ADVERTISEMENT

ACC (virtual) Football Kickoff/AKA Covid & Pols Session

PHCARD

Apr 6, 2007
This is not a good sign fans. Let's hope it's just major decision changes to the FB schedule and not anything more.

It’s time to call it. There’s zero chance of college football being played this year in any form. The absolute best fans could hope for - and it a long shot at best - is that they play in the spring.

Unfortunately the rapid increase in COVID cases has doomed this season. University decisions have to be made in the next 3 weeks and instead of treating this serious, many folks acted like it was Daytona Beach Spring break 1988. This has especially been the case throughout the south - the hotbed of college football (and now COVID). It is really disheartening how so many people, including people I have respected and consider friends, have no idea how to make small sacrifices in this COVID environment.

Reactions: vivid_red
Unfortunately the rapid increase in COVID cases has doomed this season. University decisions have to be made in the next 3 weeks and instead of treating this serious, many folks acted like it was Daytona Beach Spring break 1988. This has especially been the case throughout the south - the hotbed of college football (and now COVID). It is really disheartening how so many people, including people I have respected and consider friends, have no idea how to make small sacrifices in this COVID environment.
The only thing that has outpaced the concentrated stupidity is the abject selfishness of these “freedom loving patriots”. Nice work idiots.

#Merica

The writing is on the wall. When I read/talk about college football, it just feels empty, because we all know it isn't happening. Imagine if they did, the first kid that gets it and dies - the fallout would be a tsunami and the media would demand people be fired.

I remember when Dr. Faucci was saying that the virus would die down in the warmer weather.

I remember when Dr. Faucci was saying that the virus would die down in the warmer weather.
No you don’t - because he didn’t. In fact, he said that “it would be a mistake to assume that the virus would be affected by warmer weather”. It was your buddy trump who said it would die in the heat of summer. Here’s a link from fox news - so you don’t think it’s some liberal trick.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-warm-weather-fauci-virus-fade-not-assume

Google is your friend.

Of course the peaceful protests had nothing to do with the virus spreading
Where in my post did I give a pass to anyone not wearing a mask? Though I’ll say - from the video footage it seems as though the vast majority of protesters wear masks. Compare that to the counter protesters - where the majority do not.

Reactions: gocds
I don’t have the link for Faucci I either, but I remember it too.

Several “experts” were saying that warmer weather “should” kill it off. Here one from the beloved CBS

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...k-will-it-go-away-in-summer-expert-weighs-in/

But then, other “experts” say Not So Fast My Friend.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checki...t-covid-19-dying-down-as-the-summer-heats-up/

Those “experts” are experts at could, should, may, might, possibly, trending, blah blah blah.

Im told to “trust the science”.

But nobody has said which science to trust. :confused:

Reactions: luv2hit63
On the front end all of them were saying it would die out in the summer and then we would have a second wave in the fall. I listened to a Japanese scientist early who said that the virus wasn’t being affected by temperatures which would indicate that they took the virus and enhanced it.

Where in my post did I give a pass to anyone not wearing a mask? Though I’ll say - from the video footage it seems as though the vast majority of protesters wear masks. Compare that to the counter protesters - where the majority do not.
I guess its just a coincedence that for three months everybody could go to Lowes, Walmart and Kroger without a mask and there wasn't a big spike in cases but now not wearing a mask to Bob's diner is causing it. The majority of cases now are among young people who happened to be the ones protesing. Maybe Zipp can do a chart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rollem Cards
I guess its just a coincedence that for three months everybody could go to Lowes, Walmart and Kroger without a mask and there wasn't a big spike in cases but now not wearing a mask to Bob's diner is causing it. The majority of cases now are among young people who happened to be the ones protesing. Maybe Zipp can do a chart.
Three months ago people (with any sense) were going to retail spots like the ones you mentioned on a significantly more limited basis. Why? Because they were being told in many cases to shelter in place which after seeing reports of spots like NYC who’s hospitals were overwhelmed to the point where refrigerated trucks had to be brought in to store the dead scared them enough to stay in.

Fast forward three months and the steady (and completely self serving) drumbeat of bad information from trump combined with the overall lack of discipline of the American people, led to states opening up prematurely. Throw in the staggering amount of idiots and other “patriots” that don’t give a shit about anyone but themselves and that explains the predictable resurgence of the virus

I’m sure that there have been protestors that have contracted COVID 19 but to suggest that it’s a majority is simply laughable. Unless those packed beaches and bars were really low key BLM protests...o_O

Last edited:
I don’t have the link for Faucci I either, but I remember it too.

Several “experts” were saying that warmer weather “should” kill it off. Here one from the beloved CBS

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...k-will-it-go-away-in-summer-expert-weighs-in/

But then, other “experts” say Not So Fast My Friend.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checki...t-covid-19-dying-down-as-the-summer-heats-up/

Those “experts” are experts at could, should, may, might, possibly, trending, blah blah blah.

Im told to “trust the science”.

But nobody has said which science to trust. :confused:
Did you read the first article you linked? Nowhere in the article does the Dr. quoted say that warmer weather should kill Covid-19. The closest he comes was saying that it was an “enticing possibility” but that they wouldn’t know until it was tested with heat / humidity.

Trust the science when they tell you to wear a mask, limit your close contact with others outside your house and wash your hands.

What is so damn difficult or controversial about that??

Sheesh...

Yes he did
No - he didn’t. To continue to say he did is ridiculous. I linked one (of dozens) article literally reporting that Fauci never said that.

This is where we are in America - we can’t acknowledge facts. Facts don’t matter anymore - only feelings and opinions.

Without big changes, we’re in serious trouble.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry

I’m glad Ghost went ahead and dunked on your asinine post because it was about to put me over the edge. Wear a mask and social distance.

It’s funny how Ghosts sources are reliable but anytime somebody post an opinion different than his their sources aren’t reliable. I noticed on the news today there have been several editorials stating that Faucci has been all over the board on his opinions.

It’s funny how Ghosts sources are reliable but anytime somebody post an opinion different than his their sources aren’t reliable. I noticed on the news today there have been several editorials stating that Faucci has been all over the board on his opinions.

The link about what Fauci said regarding summertime COVID isn’t working

Three months ago people (with any sense) were going to retail spots like the ones you mentioned on a significantly more limited basis. Why? Because they were being told in many cases to shelter in place which after seeing reports of spots like NYC who’s hospitals were overwhelmed to the point where refrigerated trucks had to be brought in to store the dead scared them enough to stay in.

Fast forward three months and the steady (and completely self serving) drumbeat of bad information from trump combined with the overall lack of discipline of the American people, led to states opening up prematurely. Throw in the staggering amount of idiots and other “patriots” that don’t give a shit about anyone but themselves and that explains the predictable resurgence of the virus

I’m sure that there have been protestors that have contracted COVID 19 but to suggest that it’s a majority is simply laughable. Unless those packed beaches and bars were really low key BLM protests...o_O
So people living in tents in Jefferson Square for 3 weeks didn't spread the virus and I'm sure the idiot zone in Seattle was quarantined. Got it.

Unless you are protesting or going to a martyr's funeral because it doesn't spread there right?

The act of protesting doesn’t spread COVID. A lack of masks, a lack of social distancing, prolonged person to person contact especially indoors or in less ventilated places are the actions that lead to increased spread.

Let’s examine the difference.

You posted your belief that you thought you remembered Faucci (sic) saying that warm weather would get rid of Covid-19.

I posted a link to an actual news source that reported on the story - I could have posted about 10 more from different news agencies saying the same thing - that Fauci never said that warm weather would reduce or eliminate Covid-19.

I quote actual sources whereas you, simply quote your faulty memory. And the “editorials” you’re reading are from trump administration flunkies like peter navarro who has his head so far up trump’s ass - he can taste the hairspray.

Unless you are protesting or going to a martyr's funeral because it doesn't spread there right?
No, you should wear a mask and social distance at those events as well. But from the video evidence of those events - most of the attendees were. Again, certainly a higher percentage than of the “patriots” that were protesting at the governor’s (and hanging him in effigy) mansion.

Last edited:
So people living in tents in Jefferson Square for 3 weeks didn't spread the virus and I'm sure the idiot zone in Seattle was quarantined. Got it.
I’m sure that both situations did spread the virus. I’m less sure what you think the point is that you’re making. Is it that there are people who identify as liberal that have the same reckless disregard for themselves and others as some conservatives?

Duh.

No, you should wear a mask and social distance at those events as well. But from the video evidence of those events - most of the attendees were. Again, certainly a higher percentage than of the “patriots” that were protesting at the governor’s (and hanging him in effigy) mansion.
BS on the masks at the funerals. Even the politicians screaming now about them weren't wearing them, and if the protestors were wearing masks it was because they didn't want to be identified on camera. Lots of photos out there even some of Little Andy shaking hands without a mask, and the Patriots werent burning down the mansion and looting.

Last edited:
Reactions: KozmasAgain
“Gov” Brian Kemp of Georgia struck down local mask mandate ordinances in his state. This deals another blow to the SEC and ACC attempts to have a football season. Strangely Mr. Kemp is a strong proponent of local solutions to issues...until he isn’t.

Sooooooo, is the assumption that Fauci is wrong and Trump is right? You gotta be kidding. I think I’ll take the opinion of a proven scientist and medical expert over anyone else. The only problem that Trump really has is that he didn’t react properly back in January or February and now he’s paying the price in the polling. WTH even on Fox he’s trailing badly. Fauci has far more support from both the scientific/medical AND political communities than does the president. It’s pretty simple - wear a mask in public, wash you hands often and trust in social distancing. It is those things that will help us get thru this pandemic.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

BS on the masks at the funerals. Even the politicians screaming now about them weren't wearing them, and if the protestors were wearing masks it was because they didn't want to be identified on camera. Lots of photos out there even some of Little Andy shaking hands without a mask, and the Patriots werent burning down the mansion and looting.
Listen - I’m not going to continue to argue whether the left or the right is more in the right or, more to blame. Worrying about things like that that don’t matter in the grand scheme of things is part of why we are so divided and will continue to be stuck in neutral as a country. In the particular case of the pandemic - I just wish that Americans of all beliefs would do their part to help by using their common sense and adhering to the most basic of scientific protocols.

Is that really too much to ask?

11 states are currently experiencing their highest rate of COVID hospitalizations. Sadly, hospitalizations lag positive tests and deaths lag hospitalizations. I have friends that are doctors in California and Arizona. Some of their ICUs are full. Same thing in Florida, Bama, Miss and South Carolina

Sooooooo, is the assumption that Fauci is wrong and Trump is right? You gotta be kidding. I think I’ll take the opinion of a proven scientist and medical expert over anyone else. The only problem that Trump really has is that he didn’t react properly back in January or February and now he’s paying the price in the polling. WTH even on Fox he’s trailing badly. Fauci has far more support from both the scientific/medical AND political communities than does the president. It’s pretty simple - wear a mask in public, wash you hands often and trust in social distancing. It is those things that will help us get thru this pandemic.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!
Fauci also said previosly that the virus wouldn't be a big deal in the US and masks wouldn't help. So he's right now and wrong then?

Listen - I’m not going to continue to argue whether the left or the right is more in the right or, more to blame. Worrying about things like that that don’t matter in the grand scheme of things is part of why we are so divided and will continue to be stuck in neutral as a country. In the particular case of the pandemic - I just wish that Americans of all beliefs would do their part to help by using their common sense and adhering to the most basic of scientific protocols.

Is that really too much to ask?
I wear a mask because its my decision not some Politician's who speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Reactions: gocds
I wear a mask because its my decision not some Politician's who speaks out of both sides of his mouth.
Which politician couldn’t be accused of that?

As long as people pay attention to the basic protocols - their reasoning / justifications / rationalizations behind it are inconsequential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT