ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone want to argue about Bolin some more

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP reflects support for Bolin only and does not show any negative commentary about any player.
Perhaps that one didn't. But there's no question what motivates some of these people. Started with their conspiracy theories and who was out to get Bolin in their minds. It's a long list including posters in this space.

Did anyone hear? Was McGee fired or demoted?...

Perhaps that one didn't. But there's no question what motivates some of these people. Started with their conspiracy theories and who was out to get Bolin in their minds. It's a long list including posters in this space.

Did anyone hear? Was McGee fired or demoted?...
Maybe they don't recognize themselves and I see a few miss the point, they are all our kids. On national signing day they CHOSE to come here over other schools and most of us were happy they did.

6 months later to be railing against one kid over another is totally senseless to me.

CardDan - disregard this Wordless fool. He is the same person who implied that fans who preferred Kyle playing over Lamar did so because they were bigoted. Thankfully the mods pulled down that post.

Some folks just don't know football enough to realize ways the QB can support the o-line in ways other than being fast.
Name calling,so original. Is this your defense mechanism against everyone who disagrees with you or who's opinion you don't like? I'm praying for you.

Name calling,so original. Is this your defense mechanism against everyone who disagrees with you or who's opinion you don't like? I'm praying for you.

Thats a better mechanism that making foolish conclusions about people based on who they think we would a more effective QB. At least my conclusion was rooted in your ridiculousness. Anyways, pray for yourself. The mods should have banned you in addition to pulling your foolish and devisive post.

The OP reflects support for Bolin only and does not show any negative commentary about any player.

Thank you. I never once disparaged LJ. He is super talented and is the future. I have consistently provided reasons why I thought the offense could have more success NOW because of KB. Those reasons were proven true at least for one game.

Reactions: Cue Card
The best thing about a Petrino ran program is daily competition, especially on offense. Fans get worked up about this or that player starting when it really is up to the player to earn their spot each week. It is a tremendous tool if the coaches are consistent. He isn't afraid to sit anyone see Radcliff, Savage, Peete, and others. The players have to learn how to truly compete at this level, it isn't easy.

It looks like Bolin earned the spot in practice. Good lesson for Jackson, how much work is he ready to put in learning Petrino's system?

If you can't take a snap from under center and effectively hand the ball off you aren't a QB. You're a running back in the quarterback position. Case closed.

I think Jackson is a potentially very good QB. He's elusive, has a strong arm and is extremely fast. I think he still needs time to adapt to the college game but in the meantime, Bolin has shown (me at least) that he's better prepared. He seems like he is a bit more patient spotting receivers and for whatever reason, the offense is just much more efficient. I think you have to go with Bolin to start right now, get Jackson into the game at QB maybe as the game settles down, and hopefully we get a lead. I think Bolin getting more PT gives the Cards a better chance to win, at least for now.

Reactions: Mayoman
Seems like the offense ran a little better. And for some reason we were able to run the ball.

I like Bolin's trajectory.

I am done trying to figure this team out, lol. I liked Bolin coming in, but after seeing how electric Jackson was I was fine with going with him. All I wanted was to settle on a QB and get some chemistry. I missed the game on Saturday (was traveling) but sounds like I missed a great performance. I hope this continues and the QB circus is over.

I believe Jackson is still knicked up by his ankle sprain and cannot run as effectively as he could before the injury. Bolin was the obvious choice to start under those conditions.

I would say that you are off the mark. Bolin will be the starter for the remainder of the season. Lamar's ankle has nothing to do with it at this point.

Reactions: CardsDan
Another interesting point is that Bolin, a RS sophomore, has a year less eligibility than LJ. So this may increase the chances that the commitments from Pass & Oden (one or both) hold. It sounds like Pass is a lock regardless, but this can't hurt.

Nobody's "hating" on anybody.My opinion was that the sample size given to Bolin was not large enough.And for having a different opinion,some of those "haters" were chastised on this board.

Good post.

It's especially hilarious, to listen to the media "talking heads" stepping all over themselves today, as they try to give Kyle a LITTLE credit, while continuing to prop up their previous arguments for Reggie then Lamar.

It's sickening when they point to the Syracuse defense.... how about that defensive powerhouse SAMFORD ??? Yet, it was that waste of a game, that solidified their arguments for the freshman.

NOW, they have started beating the drum for NEXT year's QB prospects. Laughable and insulting.

It's insulting to the courageous effort Kyle has given, and continues to give this football team.

A lot more praise should be afforded to this kid. He is a QUARTERBACK.

No hate, just frustration.

Yep Earsky is the top poster, or at worst on of the top 3 posters on the board. So if he says something, it's on the $.

It's insulting to the courageous effort Kyle has given, and continues to give this football team.

So true. What's that song, "Don't know whatcha got, till it's gone"

I mean we love all these guys obviously, but for whatever reason Kyle has always been I dunno, an afterthought? Strange.

And then people around here have the audacity to entertain the thought of playing him, and a couple posters turn the concept into a war. Then like, 48 hours later the HC promotes him to starter.

So he just moves the team up and down the field all day makes one bad throw has a couple receivers drop balls that hit them in the hands and we come to the board for follow-up and there is somehow still friction.

So, there's that huh?

I guess we all read something different. I just listened to the CBP post game news conference and it was pretty interesting. After listening to him it sounds like he has been changing his offensive philosophy and run a different system.
I guess it has to do with the move to the ACC, but why change an offensive system that was so dynamic. He also said the offensive line is more productive with Bolin at quarterback. I kind of wonder where we would be if Kyle would have been the starter from day one. I guess we will find out when we play Pitt, I do think the Panthers are our biggest challenge left.
I think we would be 8-1 (he was the starter against Clemson and can't change that), but I've honestly felt all year that was all we needed; a quarterback, not a warmed over slot receiver, with a big arm.

The above poster just mentioned Kyle viewed as an afterthought. To get closer to the mark, Bolin emerged at the same time as Bonnafon. There is your answer. Coaches wanted to move a mountain to go with Bonnafon and a mobIle.quarterback approach. That is what started the whole thing.

I personally want Kyle. I think he can do the things Bobby traditionally loves to do with his offenses. Lamar might be our future but Kyle gives us the best chance to win now.

There are too many fanboys posing as expert analysts in this media. They want Kyle to fail to help their credibility since they pushed Reggie as a star all spring and summer and now Lamar. You will never get an honest appraisal from them because they are so scared of losing access to coaches.

If you can't take a snap from under center and effectively hand the ball off you aren't a QB. You're a running back in the quarterback position. Case closed.
Might want to ask TCU coach Gary Patterson about a guy named Trevone Boykin. Boykin had the same issues under center his freshman year and had the virtually the same stats that year as Lamar playing behind a better offensive line.

Boykin might be the best QB in the nation now. Glad we have Bolin but good Lord, let's understand Lamar is a true freshman thrown into the fire doing things he's never been asked to do.

Reactions: zipp
Might want to ask TCU coach Gary Patterson about a guy named Trevone Boykin. Boykin had the same issues under center his freshman year and had the virtually the same stats that year as Lamar playing behind a better offensive line.

Boykin might be the best QB in the nation now. Glad we have Bolin but good Lord, let's understand Lamar is a true freshman thrown into the fire doing things he's never been asked to do.

That's been the source of frustration for many fans. Lamar has been forced when there was a more polished QB that could have been playing. If you want to say that TCU fans were okay with losing until Boykin got his ish together and UofL fans are the same, I guess I'm dubious.

That's been the source of frustration for many fans. Lamar has been forced when there was a more polished QB that could have been playing. If you want to say that TCU fans were okay with losing until Boykin got his ish together and UofL fans are the same, I guess I'm dubious.
Count me as one who preferred growing with Lamar but you have to love how well KB played Saturday.

I imagine there were tons of TCU fans groaning watching Trevone Boykin play his freshman year after having the super efficient Andy Dalton there before him.

Count me as one who preferred growing with Lamar but you have to love how well KB played Saturday.

I imagine there were tons of TCU fans groaning watching Trevone Boykin play his freshman year after having the super efficient Andy Dalton there before him.

If you have been listening to Bobby's pc's the last few weeks he has talked repeatedly how important it is to establish the running game to the overall success of the offense and defense. One big exciting play by Lamar followed by several three and outs and a turnover isnt the consistency he wants. He said today he prefers a QB under center for the execution is better. The rb can see the whole better and hit them faster. It didnt sound like he was going to wait forever for Lamar to develop a skill that many QBs already have coming out of high school, and especially when he's already got one who is very good at it and can win games for him.

If you have been listening to Bobby's pc's the last few weeks he has talked repeatedly how important it is to establish the running game to the overall success of the offense and defense. One big exciting play by Lamar followed by several three and outs and a turnover isnt the consistency he wants. He said today he prefers a QB under center for the execution is better. The rb can see the whole better and hit them faster. It didnt sound like he was going to wait forever for Lamar to develop a skill that many QBs already have coming out of high school, and especially when he's already got one who is very good at it and can win games for him.
I give BP a lot of credit for keeping all options open, that's what good coaches do. While the handoffs have been more crisp with Bolin under center let's face it, the big reason for the change was accuracy by Bolin and his ability to read where the pressure is coming from and get the ball out to his first or 2nd read while they are open. Not to mention to be able to check out of a bad play.

Syracuse's defense was just what the doctor ordered for our running game. I'm happy with KB finishing out this season and hopefully Lamar with more time in this offense can be the man next year. I think you are going to see his ridiculous potential realized then along with an improved offensive line.

Last edited:
Reactions: tkdcoach
For those who say that CBP's offensive philosophy has changed, it's interesting to note that Coach Petrino, himself, offered a scholarship to Tanner Morgan - (Jr 2017) Ryle HS (Pro-Style QB) last May.

Morgan threw for over 2000 yds his sophomore season. He has thrown for 2500 yds and 19 TDs this season.

Ryle plays Simon Kenton this Friday, in the KHSAA 6-A playoffs.

There are too many fanboys posing as expert analysts in this media. They want Kyle to fail to help their credibility since they pushed Reggie as a star all spring and summer and now Lamar. You will never get an honest appraisal from them because they are so scared of losing access to coaches.
This is 100% correct. Ennis... an idiot. The dudes on "The Zone" are Twilight Zone and not worth listening, not even good for reruns, pass. Demling... a rah-rah guy. Ramsey and Rutherford, hesitant but slowly coming around. Sullivan, Bozich, both need to retire. Howie - whenever I listen to him on radio he is very good, introspective, and open to the "what if" type of conversation - so my hat is off to him. Not sure where he is from but it obviously isn't Trinity H.S.

Said Bolin's relative.

If you can't speak objectively on this subject, you're just wasting bandwidth.

Case closed...

I would say that you are off the mark. Bolin will be the starter for the remainder of the season. Lamar's ankle has nothing to do with it at this point.
When Jackson is 100%, Bolin will need to keep the job. Nothing is gift wrapped.

I would expect Jackson to get PT anyway as opportunities present themselves, 2nd quarter or whenever Petrino decides. Will make each QB more effective...

Nobody's "hating" on anybody.My opinion was that the sample size given to Bolin was not large enough.And for having a different opinion,some of those "haters" were chastised on this board.
You may not have been hating. But all we saw the last few weeks from a handful of Bolin fans were conspiracy theories. I'm likely missing a few, but IIRC...

Petrino's not calling the plays.

McGee brought the read-option from UAB and had some type of mysterious side deal that Petrino would have to switch offenses and let McGee run it.

Obviously, McGee didn't like Bolin for that crap to hang together.

And of course, the O-line was letting Bolin down, receivers dropped passes, the Clemson game was an unfair test, blah blah blah.

Nothing in there about Bolin not beating out the competition. It was all a big conspiracy to keep him off the field. And all of the characters in that Greek tragedy were the target of the haters.

Now that he's cracked the line-up, presumably, all is forgotten. Nothing but love and utopia everywhere. Were it not for guys with good memories keeping score...

...It's sickening when they point to the Syracuse defense.... how about that defensive powerhouse SAMFORD ??? Yet, it was that waste of a game, that solidified their arguments for the freshman...
Taking Samford out of the analysis doesn't diminish Jackson's stats. In fact, take out the TWO games against the worst defenses--Auburn and Samford--and Jackson's numbers IMPROVE.

Bolin has clearly been the QB most affected by the strength of the defenses he has faced. You wanna see the stats? My guess is Petrino already knows that. That's why Jackson was playing ahead of him...

Reactions: tkdcoach
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT