ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament thread

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
First pitch 11AM
Webster gets the start. The most consistent of our starters, Evan looks to keep the Hurricanes in check.

Let's go Cards!!

Reactions: Mayoman
Webster ahead on all three of those guys,not making them chase something out of the zone.

Games already over. I’ve told you all and told you all it’s time for a new head coach.

Geez 31 pitch first inning. Needed at least 5 innings out of Webster.

So King is on fire and you bat him 5th? Miami bats their home run hitter 3rd. McDonnell and his love for small ball. Rose should be hitting 2nd and King 3rd and I’m not even the coach.

Holy istsh we don't get any calls even when they're right there. JT was safe

That a boy McDonnell….base open and you pitch to a guy who has hit 22 dingers. He needs to go.

Louisville baseball won't be relevant again until something happens with the pitching staff. They clearly don't have the talent that they have had in years past, but the pitching the past two years has just simply been uncompetitive as a whole. Whether it be the coaching, recruiting, or a mixture of both, something has got to give

Reactions: Smithereen
Comes in not even close. They gets ahead and throws a pitch belt high middle of the plate to a guy that has hit 22 HR’s. Destroys it.

Pitchers have no clue how to pitch. Williams comes out to talk with him, you can tell by the body language pitcher wasn’t listening. That had a Bull Durham feel. Williams should have came back out said man that was hit a long way then yanked him.

Comes in not even close. They gets ahead and throws a pitch belt high middle of the plate to a guy that has hit 22 HR’s. Destroys it.

Pitchers have no clue how to pitch. Williams comes out to talk with him, you can tell by the body language pitcher wasn’t listening. That had a Bull Durham feel. Williams should have came back out said man that was hit a long way then yanked him.
I have to say when MAC was interviewed he sounded defeated. There has been zero juice in the dugout since before the game started.

Just based off how the kids are playing and their overall body language no one is having fun. They are all mad or appear to have negative energy.

MAC/Williams messaging is not having a positive impact with this group.

I have never liked Synder.

Reactions: rh62531
Just based off how the kids are playing and their overall body language no one is having fun. They are all mad or appear to have negative energy.

MAC/Williams messaging is not having a positive impact with this group.

I have never liked Synder.
I was just going to say how do you come into an elimination game this flat?

Looking ahead......Have to find a way to keep Zion Rose and Eddie King. SEC teams will be coming after both. I really can't think of any arms that are must keep.

Reactions: rh62531
The coaches approached this game like it mattered that is why you throw Webster. He lays an egg. Biven hasn’t been good lately so not sure why they come with him in that spot but he has been their best arm. He lays an egg.

Ultimately this is a talent issue along with a group of players that aren’t bought in. All that falls on the staff. Their job to figure out or leave coaching if they don’t embrace this new world.

Looking ahead......Have to find a way to keep Zion Rose and Eddie King. SEC teams will be coming after both. I really can't think of any arms that are must keep.
I would be shocked if they keep either. Rose looks absolutely miserable and he is playing great. King seems pretty level headed.

They have to test the market. Louisville won’t be able to match it if someone really wants them.

When you start the season 0-5 with losses with losses to Xavier, UCONN and St. Bonaventure, we should have known then something wasn’t right. Loss to WKU. The somewhat mysterious cancelled game vs IU. Lot of questions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT