ADVERTISEMENT

Angel wants to help Caitlin Clark

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
The former Cardinals great said she would like to play for the Fever so she could protect Clark on the court. What an awesome gesture. Angel is the best.

Clark was just snubbed from the Olympic team as the idiocy and hatred from the dipshits of women's basketball continues. We are living in ass backwards times.

Reactions: 2330859
Been watching a lot of WNBA this year (because of Caitlin Clark - I can readily admit). She’s a good young player, but only borderline as far as being one of the 12 best players in the US at this point. I’d have loved to have seen her on this team, but I can’t really be outraged that she didn’t get selected.

Perhaps, as her coach on the Fever stated, this will light a fire under her butt the rest of this WNBA season. She’s better than what she’s shown so far.

Been watching a lot of WNBA this year (because of Caitlin Clark - I can readily admit). She’s a good young player, but only borderline as far as being one of the 12 best players in the US at this point. I’d have loved to have seen her on this team, but I can’t really be outraged that she didn’t get selected.

Perhaps, as her coach on the Fever stated, this will light a fire under her butt the rest of this WNBA season. She’s better than what she’s shown so far.
Normally, what you said would probably be correct. If Clark didn't make the team because there were 12 better players than her, that would make sense. As you should know however, this 12 woman team is not the 12 best American players in the WNBA.

She wasn't selected despite the draw she brings with the fans and the hype her presence would give the Olympic games for women's basketball, because of the apparent racism and jealously of many in the WNBA and the cowardice of those picking the Olympic team.

She's better than what she's shown so far? Her numbers after her first 15 games are better than any other rookie in WNBA history. She goes into every game having to worry about what may happen to her. If she celebrates too much it could cause an incident. The woman is not dumb. She's knows what's going on.

Every single metric proves that she should have been selected. The energy and enthusiasm her game brings is Olympic games worthy and if it wasn't for the petty attitudes of her peers she would be a fan favorite at the games.

It's an outrage because she is one of the best 12 American players and everyone knows it even if they don't want to admit it.

Don't be surprised during these games if the US team loses a game or even doesn't make the gold metal game. They all believe they're unbeatable because they have won seven straight gold metals. But karma can be... well you know.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
The US Olympic Women’s team will lose eventually. Could even happen this year.

I don’t pay a great deal of attention to metrics, except for the fact that her team is 3-9, and in all of the Fever games I’ve watched, she’s turned the ball over a lot.

She’s also struggling to guard anyone on defense. She might be one of the better rookies in WNBA history “metrically”, and she is very much a blast to watch with the deep three point range she has. Fever games have been must watch so far this year for both me and my wife. I just haven’t seen where she’s clearly one of the top 20 US Women’s basketball players at this point - let alone one of the top 12.

It is subjective on how good she is or if she's a top 12 player, but there's no doubt she's the biggest draw in women's basketball. The excitement she brings is undeniable and everyone knows a spot on the Olympic team is not going to hurt the chances to win the Gold.

If it weren't for the shenanigans from her fellow WNBA players, this decision wouldn't have been met with such contempt, and it wouldn't have been a major story.

She's a major boost for women's basketball and for team USA to deny the obvious advantage she would give the team because of pettiness and jealousy is doing the opposite.

This is nothing like men's basketball and the Christian Laettner example and those who bring that up are being disingenuous. She now has to wait four years to be a Olympic athlete and hopefully she won't be snubbed again because of who she is.

I like the fact that she is putting up with a lot of crap and always takes the high road. She is being bullied and having to put up with racist remarks. I have been watching women’s college basketball for years and really enjoy it. I just started watching the WNBA and the racism inside their league is really a turn-off and I don’t think I’ll continue watching it.

I didn’t watch any of the Olympics 4 years ago because the athletes got to political. Unfortunately it looks like the committee that selected this team is already political and it is disappointing. If they continue with the politics I won’t be watching it this time either. It’s funny that Clark wasn’t good enough to make this team but players in their 40’s are on the team. These players said the Olympics 4 years ago would be their last because of their age and here they are. I hope Grinder can leave her drugs and politics at home and not embarrass the team.

What's ironic is some of these players have the privileged attitude they associate Clark as having. The veteran players should want to see the younger players, especially the better ones, to experience the Olympic games. Yet, their own self worth and inability to think for themselves, has them selfishly denying not just Clark but others as well.

Not all WNBA players are treating Clark with disrespect. Angel is one of them who respect her. Most retired players don't like how she's being treated either.

The women who picked the Olympic roster however don't feel that way and are dipshits.

The US Olympic Women’s team will lose eventually. Could even happen this year.

I don’t pay a great deal of attention to metrics, except for the fact that her team is 3-9, and in all of the Fever games I’ve watched, she’s turned the ball over a lot.

She’s also struggling to guard anyone on defense. She might be one of the better rookies in WNBA history “metrically”, and she is very much a blast to watch with the deep three point range she has. Fever games have been must watch so far this year for both me and my wife. I just haven’t seen where she’s clearly one of the top 20 US Women’s basketball players at this point - let alone one of the top 12.
You have a change of mind yet?

She's the fastest player in WNBA history to score 200 points with 75 assists and 75 rebounds. Now how is she not currently one of the best 12 players?

The notion she isn't is absurd.

I saw how Reese responded to her teammate intentionally having committed that first flagrant foul on Clark, only to follow up later with her own intentional hard foul on Clark.

The WNBA needs to take punitive action before the retaliation or serious injury occurs.

I was just starting to watch the WNBA but with bullying going on and the racial slurs I have lost interest and won’t be waisting my time to watch it.

You have a change of mind yet?

She's the fastest player in WNBA history to score 200 points with 75 assists and 75 rebounds. Now how is she not currently one of the best 12 players?

The notion she isn't is absurd.

“Fastest to X, Y and Z” only talks to her status against other young pro players. I completely agree that she has the potential to become one of the very best pro players in the US., but she is not one of the best 12 currently. If the cutoff were 20, she’d already be there, but it’s not.

Her defense is mediocre (that’s being generous), and she still commits way too many turnovers (29 in her last 5 games).

I’d love to see her on the Olympic team, but anybody attempting to claim some kind of bias that she was not selected has a bias of their own.

Her team is playing much better after a very rough start, which is encouraging to see.

“Fastest to X, Y and Z” only talks to her status against other young pro players. I completely agree that she has the potential to become one of the very best pro players in the US., but she is not one of the best 12 currently. If the cutoff were 20, she’d already be there, but it’s not.

Her defense is mediocre (that’s being generous), and she still commits way too many turnovers (29 in her last 5 games).

I’d love to see her on the Olympic team, but anybody attempting to claim some kind of bias that she was not selected has a bias of their own.

Her team is playing much better after a very rough start, which is encouraging to see.
She also missed the trails due to Iowa being in the FF. She’ll have her chance.

Reactions: PushupMan

The bias is real. It's obvious. Doesn't matter if she's top 12 or not.

I just respectfully disagree with you on both accounts.

Who ever is commissioner of the WNBA needs to step down and they need someone who is more promotional
oriented. The WNBA has been struggling on attendance and they are trying to become mainstream. But their politics and their refusal to clean up their act is hurting their image.
Their treatment of Caitlin Clarke and the racial slurs are ignored even though she is the reason the WNBA attendance is up. Games Clarke is playing in are selling out and those are the only WNBA games I will watch.

The bias is real. It's obvious. Doesn't matter if she's top 12 or not.

I just respectfully disagree with you on both accounts.

I’ll just as respectfully disagree…. If she’s not one of the 12 best players, then she shouldn’t be selected for the team ahead of any of the 12 best players. That would be a clear example of the bias (in the reverse direction) you’re stating is obvious.

Reactions: Mayoman
so selection should be based on who's popular and not who is good? and yet somehow the women's always win gold by goign with teh best players and not the most popular ones. the absolute small mindedness of anyone thinking just because she had a great college career means she knows anything about international bball is just too funny and makes me sad we live in a world of dolts and morons. there are usually never rookies on an int'l team. it was embarrassing when the men's team put leattner on the dream team for the same reason, he was the best in college but couldn't handle anyone on the team from the nba, he just sat and watched. she'd get little playing time. she turns the ball over way too much and pretty sure the women have been dominate and the selection process has worked every year they've won gold, so absolutely no reason for her to be there. jsut fffing stupid

Clarke has been playing international ball for 4 years now. She was on the same team that won the gold medal that Coach Jeff Walz coached. Since there is no training camp where the players go up against each other I guess you could say the players that made the team made it because of politics.

We’ll see how well the 40 year olds do in the Olympics. How come there is no trial for basketball or did I miss it.

There were trials, but Clark could not attend because she was at the NCAA final four.

Big fan of Clark, and I enjoy watching her play, I’ve watched 20x as much WNBA this year than all previous seasons combined because of her.

16 points and 7 assists Friday, but still 7 turnovers. If she can cut those down to 3 or fewer per game, she will truly be one of the 10 best players in the WNBA.

Last edited:
Here the reason I don’t understand the mindset of the WNBA. They have been struggling to get the attention they think they deserve. Clarke is giving the league that attention and everywhere she plays the game is a sellout. The turnoff is how they are treating her and not calling out the slurs and the bullying.
The more publicity they get the more TV coverage they will get. The more coverage they get the more money they will make. It is a win win for the league and the players. By the way Clarke just tied the record for the 3rd fastest players to reach assist she tied Sue Bird.

I’ll just as respectfully disagree…. If she’s not one of the 12 best players, then she shouldn’t be selected for the team ahead of any of the 12 best players. That would be a clear example of the bias (in the reverse direction) you’re stating is obvious.
Well, I don't think this US Women’s basketball Olympic team consists of the 12 best players in the WNBA. I don't think that's ever been the case and with the men as well. It's never been the best 12 players who are eligible to play for the United States.

With the Women’s team It's not even necessary to pick the best 12 players. What if 8 of the best players are guards for example?

The bias against Clark is as obvious as it was to say Kenny Payne can't coach. People can clearly see and hear with their own eyes and ears the bias against Clark. Some of it is racial and some of it is out of envy and some of it is just plain resentment.

I can make several different examples of how a rookie should and would have made the US Olympic team. Would LeBron or Kobe been left off as rookies?

Clark is to the Women’s game as those guys were to the men's game. Clark is a shooting guard who plays the game aggressively so she's going to risk turnovers to make the play. She's already being double teamed and shaded by defenders before the Fever even throw the ball in.

She's being defended like she's a top 12 player.

I just don't understand how anyone, especially those who state they watch her games, could ever say she shouldn't have been picked for the Olympic team. And that's not even considering the amount of fans she has brought to the Women’s game. The excitement she brings.

quite simply Angel Reese deserves to be on the team way more than clark does, she scores and rebounds and jsut set the women's consecutive double-double record. so to me i'd take her 10x over clark. she's a battler and an inside presence, not someone jacking up three from 35' without running any offense or having 10 turnovers in a game.

but most importantly, who you taking off this team to be replaced by younger and less experienced clark?
she'd also be the youngest on the team by 4 years and has no experience.

"The team includes seven players from the group that won gold in Tokyo — the seventh straight for the Americans...
Besides the returners, the Americans also added 5-on-5 newcomers Kelsey Plum and Jackie Young, who helped the U.S. win the inaugural 3x3 gold medal at the Tokyo Games in 2021. Several first-time Olympians will join the team with Alyssa Thomas, Sabrina Ionescu and Kahleah Copper. All three played on the American team that won the World Cup in Australia in 2022."

First I would leave all the 40 year olds off the roster. Half of those players I never heard of. If you want to leave Clarke off the team because she shoots 3 pointers then leave Bird and Taurasi off the team as well. I’m all for putting Reese on as long as you take Griner off.

quite simply Angel Reese deserves to be on the team way more than clark does, she scores and rebounds and jsut set the women's consecutive double-double record. so to me i'd take her 10x over clark. she's a battler and an inside presence, not someone jacking up three from 35' without running any offense or having 10 turnovers in a game.

but most importantly, who you taking off this team to be replaced by younger and less experienced clark?
she'd also be the youngest on the team by 4 years and has no experience.

"The team includes seven players from the group that won gold in Tokyo — the seventh straight for the Americans...
Besides the returners, the Americans also added 5-on-5 newcomers Kelsey Plum and Jackie Young, who helped the U.S. win the inaugural 3x3 gold medal at the Tokyo Games in 2021. Several first-time Olympians will join the team with Alyssa Thomas, Sabrina Ionescu and Kahleah Copper. All three played on the American team that won the World Cup in Australia in 2022."

Dude, Clark averages over 5 rebounds and assists. She's much more than a 3 point shooter and you know it. You can still believe others are better than her, after all it's all opinion, but to degrade Clark's talent to do it is pretty lame.

It's not easy what Clark is doing as a rookie with virtually the entire league trying to downplay her ability. It's totally ridiculous and dumb what the WNBA is allowing. I've never seen anything quite like it.

As stated earlier. Clark in all of WNBA history, has achieved 200 points, 75 rebounds and 75 assists sooner than any other player. I mean, what the hell? That is something I as a fan would consider pretty damn awesome. If a former Cardinal did that I would be very proud.

And the Fever are starting to win more and the controversy will still exist as Clark ends up having MVP stats when post season starts. But I can see her not even winning the rookie of the year award. That's where we're at in today's society.

Stephen A. Smith said that “Caitlin Clarke is the golden goose and Angel Reese has learned how to utilize her presence “. Which has pissed off Reese which I think
Is hilarious. I give props to to people like Smith, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley and others who are standing in Clarke’s corner and speaking out.

It’s not about who was selected; but this is all about who was left off. The US has dominated the World in WBB as a result of other countries have significantly less interest and investment in the sport. That is slowly changing, and over time, international competition will increase.

Clarke deserved to be included, as she is the one 3 point shooter who could turnaround a deficit late in a contest if ever needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT