ADVERTISEMENT

ACC (virtual) Football Kickoff/AKA Covid & Pols Session

Its easy enogh to Google

On Jan. 26, Fauci gave an interview to John Catsimatidis, a syndicated radio host in New York. “What can you tell the American people about what’s been going on?” Catsimatidis asked. “Should they be scared?”

“I don’t think so,” Fauci said. “The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States, but it’s something we, as public health officials, need to take very seriously.”

Which politician couldn’t be accused of that?

As long as people pay attention to the basic protocols - their reasoning / justifications / rationalizations behind it are inconsequential.
Little Andy for one. Plenty of pictures with his mask pulled off hugging and shaking the peaceful protestors hands. When the Mayor of New York cancels all events but BLM protests because of the virus its time to tune them out and realize they have an agenda.

Reactions: CardsFirst
This is where we are in America. Your political party decides how your opinion on a virus.

Here's my opinion - if the political parties in the White House were switched, then the opinions espoused by both of those parties would also be switched. It's just an opinion, but here's my support for it - political party apparently dictates everything. This is because all political parties care about is maintaining/obtaining/expanding power. I'm talking about the folks in office and in the media, not the rank and file voters (who just follow what their leaders say and go "Go team! Me too!").

Tennessee hospitalizations have doubled in the past three weeks. Florida reported a record number of hospitalizations.

I wear a mask because its my decision not some Politician's who speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

So you like what Trump is doing and saying? He’s wrong the vast majority of the time especially about this pandemic and our response to same.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

In Tennessee like everywhere else they are claiming any illness is covid19. My wife works in hospital administration in Tennessee. The hospitals lost so much money when they had to cancel all non essential procedures. Now they are trying to recover their money by claiming every patient has the virus. They get an extra 13,000 per patient by doing so.

In Tennessee like everywhere else they are claiming any illness is covid19. My wife works in hospital administration in Tennessee. The hospitals lost so much money when they had to cancel all non essential procedures. Now they are trying to recover their money by claiming every patient has the virus. They get an extra 13,000 per patient by doing so.

Same with Florida, same with AZ, same with N.C., same with SC? Is it common to have ICUs maxed out as well?

I hate to keep picking on you but, that is complete nonsense and here’s why. You’re correct in that hospitals lost millions in patient visits regarding elective surgeries, the actual elective surgeries, post op hospitalizations and follow up visits. Which is EXACTLY why they would NOT over report COVID-19 exposures - for fear of having all of the elective surgery business halted again. 13K a patient is a drop in the bucket compared to what they lost. My wife is an Ortho provider for (Now) UofL and is on those weekly zoom calls and they are scared out of their minds that it’s going to be shut down again based on this recent resurgence.

If your wife’s hospital in Tennessee is fraudulently claiming COVID-19 in patients where it doesn’t exist then, that’s blatantly illegal and everyone with knowledge of it should be prosecuted.

Its easy enogh to Google

On Jan. 26, Fauci gave an interview to John Catsimatidis, a syndicated radio host in New York. “What can you tell the American people about what’s been going on?” Catsimatidis asked. “Should they be scared?”

“I don’t think so,” Fauci said. “The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States, but it’s something we, as public health officials, need to take very seriously.”
So your "proof" that Fauci doesn't know what he's talking about is an interview he gave six days after the first United States case? At that point, very little was known about it and so to suggest that the situation should be taken seriously by public health officials (the scientists) but that the American public shouldn't be frightened, seems reasonable given the data.

On January 26th...

Reactions: gocds and nccardfan
Little Andy for one. Plenty of pictures with his mask pulled off hugging and shaking the peaceful protestors hands. When the Mayor of New York cancels all events but BLM protests because of the virus its time to tune them out and realize they have an agenda.
I'm not sure you understood my question. You said that you were wearing a mask because it was "(your) choice" and not due to some "politician who speaks out of both sides of his mouth". My question was - what politician couldn't be accused of speaking out of both sides of their mouth?

What would you have done differently if you were Governor - either of KY, NY or any state? What should have DeBlasio done - put a huge police presence out on the streets to crack down on the people protesting systematic abuses by the police? He may indeed have an agenda - I'm guessing that part of that agenda is to make sure that NYC doesn't come apart at the seams.

My sister in law is a nurse at Norton Audubon. Last week my wife ask “how bad is it with COVID cases”. She laughed and said we currently have zero patients. A co-workers mother went to The local hospital last week around 10:00 p.m. A staff worker came out to her car, got her name and personal info. Told her that some one would come out within the hour and take her in. After waiting 2 1/2 hours she went home. The next morning the hospital called and said her test confirmed she had COVID even though she never had a test.I could mention yet another case just like this.

Most republicans believe the numbers are exaggerated. Most democrats believe they are rock solid.

Looking forward to November 4th so the virus will be gone and the country can recover.

My sister in law is a nurse at Norton Audubon. Last week my wife ask “how bad is it with COVID cases”. She laughed and said we currently have zero patients. A co-workers mother went to The local hospital last week around 10:00 p.m. A staff worker came out to her car, got her name and personal info. Told her that some one would come out within the hour and take her in. After waiting 2 1/2 hours she went home. The next morning the hospital called and said her test confirmed she had COVID even though she never had a test.I could mention yet another case just like this.

Most republicans believe the numbers are exaggerated. Most democrats believe they are rock solid.

Looking forward to November 4th so the virus will be gone and the country can recover.

And now the Governors of those liberal wastelands of Mississippi and Alabama are in on this elaborate hoax. Ordering mandatory masking just so they can try to deny Don the White House. How dare they!

The negativity of all of this is killing my spirit. I like to keep it light and joke but it's hard to do that anymore. Everything, EVERYTHING, is about politics now and every decision made is drawn along party lines. I don't know if I'll be able to do it because I'm so addicted to instant information, but when my family goes on vacation I want to completely disconnect and just focus on hanging out with my family and listening to music while the waves roll in. Sports collectively are the toybox of adulthood and yes it's a "First World Problem" but seriously we need something to distract ourselves. There aren't even new movies or new TV episodes to watch. That's the superficial stuff - add to that the weight of worrying about older family members and the economy, it's all a big circular nightmare.

I need to disregard most thread now.

My Ignore list is so long the thread makes no sense.

But, on the other hand, I already know what the Ignored posters say/said/or are going to say. ;)

Same with Florida, same with AZ, same with N.C., same with SC? Is it common to have ICUs maxed out as well?
Same in Houston.

They are counting everyone you were in contact with as a case. so 1 may = 16. My wife works in the hospital in the COVID UNIT> She says even the doctors keeps saying, "Have to keep that money rolling in"

There are are HUNDREDS of personal accounts of people signing in at a testing facility, drive through or otherwise, then leaving because the wait is so long only to receive a phone call saying they were positive....

Then there’s my co-worker, who works on-site at contractors in St. Pete and Largo, FL. She was ill for a couple of days three weeks ago, so she signed up for a test. She was negative.

When you’re administering 700,000 tests per day, you can find all kinds of anecdotes about crazy errors. Unless you’ve gathered 70,000 anecdotes, and those anecdotes show 7,000 cases where testing facilities incorrectly claimed someone was positive, a few mistakes do not equal a massive conspiracy.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
“They are counting everyone you were in contact with as a case.”

And then these mysterious “cases” as you say are just invading the ICUs?

Same in Houston.

They are counting everyone you were in contact with as a case. so 1 may = 16. My wife works in the hospital in the COVID UNIT> She says even the doctors keeps saying, "Have to keep that money rolling in"

There are are HUNDREDS of personal accounts of people signing in at a testing facility, drive through or otherwise, then leaving because the wait is so long only to receive a phone call saying they were positive....
As of today, the US has tested over 50M. “Hundreds” don’t sound like a lot. Honestly sounds like a slightly different version of the fake voter fraud conspiracy constantly pushed by the right.

Bottom line, If you go out you are taking a risk no matter what I do.

The more they mandate masks the more “cases” there are. And of course the more tests, the more “cases”. Duh.

If you’re at risk, or just nervous, you have to stay home. And that’s no guarantee.

Reactions: teamcanada

The more they mandate masks the more “cases” there are. And of course the more tests, the more “cases”. Duh.

If you’re at risk, or just nervous, you have to stay home. And that’s no guarantee.
You can add me to your ignore list. Do you like baseball? Think of this like a player’s batting average in a different sense. The more at bats he has, his average will increase right? Not likely. The more “cases” means the infection rate should be lower because of “more at bats”, but it’s not. It’s not the total number of cases but how many are actually affected.

Yes, anytime you go out you are taking a risk. The problem is that there are people like me that operate an “essential” business that have to come in contact with all sorts of people. So it’s a little f’ing personal when some jerk can’t be inconvenienced about wearing a mask or keeping some distance and it then endangers me, my employees and ultimately my family. Yes, I’m nervous and no I don’t have the f’ing luxury to just “stay home”.

You can add me to your ignore list. Do you like baseball? Think of this like a player’s batting average in a different sense. The more at bats he has, his average will increase right? Not likely. The more “cases” means the infection rate should be lower because of “more at bats”, but it’s not. It’s not the total number of cases but how many are actually affected.
IMO it just shows a lot of people who couldn't get tested in the beginning had it and never knew it. The important number is deaths and hospitalizations. Even with all the positive test Kentucky reported 2 deaths yesterday . One was 96 one was 91. Hospitals aren't being overwhelmed and have plenty of space open.

IMO it just shows a lot of people who couldn't get tested in the beginning had it and never knew it. The important number is deaths and hospitalizations. Even with all the positive test Kentucky reported 2 deaths yesterday . One was 96 one was 91. Hospitals aren't being overwhelmed and have plenty of space open.

Until infection rates are put in check our economy will not recover and the disruptions to school, jobs and lives will continue forward.

Reactions: gocds
Now that they’ve gotten the blessing from POTUS, the governors of Ohio and Indiana have announced mask mandates. Better late than never. Frankly, it troubled me that Andy waited as long as he did.

To be honest, I thought you were on Ignore. I guess you haven't actually hit that level with me. Yet

Just what did I say that was "wrong"?

You can try to hide from a virus. But if you go "out" you are taking a chance, no matter what everybody around you does.

Current numbers say, 1 of every 1000 population are testing positive. This is constantly changing. Nobody will say how many of them are "affected" or sick. Of those who are sick, 3-4 of every 100 die, the majority of whom are 70+, This is getting “better”. But that doesn't fit the agenda.

ABC news (wife's choice) used to lead off with "3500 people died today". This week, thank God and Medicine, it has been "cases growing as cities prepare....". Today “cases” are spinning into “deaths”.

Blood sells in the news media. The more blood (deaths) the higher on the list the story goes.

Of all the people I know, one family all tested positive. And they wouldn't admit it until recently because everybody, including me, told them in March they were crazy to let their kid go to Spring Break.

The Dad was sick at home for two weeks. Said the worst thing for him was a "pounding", non-stop headache. The 20 yr old felt rough for "a day or two". The wife never got sick.

OTOH my ultra liberal sis-in-law rants about what Trump hasn’t “done” and she doesn’t think think her kids should got to school....but she loads them up every weekend a goes to baseball tournaments in Ohio, GA, and FLA. Go figure :confused:o_O Agenda much?

All I'm saying is....if you want as much of a guarantee as you can get to avoid it, stay home. Unlike my Trump hating SIL.

If people choose to go out they stand a chance of getting it whether I do what you think I should or not.

Don’t go to a ballgame/store/beach, get sick, and blame me.

To be honest, I thought you were on Ignore. I guess you haven't actually hit that level with me. Yet

You can try to hide from a virus. But if you go "out" you are taking a chance, no matter what everybody around you does.

Current numbers say, 1 of every 1000 population are testing positive. This is constantly changing. Nobody will say how many of them are "affected" or sick. Of those who are sick, 3-4 of every 100 die, the majority of whom are 70+, This is getting “better”. But that doesn't fit the agenda.

ABC news (wife's choice) used to lead off with "3500 people died today". This week, thank God and Medicine, it has been "cases growing as cities prepare....". Today “cases” are spinning into “deaths”.

Blood sells in the news media. The more blood (deaths) the higher on the list the story goes.

Of all the people I know, one family all tested positive. And they wouldn't admit it until recently because everybody, including me, told them in March they were crazy to let their kid go to Spring Break.

The Dad was sick at home for two weeks. Said the worst thing for him was a "pounding", non-stop headache. The 20 yr old felt rough for "a day or two". The wife never got sick.

OTOH my ultra liberal sis-in-law rants about what Trump hasn’t “done” and she doesn’t think think her kids should got to school....but she loads them up every weekend a goes to baseball tournaments in Ohio, GA, and FLA. Go figure :confused:o_O Agenda much?

All I'm saying is....if you want as much of a guarantee as you can get to avoid it, stay home. Unlike my Trump hating SIL.

If people choose to go out they stand a chance of getting it whether I do what you think I should or not.

I agree with you on the hypocrisy of some folks. I too see the pictures of travel ball teams and none of the kids nor the parents take proper precautions. It’s maddening.

Again though, not all of us have the luxury to “just stay home”. The general population relies on me to do my job and I rely on the general population to help keep me and my employees safe.

Last edited:

One of the main reasons why the US doesn’t have this controlled is due to the amount of misinformation and the lack of consistent medical data that is circulated. Just because you don’t know anybody or the worse they got was a headache doesn’t mean it should be taken for granted.

“They are counting everyone you were in contact with as a case.”

And then these mysterious “cases” as you say are just invading the ICUs?

Yes, they get sent to the hospital and admitted for a night (sometimes admitted for just a half a day) the released. The hospitals get $13900.00 per admission.

Don't believe the boogey man crap you hear on the news about Houston either. The ER for the last 20 years has operated at between 90-95% so when you hear "Houston ICU/ER/Hospitals Operating at 98%!!!! OH NO!!!!!" It doesn't mean jack sh!....

Then there’s my co-worker, who works on-site at contractors in St. Pete and Largo, FL. She was ill for a couple of days three weeks ago, so she signed up for a test. She was negative.

When you’re administering 700,000 tests per day, you can find all kinds of anecdotes about crazy errors. Unless you’ve gathered 70,000 anecdotes, and those anecdotes show 7,000 cases where testing facilities incorrectly claimed someone was positive, a few mistakes do not equal a massive conspiracy.

The people I'm talking about WERE NEVER TESTED. They signed up then got tired of waiting and left. Then they get a call that they are positive... that is not a "few mistakes" that is crap is what it is.

There ERs and Urgent Care Centers here are BORED to DEATH.. The news ran some boogey man piece about "over crowded" then facebook was filled with "We are the only ones here" with pictures to prove it. The hospitals where some of my family works have entire units shutdown due to a lack of patients. PRNs are getting zero hours and quitting...

Reactions: Rollem Cards

COVID
99.97 % recovery rate...... YAWN

The people I'm talking about WERE NEVER TESTED. They signed up then got tired of waiting and left. Then they get a call that they are positive... that is not a "few mistakes" that is crap is what it is.

There ERs and Urgent Care Centers here are BORED to DEATH.. The news ran some boogey man piece about "over crowded" then facebook was filled with "We are the only ones here" with pictures to prove it. The hospitals where some of my family works have entire units shutdown due to a lack of patients. PRNs are getting zero hours and quitting...

I have good friends that are doctors at UofL, in Georgia, in California and in Arizona. None of their experiences resembles what you keep spouting. I question the broad brush you are applying.

COVID
99.97 % recovery rate...... YAWN
Hmmm, according to the government there have been approximately 4M positive tests and 142K deaths. That would mean the recovery rate is 96.45% - not really quite as “yawn-worthy” as perhaps you thought.

Numbers are tricky...

From mid-March to mid-July, 180000 more Americans died than what would’ve been expected based on death trends. I wonder what drove that?

Hmmm, according to the government there have been approximately 4M positive tests and 142K deaths. That would mean the recovery rate is 96.45% - not really quite as “yawn-worthy” as perhaps you thought.

Numbers are tricky...
They are also reporting the actual infection rate is 7 to 10 times as high because a lot of people never got tested who had it. So at the low end the recovery rate would be approximately 99.5 %

They are also reporting the actual infection rate is 7 to 10 times as high because a lot of people never got tested who had it. So at the low end the recovery rate would be approximately 99.5 %
Yeah, but you don’t believe that do you? I mean - what good are statistics that you can’t cherry-pick to suit your agenda.

Amirite?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT