ADVERTISEMENT

Are you guys pretty proud to be in the ACC?

Proud? I'm happy, ecstatic to be in the ACC. It's the ACC that should be proud to have U of L. We are more than holding our own and bring a lot to the conference, both in competition and revenue.

Reactions: clyono
The Cardinals Athletic Department under the guidance of Tom Jurich has become one of the best in the country so that's the reason the Cardinals are now sitting in the ACC, and yes I am very proud as a fan to have witnessed it.

From top revenue sports to non revenue sports, the Cardinals Athletic Department is competitive, and compliant with Title IX. That's ALL because of Tom Jurich, the BEST Athletic Director in the NCAA.

56 years a Cardinal fan. Couldn't be prouder or happier. Even the rabid younger fans have no clue the extent of progress during the course of those years. ACC membership caps it off.
So true, but let's not rest yet. Winning ACC championships will cap it off.

Sometimes it is difficult for an oldster like me to fathom the progress over the years. Our BB has been there all my life. FB has been a 30 yr. process, but our progress in women's and non-revenue sports is mind blowing. To see the university's name out there with seemingly every sport is quite an accomplishment.

Back to the OP.......... I am very proud to be a member of the ACC. Other conferences may be higher in national esteem and others may be louder, but there is no place I would rather be than in the ACC. A quality conference across the entire spectrum of college athletics. I hope we make them proud to have us as a member.

Fate dealt us a winning hand. Came to damn close to joining the Big 12. I always thought we were a perfect fit to be in the ACC. As I've said before I lived in NC for 7 years in my teens. Always loved NC and nearly went to UNC. So I'm very pleased with where we've landed. The ACC is a great conference with plenty of great members!

UL ranks up there with teams to mess with
I've followed Louisville basketball since Wes Unseld / Butch Beard / Jerry King / Denny Deeken / Fred Holden roamed the Freedom Hall court. Football...I started to pay attention to football when Corso was the coach in the early 70's. My wife is from Michigan; we married in 2002. We are avid football season ticket holders and travel to at least one or more FB away games a year. Every time we walk toward Papa Johns Stadium and I see the ACC banner, I bore her with my rambling dialogue of disbelief of our status in today's college athletic landscape. To think the Louisville would be in the ACC after all of the years participating in lesser conferences, from the Missouri Valley to the AAC, still feels almost surreal to me.

So, yes...I am pretty proud to be a member of the ACC.

Last edited:
I've followed Louisville basketball since Wes Unseld / Butch Beard / Jerry King / Denny Deeken / Fred Holden roamed the Freedom Hall court. Football...I started to pay attention to football when Corso was the coach in the early 70's. My wife is from Michigan; we married in 2002. We are avid football season ticket holders and travel to at least one or more FB away games a year. Every time we walk toward Papa Johns Stadium and I see the ACC banner, I bore her with my rambling dialogue of disbelief of our status in today's college athletic landscape. To think the Louisville would be in the ACC after all of the years participating in lesser conferences, from the Missouri Valley to the AAC, still feels almost surreal to me.

So, yes...I am pretty proud to be a member of the ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT