ADVERTISEMENT

All You Need to Know About LPT

Red Rager

One-Star Poster
Sep 11, 2015
I linked to a BlewBoy forum listed in another thread here. For kicks and grins I went to their threads list, and saw this thread title:

"Still 2-3 Years Away"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Wash, rinse, repeat for LPT.

Edit: One response in this thread, in its entirety: "Weve been 2 or 3 years a way for 30 years." With misspellings left in, since I quoted.

I linked to a BlewBoy forum listed in another thread here. For kicks and grins I went to their threads list, and saw this thread title:

"Still 2-3 Years Away"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Wash, rinse, repeat for LPT.

Edit: One response in this thread, in its entirety: "Weve been 2 or 3 years a way for 30 years." With misspellings left in, since I quoted.
At least one of them knows the real deal. ;)

Just wait OP....it will get better. Pretty soon we'll hear about how bad our schedule is, how close the talent is between us and them, and how it took miraculous comebacks for us to beat them the last two years.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
You would think that the LPT fans would understand that we were just disinterested in playing a team like them. I mean they really should not be on the same field as us AND I am sure the players feel a bit sorry for the LPT players as they knock them around and beat them up...
:D

We are their Super Bowl.

Just not true. Half our schedule is better than UL year in and year out. And two other teams have just as much talent if not more. UL has been on a good run. enjoy the winning streak while it lasts

Just not true. Half our schedule is better than UL year in and year out. And two other teams have just as much talent if not more. UL has been on a good run. enjoy the winning streak while it lasts
When your school feels froggy, are you gonna try WKU again? EKU should've beaten you felines....

Reactions: American Male
Should certainly last as long as it's Petrino vs. stupes.

Perhaps you should "wait" until the week before the game this up coming season to make your proclaimations. I think you'll learn something about "real" football teams. And after the game is over please come back and make those same comments. And I'll up that to a double dog dare. Your delusion is only surpassed by your ignorance.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Perhaps you should "wait" until the week before the game this up coming season to make your proclaimations. I think you'll learn something about "real" football teams. And after the game is over please come back and make those same comments. And I'll up that to a double dog dare. Your delusion is only surpassed by your ignorance.

Not sure what's even close to delusional about what I said. It's just a fact that year in and year out Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, and this year's cross conference game for UK, Alabama are usually better than UL. I'd also put Mississippi State in that group since Mullens took over there. That's 5 teams on UK's schedule that are typically better than UL. Who lost 5 games each of the last two years I believe in a very top heavy ACC.

I'd add Missouri and South Carolina(although both down last year ) as teams that are typically every bit as good as UL.

You have our number of late, but if you deny the logic of the above, then you are wearing your red tinted glasses

Florida huh? That's rich. Oh wait I forgot that they were "disinterested." See we compete with good teams, you don't. You roll over and play dead unless it's New Mexico St. or Directional State (oops I forgot WKU and nearly EKU). We don't. We aren't you. You're clearly the 3rd and neatly the 4th best team in this state. Now go away and spew that crap where it won't be laughed at like you are here.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 'good' run. You mean since 1990 and the run of bowl games and successful seasons? Yep, we had three stinkers under a poorly- equipped coaching staff. Other than that our FB program has been consistently good since that 1990 mark. Your SB...yes we are. Just like in BB. Beating UofL is what so many of your fanbase lives for. You could be 1-10 as long as the one was against the Cards. Too many UK fans are vested in putting UofL down, or finding ways to minimize what our successes are versus focusing on yourselves. That seems to be very hard for the vast majority of BBN.

Not sure what's even close to delusional about what I said. It's just a fact that year in and year out Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, and this year's cross conference game for UK, Alabama are usually better than UL. I'd also put Mississippi State in that group since Mullens took over there. That's 5 teams on UK's schedule that are typically better than UL. Who lost 5 games each of the last two years I believe in a very top heavy ACC.

I'd add Missouri and South Carolina(although both down last year ) as teams that are typically every bit as good as UL.

You have our number of late, but if you deny the logic of the above, then you are wearing your red tinted glasses

I would not overly disagree with this statement (MSU...eh). That doesn't have any affect on how your fanbase views the game. Dos the matter if we have a great team or an middle of the road team - beating big city Louisville is the Golden Fleece.

[QUOTE="

LPT Football: We understand supply and demand even if we don't know a lick about football...[/QUOTE]

That comment is pure flippin GOLD!

Reactions: Wordless65
You guys do know that this year they actually "look like an SEC team." Gee we haven't heard that one before. Right up there with "bigger, faster, stronger." (Another slogan they're also hilariously trotting out after being made fun of for years)

I would not overly disagree with this statement (MSU...eh). That doesn't have any affect on how your fanbase views the game. Dos the matter if we have a great team or an middle of the road team - beating big city Louisville is the Golden Fleece.

UL has had a very solid football program since the 90's. How much of that has been due to solid coaches and players and how much due to mediocre conferences...up for debate. Surely a bit of both. That said, Petrino has you on the right track and an ACC affiliation so the future looks strong.
As far as UL being UK's superbowl for most of BBN...all i can do is speak to my personal feelings and experience with personal friends and fans on the UK message boards. Right now, the UL game holds a much higher level of importance because of the current losing streak and the fact that most UK fans very much dislike Petrino. But most fans i know, have historically liked to measure our ultimate success to wins in the SEC. Clearly the SEC wins have been few and far between for the better part of five decades. But the times we've been most excited as a program have come when we were beating good teams and competitive in almost every game in the SEC(2007 being the best example). Beating UL at least a good amount of the time is seen as a crucial next step up the ladder to going to bowls consistently and making the program competitive again in the SEC. Not to mention, the benefits beating UL would add to our recent dominance of recruiting Kentucky.
What i find a bit delusional is the mindset that UL is so historically dominant over UK. UL has won about 60% of the modern series games. Coming from a fanbase that has seen 30 straight loses to Florida and a 30 and 1 mark against UT, 60% hardly qualifies as crushing dominance to us. I can almost guarantee most UK fans would prefer a win over, UF, UT, BAMA or UGA over a win over UL. Just my two cents..

UL has had a very solid football program since the 90's. How much of that has been due to solid coaches and players and how much due to mediocre conferences...up for debate. Surely a bit of both. That said, Petrino has you on the right track and an ACC affiliation so the future looks strong.
As far as UL being UK's superbowl for most of BBN...all i can do is speak to my personal feelings and experience with personal friends and fans on the UK message boards. Right now, the UL game holds a much higher level of importance because of the current losing streak and the fact that most UK fans very much dislike Petrino. But most fans i know, have historically liked to measure our ultimate success to wins in the SEC. Clearly the SEC wins have been few and far between for the better part of five decades. But the times we've been most excited as a program have come when we were beating good teams and competitive in almost every game in the SEC(2007 being the best example). Beating UL at least a good amount of the time is seen as a crucial next step up the ladder to going to bowls consistently and making the program competitive again in the SEC. Not to mention, the benefits beating UL would add to our recent dominance of recruiting Kentucky.
What i find a bit delusional is the mindset that UL is so historically dominant over UK. UL has won about 60% of the modern series games. Coming from a fanbase that has seen 30 straight loses to Florida and a 30 and 1 mark against UT, 60% hardly qualifies as crushing dominance to us. I can almost guarantee most UK fans would prefer a win over, UF, UT, BAMA or UGA over a win over UL. Just my two cents..

One other thing i would absolutely give UL credit for is long ago deciding to make a serious investment in its football program. I think that paid major dividends over the last 10 years. Jurich was investing in facilities and salaries long before UK's admin pulled its head out of its rearend.

I would like to add a little data to this thread.

Since 1985, when Schnellenberger became Louisville's Head Coach, Louisville's record in 31 seasons (including the six horribly bad Cooper and Kragthorpe seasons) vs the SEC and UK is as follows:

Louisville is 14-8 vs Kentucky.

Louisville is 4-5 vs the Rest of the SEC.

Louisville Overall Record (all games) vs SEC is 18-13.

Based on that 31 years of results, Louisville has shown itself to be a vastly and consistently superior team to Kentucky.

During this same 31 year period, Louisville was 9-8 in Bowls, winning Bowl games against Alabama, Michigan State, BYU, Boise State, Wake Forest, Southern Miss, Florida, Miami (Fl), and Texas A&M.

During this same period, Louisville was overall 39-37 vs the Big East, and 23-16 vs the ACC.

One other thing i would absolutely give UL credit for is long ago deciding to make a serious investment in its football program. I think that paid major dividends over the last 10 years. Jurich was investing in facilities and salaries long before UK's admin pulled its head out of its rearend.

Quoting your own post are you?

I would like to add a little data to this thread.

Since 1985, when Schnellenberger became Louisville's Head Coach, Louisville's record in 31 seasons (including the six horribly bad Cooper and Kragthorpe seasons) vs the SEC and UK is as follows:

Louisville is 14-8 vs Kentucky.

Louisville is 4-5 vs the Rest of the SEC.

Louisville Overall Record (all games) vs SEC is 18-13.

Based on that 31 years of results, Louisville has shown itself to be a vastly and consistently superior team to Kentucky.

During this same 31 year period, Louisville was 9-8 in Bowls, winning Bowl games against Alabama, Michigan State, BYU, Boise State, Wake Forest, Southern Miss, Florida, Miami (Fl), and Texas A&M.

During this same period, Louisville was overall 39-37 vs the Big East, and 23-16 vs the ACC.

Outstanding post G'man! Maybe Pike will shut the hell up, but I seriously doubt it. And the fact is that they are going to get their proverbial @$$e$ handed to them during their 4-8 (possibly 5-7) season in 2016. They've signed an OOC game with USM that they just might regret. If they were life and death to beat EKU last season USM will take them to the woodshed.

They were on life support in the throes of defeat when they pulled it out against little bitty Eastern Kentucky. OMG! By the way, that's not a rag on Eastern. I love Eastern!

Didn't So Miss hang onto their coach from last year, or did he bolt? That guy got things turned around almost as fast as the prior guy torpedoed their program...

So exactly when is it that UofL loses this "temporary excellence"?? This is the freaking wishful Holy Grail of conventional wisdom at UK sites - waiting for UofL to "come back to earth".

We await your munificent insight. You know, when everything gets back to the "normal course of events", lol? You can party then like it's 1907!!

It's difficult to know where to begin with this drivel. Let's make it simple, instead, shall we?

One of the primary reasons UofL has had this "nice run" since 1990 is in the fact that coaches here were under no illusions about being a recruiting powerhouse. Instead, these men stressed player development, recruiting athletes instead of peering over "star ratings" developed by suspicious sources. In the draft where Teddy Bridgewater went to Minnesota, we had two other players rated higher who also went in the first round. Both of these gentlemen were recruited initially as QB's - did you know this? Adaptability, strength, speed have been the hallmarks of defeating the challenges which were in front of Louisville. I would say we have done well in this regard. We most certainly did not begin recruiting with the same silver spoon UK chokes on yearly.

Any game which is played on the final day of the season and which presents an opportunity for a bowl game is your Super Bowl. Saying anything else is hilarious. Your urge to put yourself in some bizarre superior position is equally ludicrous. And Lord knows that is the fundamental reason you post here.

Your amazingly terrific "domination" of "recruiting the state" has somehow omitted the recruiting of James Quick, Reggie Bonnafon, Gary Barnidge, George Tinch, Devante Parker, Rodjay, Mike Bush, Brian Brohm - and a list that could exhaust us all as we assess players who actually played the game at a high level.

In other words, every single thing you said, aside from giving us credit where you did, is a reiteration of the same old crap, lol. None of it serves any purpose save for your own ego - a terrific and hilarious solipsism that defines your own unreachable self-assessment.

But you know what? Inasmuch as those delusions consist of your fan base's baseline, it also guarantees the bar set will always be about eel height.

Furthermore, your completely juvenile hostility to Louisville make it easier to mock you and makes us all less sympathetic to your consistent failure.

Pike did this last summer, if not the years prior as well. There is zero respect in his tone regardless of how much humility gets handed to him between the lines. Pike eats his Wheaties from Spring to Fall!

Those wins he covets over those SEC schools rank so high on his to-do list... so high... that he's.... he is you guessed it....HERE!

One year UK will beat UofL in football again. There could be a time when "control" of the series shifts, and the program down the road actually starts accomplishing something worth posting about.

Either way, visiting fans of the team down the road have absolutely nothing to crow about, or discredit any other program about, given their laughing stock status.

Last edited:
I swear, I wouldn't enjoy watching the horrible mess that is UK football half as much if it weren't for UK's arrogant fans. Pike comes in here and tells us that UK is not all about beating UofL, they are only concerned with SEC wins. Such arrogance. Well, where are those coveted SEC wins? Haven't seen them in my lifetime, and I'm no spring chicken!

At the end of the day, Pike, you may not want to admit that UofL is your most important game of the year, but you and your fellow fans better start facing reality that it is. The fact that this matchup decimated your program's growth over the past two years is some hefty proof.

I swear, I wouldn't enjoy watching the horrible mess that is UK football half as much if it weren't for UK's arrogant fans. Pike comes in here and tells us that UK is not all about beating UofL, they are only concerned with SEC wins. Such arrogance. Well, where are those coveted SEC wins? Haven't seen them in my lifetime, and I'm no spring chicken!

At the end of the day, Pike, you may not want to admit that UofL is your most important game of the year, but you and your fellow fans better start facing reality that it is. The fact that this matchup decimated your program's growth over the past two years is some hefty proof.
Their pathetic performance each season gets them to the game they know they can't win especially now that Bobby's back and it kills them. To be a UK fan and know if they are 5-6 heading into the UofL game each season has to be their worst nightmare.

Not to mention, the benefits beating UL would add to our recent dominance of recruiting Kentucky.

And how is that self proclaimed dominance working out for you? Like getting ky recruits has been so instrumental in uk's winning in the SEC or vs UofL.

Delusion is running rampant in your mind. Just another sad ky FB fan who hopes to lift up his program by diminishing the Cards results. But , then that is all you have. uk fans would like to win any of the games that they have failed to win in the last 30 years.......oh yea! Methinks you need to find another hobby.

What does dominance in recruiting in Kentucky mean, anyway? All it means is they bribed a bunch of over-rated kids from out in the state with free basketball tickets.

Kentucky loses the best in-state players, the few who really can play, to the Alabama's of the world every year. Just ask Damien Harris.

So exactly when is it that UofL loses this "temporary excellence"?? This is the freaking wishful Holy Grail of conventional wisdom at UK sites - waiting for UofL to "come back to earth".

We await your munificent insight. You know, when everything gets back to the "normal course of events", lol? You can party then like it's 1907!!
uk FB has been looking to "next year" since 1961. So the word "temporary" has a different meaning to them.

Like the late Jerry Clower said, "What's time to a hog?" They just keep rooting around looking for that 'Tater, oblivious to how long it takes.

Reactions: Senore2006
Pike

Forget the 1990s, you can go all the way back to the 1970 Corso era ........despite playing in a baseball stadium, UL football was better than the UK product in Lexington even back then. It is not so much about how great UL football is, but rather how pathetic UK football is now and has always been. There have been a very few years (Curci for example) where UK football enjoyed some success ...............but "even a blind squirrel gets an acorn every once in awhile".

Look at WKU for further evidence .............an in-state school fresh out of Division II (OVC) has leap-frogged past UK football.

233 even the Curci years had to have an "aid" in their success. Otherwise why would the NCAA put them on probation for rules violations. The cayuts have never understood that the best thing for business is good competition. But they decided to ignore that business model and their competitors (UofL) have grown up to bite them on the butt. And now here comes WKU as a competitor and they better watch out for EKU also. Also they have never learned or accepted that the Commonwealth of Kentucky does NOT generate enough talent for a major football program. UofL generally gets the best players out of the best area in the state (Jefferson County) and then cherry picks the kids they want from out in the state. It appears that WKU is doing the same. The $ec program in Lessington is in dire straits and individuals like Pike just simply don't get it. We surpassed their program several years ago and there is no looking back now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT