, not an assault... a text. The text wasn't cool or right... but come on...

Even if it all comes down to the text, why suspend 1 game, re-instate for 1 game, then release. It just doesn't add up...

Whatever the truth is, I hope everyone finds peace, growth, and moves on successfully.

Don't get me wrong! If lines were crossed....

Is Jay-Z's album banned yet from being played?

Some people have a lot invested in UL and if this young man can enjoy the benefits of same, he can equally be held accountable. PURE DEFLECTION! He is responsible for his behavior, not the people that want to know and deserve to know how he mismanaged what was given to him. A threatening text makes the university responsible once they have knowledge of it. INDEFENSIBLE to 99% of us anyway. Nobody is against CJ. We all want what is best for all student athletes, especially those that represent our team.

Nah. If we're talking text message only. That crap is messed up. Punished with only one side of the story.

If UL knows about it and the girl gets hurt, they are legally liable and would get trashed by the media.

The previous poster is correct. The text was just reason for the suspension. What caused the dismissal is unknown at this point.
This post was edited on 2/23 9:19 PM by send2den

So are text messages interpreted as literal expression? I'm not sure I got that memo. What does OMG mean legally? Is it binding?

If I'm spending $2k - $4k on UL BB, and the team goes to hell, making my investment worthless, yeah I'd like to know why. It will influence whether I want to make this investment again.

But if had nothing invested, I wouldn't care nearly as much.

Which category do you fall in? Season ticket holder or not?

That will probably speak for itself.

Originally posted by Rollem Cards:
If I'm spending $2k - $4k on UL BB, and the team goes to hell, making my investment worthless, yeah I'd like to know why. It will influence whether I want to make this investment again.

Spending money on the program does not give you or anyone else who spends money on the team the right to know the personal PRIVATE issues that these kids might be going thru. The fact you think spending money on the program makes you entitled is a joke. You are not entitled to know everything about ANY of the players or coaches private lives no matter how much money you spend on the program. Why is that so hard for people to accept? YOU DON'T OWN THEM.

Originally posted by Cue Card:
Originally posted by Rollem Cards:

Spending money on the program does not give you or anyone else who spends money on the team the right to know the personal PRIVATE issues that these kids might be going thru. The fact you think spending money on the program makes you entitled is a joke. You are not entitled to know everything about ANY of the players or coaches private lives no matter how much money you spend on the program. Why is that so hard for people to accept? YOU DON'T OWN THEM.
This ^^^^^^

I've been a season ticket holder in basketball since 1981 and football longer than that. That probably puts me in a small category.

I have never looked at my season ticket money as an investment. It's entertainment money. I enjoy sports and particularly all UL sports. It hasn't always been about winning and losing, evidenced by sitting thru a lot of ugly football games many years ago. I like to see effort and good sportsmanship displayed by our athletes. Also, play by the rules!

Winning certainly plays a part. 2013 was probably the most fun I've had in 40 years of supporting our programs!

I am not entitled to know about privacy issues of our student athletes! Never felt that way and never will. Trust your coaches and administrators to make the right decisions. When student athletes make poor decisions and leave programs, my only hope is that they turn things around and get their personal lives in order.

Originally posted by glassmanJ:
There But For The Grace Of God Goes Me
^^^^This. Why would another recruit ever put a foot on our campus now?

This post was edited on 2/24 9:42 AM by OmegaCard

Originally posted by chugman:
I've been a season ticket holder in basketball since 1981 and football longer than that. That probably puts me in a small category.

I have never looked at my season ticket money as an investment. It's entertainment money. I enjoy sports and particularly all UL sports. It hasn't always been about winning and losing, evidenced by sitting thru a lot of ugly football games many years ago. I like to see effort and good sportsmanship displayed by our athletes. Also, play by the rules!

Winning certainly plays a part. 2013 was probably the most fun I've had in 40 years of supporting our programs!

I am not entitled to know about privacy issues of our student athletes! Never felt that way and never will. Trust your coaches and administrators to make the right decisions. When student athletes make poor decisions and leave programs, my only hope is that they turn things around and get their personal lives in order.
It's ironic you mention this.

I never used to look at my tickets as an investment either. But as time has gone on, and as we are CONSTANTLY reminded how much money UL athletics produces (much of it from us), it's just making me think that's all it's about. MONEY. The price has gone up. Aren't investments supposed to increase in value? There are people on these boards trying to sell their tickets instead of just giving them up if they don't want to go anymore. It's an investment to them.

Regardless, the BILLIONS of dollars involved in college athletics has jaded me. The "amateurism" is gone. History. Hell, the players even are looking for paychecks now.

And spare me the "student athlete" crap. If anyone was concerned about the "student" part, these athletes would have to pass more than 6 hrs a semester. Theses "student athletes" are simply revenue generators for schools and the NCAA.

I don't really care what CJ did. But again, he's an adult, and is responsible for his actions. He's not a 17 yr old Fr.

We'll find out sooner or later. NOTHING is secret anymore. Hell, he will probably tell us on FB or twitter before all is said and done, then bitch about it getting out.

BTW...at what point do we have the right to know? After an arrest? A criminal complaint? (which is what we have here).

Why is a misdemeanor DUI or Shoplifting arrest splashed all over TV for a "student athlete"? Should we not know about that?

It seems the only times we DON'T know why someone is gone...is when they just want them gone.

Did we really just kick off our starting PG because he got into an argument in text with his... I assume girlfriend? --Said he was going to slap her if she messed up his room again? Then how do you keep hoes from messing up your bedroom?

Naw, I don't want to press charges, I want someone to talk to him.
frown.r191677.gif

Originally posted by OmegaCard:
Did we really just kick off our starting PG because he got into an argument in text with his... I assume girlfriend? --Said he was going to slap her if she messed up his room again? Then how do you keep hoes from messing up your bedroom?

Naw, I don't want to press charges, I want someone to talk to him.
frown.r191677.gif
Someone in this thread said the text incident is what got him suspended. Something else apparently happened that caused him to be dismissed.

I don't know if that's true or not and to be honest, it's none of my business. He's been dismissed and it's his life. I just hope he gets things straightened out so he can be a productive member of society.

Good luck to you Chris if you're reading this board.

Someone in this thread said the text incident is what got him suspended. Something else apparently happened that caused him to be dismissed.

I don't know if that's true or not and to be honest, it's none of my business. He's been dismissed and it's his life. I just hope he gets things straightened out so he can be a productive member of society.

Good luck to you Chris if you're reading this board.
Have you ever called the police over a text you received? Can you even call the police over a text you received?

This post was edited on 2/24 12:49 PM by OmegaCard

I guess I've said all there is to say. I hope no one took my posts to suggest I endorse abuse. Fact of the matter that we're even talking about a couple of kids relationship is just...so low brow. (there's supposedly a system in place for this kind of issues--media not being one of them.) Absolutely no class left in the media these days.

CJ. Thank you for all your hard work. Your competitive spirit is awesome. This darkness will pass and you'll make dam good money doing what you love.

No, I'm not happy to find out what CJ did! However, the curious cat in me wanted to find out what he did to deserve a boot off the team and essentially end his college career. All of this...as far as we know at this point...stem from a vindictive girlfriend who purposefully trashed his apartment then called the campus police to report his angry text response. There is likely more to it since the news are reporting that another incident is currently under investigation. In this overly sensitive and twisted world, if CJ had texted that he would "FT smack out of her" rather than "smack TF out of her", then everything would have been fine. She would have happily returned to his room for the punishment, CJ gets to "blow off" his frustration and the UL fandom would have peace.

Then again, this season has been all about "what if"...

This post was edited on 2/24 5:18 PM by RockvilleRed

Well this thread sure looks different today. This is why you patiently wait for the information to come out before you question how it was handled. A threatening text may have been an indication of far more serious potentially harmful behavior (as it usually is).

Yes, you can call the police over a text message you received. In fact, it is called HARRASSING COMMUNICATION. If the text is a threat, then it becomes TERRORISTIC THREATENING a class A misdemeanor.

Originally posted by ACCCard:
Well this thread sure looks different today. This is why you patiently wait for the information to come out before you question how it was handled. A threatening text may have been an indication of far more serious potentially harmful behavior (as it usually is).
Not really. How is John Lucas going to help a Rapist?

Originally posted by OmegaCard:
Originally posted by ACCCard:
Not really. How is John Lucas going to help a Rapist?
Well it appears your mind is made up. I think I'll wait for his conviction (if it happens) before I call him a rapist.

Well it appears your mind is made up. I think I'll wait for his conviction (if it happens) before I call him a rapist.
Not at all. I was pointing out that if the administration knew of the possible rape charges, why even pretend he's going to see John Lucas? It's fishy.

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:
Yes, you can call the police over a text message you received. In fact, it is called HARRASSING COMMUNICATION. If the text is a threat, then it becomes TERRORISTIC THREATENING a class A misdemeanor.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
. Yeah, if it ain't CJ they don't care. Great defense... Somebody else must have sent it from my phone. I don't keep track of it 24/7. It was a joke. I lost my phone and someone is screwing around with my contacts....That's why the cops won't begin to bother with it.

Originally posted by KeepingItReal74:
Denying it was you that sent the text messages will not work. Same as with emails. Can trace IP's. Better passwords?
WTF are you talking about? Yes it will! And IP is tied to the person who pays the cable/phone bill and nothing more.

This post was edited on 2/27 11:36 AM by OmegaCard

You're way off target. I'm saying that's the way it is. Not the way I want it. I'd be the first in line to sign off on protecting our rights to privacy and full protection of all rights in our constitution. It's never been worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT