ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone want to argue about Bolin some more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Seems like the offense ran a little better. And for some reason we were able to run the ball.

I like Bolin's trajectory.

Someone please explain why it seemed our Oline was able to block today? I know SOS... Syracuse sucks...
Easy. Bolin is a true QB not just an athlete. When the Oline knows what the QB is going to do they can settle in and play your role and not worry about a pinball bouncing around the backfield like a richoeted bullet. Biggest deal is passing setting up the run. Fear the pass, lines open up and plays are made. D is off balance fearing one getting the other.

JCM,

Where were you when we had all the discussions about LJ and KB. Up till now everyone except Beasley and a few didn't think it mattered who was QB. It is all about how bad our OL is. They didn't look terrible today.

Reactions: beasleythecard
JCM,

Where were you when we had all the discussions about LJ and KB. Up till now everyone except Beasley and a few didn't think it mattered who was QB. It is all about how bad our OL is. They didn't look terrible today.

Working too much lol. Just mostly like to read than post unless I feel strongly about a subject then I feel inclined to add to the topic of conversation. Other than his pic and our continual obsession with shooting ourselves in the foot with costly fumbles, we played really well and it was a about time and really great to watch.

I always thought Bolin should be the quarterback. He sold me last year with his performance against sUcK, he was passing the ball all over the field to multiple receivers. He had a great performance today against a good defense.
Syracuse has struggled this year but it was because of their offense not their defense. I read yesterday that the Syracuse defense was ranked 25th nationally.

Hopefully O line is getting better and not just Syracuse that bad but I must admit that I thought jackson was best option. Having second thoughts now mainly because Bobbys offense doesn't work with DT QB. It has to be Bolin from here on out and if Petrino is going to a read option offense it must be in the off season. I really don't see that happening.But what happens when Pass gets here? Do we try to make these guys drop back passers? Wow this should be interesting.

Reactions: beasleythecard
I guess we all read something different. I just listened to the CBP post game news conference and it was pretty interesting. After listening to him it sounds like he has been changing his offensive philosophy and run a different system.
I guess it has to do with the move to the ACC, but why change an offensive system that was so dynamic. He also said the offensive line is more productive with Bolin at quarterback. I kind of wonder where we would be if Kyle would have been the starter from day one. I guess we will find out when we play Pitt, I do think the Panthers are our biggest challenge left.

I think if Bolin had been the QB the record would be about the same but I do think he is the best option going forward. Maybe they will use Jackson like they used Brohm his freshman year.

Reactions: 65bird
While everyone can agree that Kyle played an excellent game today (he always plays well when given a chance) let's remember that was against Syracuse's 105th ranked pass defense and 85th ranked defense overall.

Just glad we kicked some butt and got to 5-4 no matter who played QB

While everyone can agree that Kyle played an excellent game today (he always plays well when given a chance) let's remember that was against Syracuse's 105th ranked pass defense and 85th ranked defense overall.

Just glad we kicked some butt and got to 5-4 no matter who played QB

I really don't understand the thinking to move Reggie and Lamar to wide receiver. Some of you need to give up the 1950's mindset. These kids are recruited as QB's and they fully come here expecting to play that position. Lamar was a "real" QB in high school.

Speaking as a true fan of the Cardinals, I'm glad we won today and glad we had a great showing on both sides of the ball, also happy Kyle had a good game but overlooking the OL blocking better and the defense playing lights out is a gross omission of a good team win.

Lamar served us well in the victories we have up to date. There is no way Kyle could have survived the bad line play early on. It could be that Bobby finally figured that the line is blocking well enough for him to install more of his conventional offense.

Finally I hope some of you find it in your heart to cheer for all our kids because with possibly Pass and Odin coming in, things won't get any

better for some of you

You read wrong. Syracuse defense was ranked #78 before today's game.
The Cuse defense will be around 100 (Total Defense) after this weekend's games are factored in. It's called "discovery". As far as ALL teams are concerned, the assumption is that they are who they are--we just discover how good/bad they are as games are played.

The same reason we now look at the Auburn game like we do--a missed opportunity because they are/were not that good.

And yes, SOS matters a lot. We knew before today that he can execute the offense very well against a team the quality of Syracuse. We didn't learn much about what he can do against better defenses....

Reactions: n4cer2ad
No... Wake forest was a bad team and we barely won by 1 and could have lost.
Wake has a much better defense than Syracuse. And our defense didn't set us up for 17 points against Wake that I recall...

The part of the postgame interview I heard sounded like Petrino was being purposefully vaugue about "why"? He said that he could tell midweek that Jackson wasn't going to be ready. Could be a carryover from the last game: "see it in his eyes" and "body language".

What that is coachspeak for is left to the imagination...

I really don't understand the thinking to move Reggie and Lamar to wide receiver. Some of you need to give up the 1950's mindset. These kids are recruited as QB's and they fully come here expecting to play that position. Lamar was a "real" QB in high school.

Speaking as a true fan of the Cardinals, I'm glad we won today and glad we had a great showing on both sides of the ball, also happy Kyle had a good game but overlooking the OL blocking better and the defense playing lights out is a gross omission of a good team win.

Lamar served us well in the victories we have up to date. There is no way Kyle could have survived the bad line play early on. It could be that Bobby finally figured that the line is blocking well enough for him to install more of his conventional offense.

Finally I hope some of you find it in your heart to cheer for all our kids because with possibly Pass and Odin coming in, things won't get any

better for some of you

This is the most bogus tired line in the history of the interwebs. Did you miss the part where Bobby said the oline plays better when Kyle is in there? You guys are working awfully hard at tearing down a great performance this week.

better for some of you

Dewayne White was a high school QB. Michael Bush was a HS QB. Marcus Smith was a HS QB.

Your argument is invalid.

This is the most bogus tired line in the history of the interwebs. Did you miss the part where Bobby said the oline plays better when Kyle is in there? You guys are working awfully hard at tearing down a great performance this week.

CardDan - disregard this Wordless fool. He is the same person who implied that fans who preferred Kyle playing over Lamar did so because they were bigoted. Thankfully the mods pulled down that post.

Some folks just don't know football enough to realize ways the QB can support the o-line in ways other than being fast.

Yes
We had two fumbles in Cuse territory including one on the 2 yard line. We gave Cuse the ball on another fumble right near their red zone. Cuse scored their last TD against a bunch of second teamers. Our offense racked up over 600 yards. Give it a rest.
Yes, zipp likes to ignore the obvious. Making his claim KNOWING we fumbled on the 2 yard line is just ignorant. Sad.

Seems like the offense ran a little better. And for some reason we were able to run the ball.

I like Bolin's trajectory.

I guess we all read something different. I just listened to the CBP post game news conference and it was pretty interesting. After listening to him it sounds like he has been changing his offensive philosophy and run a different system.
I guess it has to do with the move to the ACC, but why change an offensive system that was so dynamic. He also said the offensive line is more productive with Bolin at quarterback. I kind of wonder where we would be if Kyle would have been the starter from day one. I guess we will find out when we play Pitt, I do think the Panthers are our biggest challenge left.

I think a lot of my fellow Cards fans have selective memory based on some very weird player-specific boosterism on both sides - and in 2015 that has also included some very odd accusations about CBP being over the hill (I can handle that since $$millions$$) but a lot of odd criticism of coaches has gone down, too. Kyle Bolin is a great kid who always gives max effort and maintains a great attitude whether he's on field or not. The only thing I have against fan's advocating for individual players one way or another is when they start to behave like NFL fans and make a lot of negative remarks about players -- then it gets embarrassing for the fans I begin to pray that players aren't dumb enough to look at this old forum and that forum posters aren't on Twitter (haven't looked, not going to) -- passionate fans are awesome up to a point and we got 'em - these kids are college students not pros and they don't deserve to be criticized or booed like pros - as always JMO. Beat Virginia.

I believe Jackson is still knicked up by his ankle sprain and cannot run as effectively as he could before the injury. Bolin was the obvious choice to start under those conditions.
Exactly all this arguing is pointless. Our qb was hurt last year Bolin came in and did a great job against UK. Our QB was hurt today and Bolin came in and did a great job. Jackson would have tore this defense up if healthy Saturday but his ankle is still and issue. Bolin had his chances earlier this year what were the results. We still have no running game dont let a bad Syracuse defense fool you on the results.

I think a lot of my fellow Cards fans have selective memory based on some very weird player-specific boosterism on both sides - and in 2015 that has also included some very odd accusations about CBP being over the hill (I can handle that since $$millions$$) but a lot of odd criticism of coaches has gone down, too. Kyle Bolin is a great kid who always gives max effort and maintains a great attitude whether he's on field or not. The only thing I have against fan's advocating for individual players one way or another is when they start to behave like NFL fans and make a lot of negative remarks about players -- then it gets embarrassing for the fans I begin to pray that players aren't dumb enough to look at this old forum and that forum posters aren't on Twitter (haven't looked, not going to) -- passionate fans are awesome up to a point and we got 'em - these kids are college students not pros and they don't deserve to be criticized or booed like pros - as always JMO. Beat Virginia.
Good post. In the end we are all Cards fans and should be happy with a performance like yesterday's.

...The only thing I have against fan's advocating for individual players one way or another is when they start to behave like NFL fans and make a lot of negative remarks about players -- then it gets embarrassing for the fans...
Great perspective which I share.

That's the part of this debate that has energized me. Bolin's biggest fans have tended to be haters as well. They'll hate on Jackson and other players, and they'll hate on anyone who differs with their POVs.

And I love debating a hater.

"De-hating." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT