ADVERTISEMENT

Adidas ?

Law007

5000+
May 29, 2001
With all this ignorant action taken by the “interim President “why no add another, that is severance od Adidas relationship. Attorneys for Louisville are already reading the contract of opt out costs. I am sure another shoe company will rush in and sign up with FBI investigation. NCAA penalties as their lead college to contract. By leaping out in front of all others and taking corrective actions to HC and AD Louisville has placed them at the top of every conversation when the FBI investigation. This will certainly attract top future AD or HC into this mess.

Remember neither party or any party has been arrested at Louisville or proof acknowledging that Pinto was coach 6 or coach 69 Louisville simply jumped in front of things without appropriate knowledge and made admissions that need not be made at this time hoping that truth will set you free.

That does not work in penal system unless you can rat on another higher up felon.

Watch for the shoe contract cancealation, why not through away $16 million a year and fire Crum and Griffin too to cut cost. Pure genius

From the general "gist" of what I could interpret from Twitter sources today, Postel seemed to possibly soften on his stance on the lack of "transparency" of the Adidas contract. Keeping in mind this is just MY interpretation, it seemed his annoyance was with his feeling that HE was not consulted. He seemed to concede that the day-to-day operations of UofL athletics should lie with those program coaches and athletic administrators. It was a contract that most any administrator would have jumped on. My personal feeling is the Adidas contract will not be a factor in the decision to keep Jurich or not.

From the general "gist" of what I could interpret from Twitter sources today, Postel seemed to possibly soften on his stance on the lack of "transparency" of the Adidas contract. Keeping in mind this is just MY interpretation, it seemed his annoyance was with his feeling that HE was not consulted. He seemed to concede that the day-to-day operations of UofL athletics should lie with those program coaches and athletic administrators. It was a contract that most any administrator would have jumped on. My personal feeling is the Adidas contract will not be a factor in the decision to keep Jurich or not.

I'm not sure a contract of that magnitude and importance is considered day to day. As I said in another post, maybe Tom didn't feel he had to consult with Postel based on his previous relations with Ramsey but business is not "as usual" these days.

Reactions: Steelers2012
I hope Tom is given full credit for the revenues it provides payoffs or other misdeeds are a issue.

Question for you guys. If he throws out the Adidas contract, does that mean we have to find a new outfitter for the U of L teams? 1) who do you think we should sign with? 2) do you think all this makes it harder for us to sign with another shoe sponsor?

Question for you guys. If he throws out the Adidas contract, does that mean we have to find a new outfitter for the U of L teams? 1) who do you think we should sign with? 2) do you think all this makes it harder for us to sign with another shoe sponsor?
"Throwing" the contract out doesn't mean it can't be renegotiated. We have had a long relationship with Adidas. Doesn't sound like other shoe companies are any better. Adidas needs to do their own housecleaning it seems and I am truly interested to see if there is anything to do with Jurich's daughter being named a brand "representative" at the time she was named. Apparently her comments about this were removed from twitter.

I think the review of the contract is more from the perspective of ensuring that nothing unethical or illegal occurred in the development of the contract.

As I just stated in another topic. It has come out that Jurich has proof he has met with the interim president and/or BOT 11 times reference the Adidas contract. You maybe disappointed or upset about what happened in BB as I am, but that BOT should worry you more and what their intentions are.

It's a lot of money and it seems all sides are really confused about how it was divided up. Adidas spokespeople say those contracts go to the University, period. After that they have not a problem with how the University doles it out. Adidas foots the bill for uniforms/equipment. Looking at numbers, that's about half the dollar value. The rest is the schools to do with as they wish.

It is possible there is some wording in this contract the financial folks want clarified.
Should have happened before final signing. For whatever reason, it didn't. Not an NCAA issue, not an FBI issue. Public relations stuff.

We need to switch.
601a2b12cfefa9ad3607180733d04782.jpg

Reactions: SoulSr
We need to switch.
601a2b12cfefa9ad3607180733d04782.jpg

Why? Was it adidas that the FBI exposed OR was it an adidas high level executive? I say we keep the contract in place and get the $160 million asap. Let us remember that Nike is going thru the same kind of stuff and the other “shoe” companies will be investigated also.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT