ADVERTISEMENT

AP Poll shafts Cards

Very true! OSU plays Wisc next and MI has to play OSU at the end of the season so there is room for us to bump up as long as we take care of business.

Reactions: American Male
We owned TAMU just 6 games ago. But no benefit of the doubt - so lame. Don't get mad, get even.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll?2015-1=
Should have beaten Clemson and then you wouldn't have to worry about it. They did it to themselves. I don't want to hear about the mean polls that are out to get us. Finish a 4th quarter drive against Clemson for a change. They've blown all three of their last minute drives against them. Punch the damn thing in and win than you don't have to play conspiracy theory with the polls.

Should have beaten Clemson and then you wouldn't have to worry about it. They did it to themselves. I don't want to hear about the mean polls that are out to get us. Finish a 4th quarter drive against Clemson for a change. They've blown all three of their last minute drives against them. Punch the damn thing in and win than you don't have to play conspiracy theory with the polls.
100% FACT

Yeah, we suck. :rolleyes:

Reactions: tkdcoach
We owned TAMU just 6 games ago. But no benefit of the doubt - so lame. Don't get mad, get even.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll?2015-1=

If you look deeper into the number of points in the poll, it's pretty clear that the poll voters were divided 50.2 to 49.8 percent about whether to move undefeated TAMU ahead of us. TAMU has 1202 poll votes to UofL's 1193 - an extremely close vote with 61 poll voters.

I still see that as showing us a great deal of respect. We are still the highest rated one loss team in both polls.

Last edited:
Yeah, we suck. :rolleyes:
He has a point. Finish the drive against Clemson and the polls are in our favor instead of against us. We should have won that game and everyone knows it. We turned them over 5 times. No good excuse for not winning the game. We just didn't get it done when it was right there for the taking. Hopefully the kids are pissed off about it and take it out on the rest of the opponents all season long.

They, they, they??

No "we"?

Does this mean you're off the train? ;)

The Playoff has existed for 2 years, and both years 3 of the 4 teams had 1 loss. We are still in the running for everything.
We are. The ONLY thing the Cards can control is destroying the next opponent on the schedule one game at a time. If we can destroy all the teams left on the schedule, then I like our chances to finish in the top 4.

One game at a time and hang 50+ on every single team. It wouldn't hurt to score 60+ or even 70+ AND shut out the opponent. Lamar Jackson needs to stay hot (and healthy), and the defense needs to do their part too.

We are. The ONLY thing the Cards can control is destroying the next opponent on the schedule one game at a time. If we can destroy all the teams left on the schedule, then I like our chances to finish in the top 4.

One game at a time and hang 50+ on every single team. It wouldn't hurt to score 60+ or even 70+ AND shut out the opponent. Lamar Jackson needs to stay hot (and healthy), and the defense needs to do their part too.

Exactly! Control what we can control and let the chips fall where they may.

Our BIG problem will come from the BIG and SEC...I don't see Alabama, aTm, Michigan or tOSU losing more than one game...In the end, they could get a second team in the playoffs!!!

And, what if Clemson goes 12-0 and loses to a 11-1 Miami or Virginia Tech...If that happens, The Cards are NOT getting a spot in the Playoffs, or the Orange Bowl...Clemson would get the Orange Bowl...We may still get a NY6 Bowl Selection...Catton Bowl...Not Bad...BUT...Oh So CLOSE!!!

:mad:

Last edited:
We are only about halfway through the season, and teams have to go out on the road in-conference. Some teams are going to get exposed, and there are going to be surprises.

I think there is zero chance we will get to the end of the season where the scenario is Alabama, Clemson, Washington and winner of OSU-Michigan.

It may look like that today but this sport is crazy. Half or more of those teams could wash out, next week. You just never know. Just ask Houston.

It's one of the things I love about college football, the unpredictability.

We just need to make sure we're not one of the surprised teams, and I think things will work out for us. I really do.

I was calling out the head-to-head versus Texas A&M specifically.

Not lamenting "mean polls."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT