ADVERTISEMENT

A Honest Discussion

MDCardsFan

500+
Sep 21, 2015
As a lot of us wants a new DC after the season, let’s have a discussion about who we want and whoever we discuss does the defense scheme that Brohm does.

I’ll start as who we absolutely won’t ask, Charlie Strong. It’s not because he left to go to Texas, but what happened off the field.

Pretty confident no one was thrilled when Brohm brought English with him. We knew who English was, and we were not impressed. That said, the defense was pretty damn good last year, much to our surprise. It was a borderline top 20 defense. This year, yeah, things have soured a bit. The defense is currently ranked 72nd and trending downward. Fortunately, BC's offense is ranked 95th.

Anyway, if Brohm were to move on from English, I wouldn't mind going the younger route. Find an up and coming DC at a MAC or CUSA school.

Pretty confident no one was thrilled when Brohm brought English with him. We knew who English was, and we were not impressed. That said, the defense was pretty damn good last year, much to our surprise. It was a borderline top 20 defense. This year, yeah, things have soured a bit. The defense is currently ranked 72nd and trending downward. Fortunately, BC's offense is ranked 95th.

Anyway, if Brohm were to move on from English, I wouldn't mind going the younger route. Find an up and coming DC at a MAC or CUSA school.

Speaking of CUSA school, who was the DC @ WKU when Brohm was the head coach?

Ok.

Now we not only have to win, we have to do it morally.

Charlie can’t come back because it would alienate a huge donor.

But if he could I’d take him.

Ethics in intercollegiate sport left when NIL and open transfers came in.

Just win

Problem with Strong is no one else wants him either. When coaches fall they rarely find their way back. I think his success at Louisville was tied to his staff’s recruiting. Hurrt was a legit recruiter.

Jim Leonard/Hurrt would be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT