ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Igiehon

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
With the grad transfer recruiting wrapping up, it looks like there will be a path for Igiehon to minutes this year. I didn't follow the team as closely last year as I would have liked. I know going into the season there were some people hoping he'd be a part of the rotation obviously that didn't get going. So he was banged up was it a shoulder? This is a guy that would benefit from playing ball in the offseason but with Corona not sure how much he's getting to work on his game?

We don't know much about what he can do, what are your thoughts, instincts? Can the kid carve a 10-15 minute role off the pine, lock in on some rebounding and hard fouling? He's built like a tank.

Hoping he gets a shot and runs with it.

Thoughts?

I didn’t see him enough to know, I will say he has an awesome dunk but I don’t know much about anything else. He has the size and the body to be a banger on the inside for rebounds.

I personally don’t think he was originally in the plans to play many minutes. It was obvious that Mack didn’t want the two bigs on the court at the same time, whether he was afraid of foul trouble or didn’t feel they mesh together. Plus I think the offseason injury to Malik meant that he had to play more to get back in shape. The foul issue was never really a factor and Sutton proved at times we could go with a smaller lineup. I didn’t hear about the shoulder injury until later in the season just before Malik went down.

I personally don’t think he was originally in the plans to play many minutes. It was obvious that Mack didn’t want the two bigs on the court at the same time, whether he was afraid of foul trouble or didn’t feel they mesh together. Plus I think the offseason injury to Malik meant that he had to play more to get back in shape. The foul issue was never really a factor and Sutton proved at times we could go with a smaller lineup. I didn’t hear about the shoulder injury until later in the season just before Malik went down.
I too was unaware of an injury. Igiehon appeared be a raw commodity when he did get in games. His skill set still needs a great deal of development which he will not get this summer. I was hoping he initially could focus on being a great rebounder since he is obviously an athlete. That way he could give meaningful minutes in relief of Williams.

The young man is very VERY raw. Pure athlete but hardly a basketball player. Not yet anyway. If Chris Mack can teach the young man how to be a basketball player, then we hit gold with this coach. Time will tell.

The young man is very VERY raw. Pure athlete but hardly a basketball player. Not yet anyway. If Chris Mack can teach the young man how to be a basketball player, then we hit gold with this coach. Time will tell.
Luke Hancock said his BB iq and skill set was less then Gourgis and remember Gougi didn't understand the basic concept of fouls his first year.

Reactions: Cincycard80
I think if he can come in and play with effort on the defensive end and hit the boards that is all we need. The guards, Malik, and Sam Williamson will take care of the scoring.

Igeheion, Withers, Slaz, and Traynor

There’s 80 minutes of play time in the post. Williams will have 30 of those minutes. Can those other 4 give us 50 solid minutes? That’s all we need.

Hustle, blocking out, and 20 fouls to give between the 4.

Igeheion, Withers, Slaz, and Traynor

There’s 80 minutes of play time in the post. Williams will have 30 of those minutes. Can those other 4 give us 50 solid minutes? That’s all we need.

Hustle, blocking out, and 20 fouls to give between the 4.
Huh no Traynor is only weighing at 180lbs, he's definetly a 3 with a possibliuty spelling the 4 . He needs alot of weight hate this corno crap it's hurting kids like him from strength training .

Huh no Traynor is only weighing at 180lbs, he's definetly a 3 with a possibliuty spelling the 4 . He needs alot of weight hate this corno crap it's hurting kids like him from strength training .
Nothing is keeping me from weight training. It depends on how hard you want to work. Believe me if you need a coach or trainer to tell you to work hard, chances are you’re probably not that good.. I went from a gym rat with weights and machines to resistance bands and body weight in my garage. I still get a great workout.

Well then there 3 other guys for those minutes. If he’s the 5th big on the roster, then he’s got time to get into shape and grow into his role.

Well then there 3 other guys for those minutes. If he’s the 5th big on the roster, then he’s got time to get into shape and grow into his role.
Traynor is a wing not a big. His game isn’t even resemblant of a big especially not In Mack’s system. He’s a 3/4 I doubt they ever attempt to use him at the 5. His length at the 3/4 is going to be very valuable in the future.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Traynor is a wing not a big. His game isn’t even resemblant of a big especially not In Mack’s system. He’s a 3/4 I doubt they ever attempt to use him at the 5. His length at the 3/4 is going to be very valuable in the future.
Every single recruiting service has him listed as a power forward. The guys that do it for a living and evaluate his game say he’s a power forward.

He’s 6’8, he’s going to play the 4.

Every single recruiting service has him listed as a power forward. The guys that do it for a living and evaluate his game say he’s a power forward.

Hear it for yourself about Traynor first hand from his high school coach Boo Brewer . Podcast todays Maybin show 2nd hour Boo was on their giving the complete lowdown on JJ , so you can hear it for yourself .

Reactions: TyCards9er

If you think Traynors a PF or big . Heres what the NBA list Nwora as.

Jordan Nwora NBA Draft Scouting Report
Position
Height
Weight
From

SF 6-8 225

Reactions: TyCards9er
Great looking form on that jumper. And with CCMs 4 out 1in system, the 3 and 4 don't have any real distinction. Sutton played an undersized "4", but did most of his damage in the offense from the perimeter.... either making 3s or going to the basket. Depending on the lineup, Jordan played the 3 or 4. So did SW. No real deal in this system.

Reactions: Sound.Slave
Judging by these responses I gather we're looking at a community effort at the 4.

I wonder if Slazinksi will surprise some people he has a skill set maybe.

Reactions: Shonda97
Judging by these responses I gather we're looking at a community effort at the 4.

I wonder if Slazinksi will surprise some people he has a skill set maybe.
He’s an elite shooter especially for his size. At least give us 8-10minutes off the bench and hit a couple shots every now and again. I think come his junior and senior seasons he could be a real contributor.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Personally, i am excited to see what can come from our freshman and sophomores. We know DJ & SW are the real deal. So then the question becomes can like 3 of the other 6 become contributors. With MW and the 2 grad transfer guards, it feels like we have 5 that can contribute that will need help.

Honestly, unless we get another transfer that really moves us up.....i would be happier just to see what can be developed with the young guys. They look like there is real potential. They have size and some obvious talent from HS. I know that doesn't make them big time ready, but who knows? And they all seem like the kind of kids you want to root for.

Grad transfers are the new norm.... and when they obviously help improve the team, great. But in the case of some of the fringe ones, i kinda would rather see those minutes go to developing players for the current year and the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT