ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Cards struggling once again with turnovers and missed layups.

And I'm about ready to give up ever thinking the NCAA can employ referees that can do a decent job. It's absolutely horrible. I just don't get.

Cards sleepwalking in Texas. They don't look like they're ready to play. This is the worst they have looked this season.

Missed close in shots. At least 6 already and there's still 5 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.

Missed wide open 3's. Have not made a 3 yet.

Turnovers galore. Can't hold onto the ball.

Missed 4 free throws so far and they shoot 84 percent at the line this season.

Very ugly so far.

The male ref in this game is an absolute joke and looks like he should be doing church league games.

Cards down only 5 at halftime despite zero 3's while Alabama has made six. Cards have missed at least 8 close in shots and have 10 turnovers.

Alabama is weak. They have a good 3 point shooter who has made every wide open 3 she's taken. They have more turnovers than the Cards.

The Cards should be up 10 at halftime. Walz better light a fire under these ladies at halftime. They're embarrassing themselves.

Last edited:
Another thing in this game is the loose ball syndrome we see so often with the men's team. It's unreal how many 2nd and 3rd chances Alabama has gotten in this game. They get it back on airballs, bricks, deflections and of course, long rebounds.

Maybe Walz should practice on 11 foot goals so during the games the Cards players will actually make half of their bunnies? I've never seen so many missed close in shots in 15 minutes of basketball.

These refs are not giving the same contact fouls for the Cards like they are for Bama.

Cards are currently not worthy of being a ranked team. They have potential but Walz has his hands full deciding what the best rotation is.

I am in Tacoma, Washington so I missed the game I am disappointed by the outcome but this team can still make some noise if they do the things they need to do. We brought in offensive players and not defensive players so they have to get better defensively if they want to win against good teams. I have noticed in our others games that we do not go for loose balls like we have in the past. I have also noticed that we stand around on rebounds hoping somebody else gets the rebound. We need to improve on those areas of out game and we do we will be a much better team.

Seriously don't understand why it's so hard for the NCAA to employ good refs. It ruins the game for me. It's absolutely atrocious and nothing is ever done about it.

And I'm not saying this because it hurts my favorite team. Every single time I watch a women's game it's the same thing though not as horrible as today's game was.

All a player had to do today was fake every single contact by falling. It was one flop after another, especially with that dude ref. Then that ridiculous screen foul called at the end when the Cards were sitting up a 3 to tie the game was ridiculous.

There's no way I could coach in women's basketball. I would set a record with technicals and fines. I don't know how Walz does it.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I am in Tacoma, Washington so I missed the game I am disappointed by the outcome but this team can still make some noise if they do the things they need to do. We brought in offensive players and not defensive players so they have to get better defensively if they want to win against good teams. I have noticed in our others games that we do not go for loose balls like we have in the past. I have also noticed that we stand around on rebounds hoping somebody else gets the rebound. We need to improve on those areas of out game and we do we will be a much better team.
They all but gave the game away with 12 missed close in shots and 10 missed free throws. And someone besides Taylor has to be a 3 point threat.

I appreciate the loyalty of Olivia Cochran but I will not be sad to see her move on. She's one of the biggest disappointments for me. She's stuck at the limit of her ability now for two seasons.

They all but gave the game away with 12 missed close in shots and 10 missed free throws. And someone besides Taylor has to be a 3 point threat.

I appreciate the loyalty of Olivia Cochran but I will not be sad to see her move on. She's one of the biggest disappointments for me. She's stuck at the limit of her ability now for two seasons.
Dude, that's way too harsh on Olivia. She's L1C4 through and through.

Dude, that's way too harsh on Olivia. She's L1C4 through and through.
I know she is. I want nothing but the best for her, but I still can have an opinion on her ability. A lot of players reach their limit so it's not necessarily a put down. What she gives this team is the same as it's been since her sophomore year and I'm looking forward for someone else giving it a shot next season. I would love for her to prove me wrong.

I know she is. I want nothing but the best for her, but I still can have an opinion on her ability. A lot of players reach their limit so it's not necessarily a put down. What she gives this team is the same as it's been since her sophomore year and I'm looking forward for someone else giving it a shot next season. I would love for her to prove me wrong.
If we had someone better she'd be in there. And there's no guarantee there will be next year. Today wasn't one of her best games but to ignore all the games she has played very well saying you're glad she will be gone is a massive over reaction.

Reactions: FlavRunit
If we had someone better she'd be in there. And there's no guarantee there will be next year. Today wasn't one of her best games but to ignore all the games she has played very well saying you're glad she will be gone is a massive over reaction.
Well, that's your opinion and I respect it. I'm not advocating for her to be benched and she will be a huge part of the success this team does have this season.

No need to take it personally. It's just my opinion which is what these boards are for. I understand if you or anyone else disagrees. Many a fan over the years have had the same sentiment of four year players on both the women and men's teams.

I recall quite a few opinions about Ryan McMahon and how long he seemed to be here. Malik Williams anyone?

I do apologize if anyone was offended by my wording.

The refs were terrible today and we didn’t come ready to play. It’s going to be a tough three days as Gonzaga looked good early on vs Liberty.

Totally correct about the numerous missed shots in the paint and turners, but poor
defence cost us the game. Many times players did not block out and almost all of
Bamas 3's were wide open looks. We have the players to be a really good team, but
the defence must improve. Apparently Jefferson, Taylor and Curry were not expected to
to play defence at their prior schools.

Last edited:
Olivia has done a lot more positive than negative, and unfortunately she has not been getting much in the way of support from her teammates.

i did not see the Alabama game, but listening to Realville himself, it sounds like it’s unfair to believe Olivia could overcome such horrible officiating, be responsible for guarding the wide-open Alabama threes or account for her teammates to hit their threes.

What I was saying about Cochran has been the same things her entire career here. She misses too many close in shots. She fouls and complains every time. She's always upset and it distracts her. She pouts on the court and on the bench.

That was my point. It wasn't she cost the Cards the game. Louisville's inability to make layups, bunnies, or close in shots whatever you want to call it, was what did them in.

Most of the open 3's the Cards gave up came on pressing and double teams. Alabama moved the ball well and got the open 3. They made more of them than the Cards made close in shots.

Olivia Cochran is a very talented basketball player. When she was a freshman, she appeared to be on her way to superstardem. Now she's a senior and she's nowhere near being that. But that's okay, not everyone can make the jump.

I was glad she stayed loyal and remained a Cardinal. She does give effort and can be a problem for other teams. I just get frustrated with the same antics after four years. I hope for nothing but the best for her. I would love for her to prove me wrong and lead the Cards to the promise land.

Reactions: HiStepper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT