ADVERTISEMENT

ACC CHAMPIONSHIP: LOUISVILLE VS FLORIDA STATE GAME THREAD

This is such a Brohm coaching moment. For Christ sakes it’s a 3rd string qb and it’s zero touchdowns for the offensive guru.

Did anyone see Plummer run straight to the locker room at the end of the game?
Bad performance and poor sportsmanship if he really did that! I saw a glimpse of Brock Domain and he looked devastated, probably thinking he could have done a better job which I think I agree

It is unfortunate Travis got hurt because they are legit on defense and he was good enough to make their offense score enough. If it is the best 4 teams they aren’t in because they aren’t good without him.

Jack did it again turning it over at the worst time. FG there and things get real interesting. Not sure Louisville doesn’t anything but it was a killer.

I don’t play Jack in the bowl. I play the younger guys. The bowl is about next year.

Don't see a reason to play Plummer in the bowl game, especially if there are several other players skipping the game.

We probably need to avoid an Ohio State or Oklahoma unless most of the guys decide to play. I would like to see someone like Kansas State or Missouri.

Reactions: UofLouisville
It won’t matter because our line against Ohio State, Alabama, or Georgia will be the same result. Completely dominated up front. That is just the reality.

Never upset when the better team wins. It shows the admin and coaches what they have to invest in moving forward.

I think it was all the Punters fault. Dammit their punter played better than our punter did.

I am trying to lighten up the mood around here guys. I feel turrible for the Defense who played their butts off. They only had two drops that could/should have been interceptions...the offense had several more drops.

And the FSU punter was smart for not kicking the ball that would surely been blocked and scooped up for a TD by the Cards. Hell the defense came closer to scoring a TD than the offense did.

And I agree with the poster up above that thought that Kurisky caught that ball in the EZ and it should have been given a more thorough review.

Yes, he had it on the way down landed on his side to back and when he hit the ground he still had it until it was simultaneously jarred loose by the ground and then the defenders arm/hand swipe. I always thought that the ground can not cause a fumble.

Nevertheless, the officials did not do their due process on that play IMO. And thast how I really feel about it.

My Hats off to FSU...the ACC got what it wanted and needed for the CFP...and tonight FSU earned the hard victory and we earned the bitter defeat.

On to the bowl game and good luck to FSU...do the conference proud...and win out.

Last edited:
I, for one (ok, many), hope we’ve seen the last of Plummer as a starting QB for us. I know he handled some situations well for us but he threw three interceptions in the end one this year. A Cardinal sin for any QB. He had one against UK, one last night and one in another game that I don’t recall (I just remember him saying he was trying to throw it away). It’s time to move on for the bowl game.

Secondly, I love the Brohm Bros. but do hold them responsible for having since August 1st to develop a more reliable QB. I mean we have 8 other QBs on the team and it’s really hard to believe that Plummer could have held an iron-clad grip on the job. I know Plummer’s play had a direct effect on the play calling. But why not give someone else a chance, especially when your starting QB is often a liability who has cost you games?

I, for one (ok, many), hope we’ve seen the last of Plummer as a starting QB for us. I know he handled some situations well for us but he threw three interceptions in the end one this year. A Cardinal sin for any QB. He had one against UK, one last night and one in another game that I don’t recall (I just remember him saying he was trying to throw it away). It’s time to move on for the bowl game.

Secondly, I love the Brohm Bros. but do hold them responsible for having since August 1st to develop a more reliable QB. I mean we have 8 other QBs on the team and it’s really hard to believe that Plummer could have held an iron-clad grip on the job. I know Plummer’s play had a direct effect on the play calling. But why not give someone else a chance, especially when your starting QB is often a liability who has cost you games?
That is why they get paid the big bucks. Ask them....what would their answer be???

Me: First 10 win season since when? What have you done for me lately? Last 2 games came up short and not ending the way those other 10 did??? Adversity and failure are the breeding grounds for excellence.

I am grateful this year for each and every W...but most grateful to watch in person the Cards not only play ND at home (which in itself is awesome) but beat the snot out of them too!

Got to see that game with my son (who flew in from NM)...something I only dreamed about in the 60's 70's 80's 90's...you get the picture. It was a historical feat to be there and be able to say: "I remember when we kicked ND ass"! That was a very special moment in my life, easily one neither me or my son will never forget.

There will be many moments with CJB as the Cardinal coach in the future just like that. And future championships to follow. Watch and see. This was only year one of a great story.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
The hate for Plummer is ridiculous. QB is the hardest and most important position on the field. The Pitt game was his worst game because of where the turnovers happened. The other 2 losses was a little bit of everything.

Also if Brohm wasn’t comfortable at any point to use the back ups then like Zipp said better be thankful they got him.

In most instances a QB gets too much credit when a team wins and too much blame when a team loses. An extraordinary QB one way or the other can lift a team or ruin it sure. But when a team wins 10 games your QB isn't awful. If JP was horrible they would have lost a few more and you might have seen another guy get a real shot. But that's not what it was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT