ADVERTISEMENT

#4 in Midwest

I think the 4 line is secure.Which 4 is still up for grabs.Seeding of 4 seeds probably determined by the conference tourneys.

I'm guessing #4 out west, or #5 Midwest, depending on result in our first ACC tourney game vs UNC. But just guess.

Originally posted by ajgcardman:
I'm guessing #4 out west, or #5 Midwest, depending on result in our first ACC tourney game vs UNC. But just guess.
I agree. The Cards might be able to slide as far up as a 2 seed IF they were to win the ACC tourney. Of course winning the ACC tourney would most likely mean wins over UNC, UVA, and Duke. If they do that in back to back to back games, they deserve a 2 seed.

We definitely need to win the ACC tourney. Then we get a 3 seed or possibly a 2 depending on what happens in other tourneys.

Haven't you all learned yet? We will be a 6 out west if we make the ACC championship. An 8 otherwise...

Originally posted by cardfan1569:
Haven't you all learned yet? We will be a 6 out west if we make the ACC championship. An 8 otherwise...
Its a yearly ritual to get hosed here... 1-3 spots below what the pundits think,

Duke will be in the South, Virginia will be in the East, ND will be in the Midwest, therefore we will be in the West due to bracketing principles

Originally posted by Knucklehank1:

Duke will be in the South, Virginia will be in the East, ND will be in the Midwest, therefore we will be in the West due to bracketing principles
This.

the top 4 in the ACC cant play in the NCAAT until the elite 8.

Unless the powers that be desire ANOTHER UofL vs cayuts matchup

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:

This.

I could see them sending Notre Dame out west and forcing the Cards to match up with UK in the Midwest bracket.

Duke in the East, Virginia in the South, ND out west with UK and UofL in the Midwest. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I don't think we'd get a #2 seed if we win each ACC tourney game by 20. I think best we do is a 3 seed. If we lose to UNC, I would guess we get a 5 seed, maybe even a 6.

We get screwed year in/year out by the committee. Why would this year be any different?

I just hope we are a 4/5 outside of UK's region. WOuld love if we get placed as we are currently in Lunardi's bracketology.

Originally posted by Cue Card:

This.

I could see them sending Notre Dame out west and forcing the Cards to match up with UK in the Midwest bracket.

Duke in the East, Virginia in the South, ND out west with UK and UofL in the Midwest. That wouldn't surprise me at all.
Wouldnt bother me. BRING ON Scat !

Originally posted by tn00nan:
I don't think we'd get a #2 seed if we win each ACC tourney game by 20. I think best we do is a 3 seed. If we lose to UNC, I would guess we get a 5 seed, maybe even a 6.

We get screwed year in/year out by the committee. Why would this year be any different?

I just hope we are a 4/5 outside of UK's region. WOuld love if we get placed as we are currently in Lunardi's bracketology.
IF (and that is a BIG if) the Cards were to beat UNC, Virginia, AND Duke in back to back to back games, at 27-7 they would in line for a 2 seed. I do not expect the Cards to win all those games so IMO this is what will happen.

0-1 and the Cards will get a 5 or 6 seed.
1-1 and the Cards get a 4 seed.
2-1 and the Cards get a 3 seed.
3-0 and the Cards get a 2 seed.

That's how I see it assuming the 3 games are played against UNC, Virginia, and Duke.

This.

Teams from the same conference can meet in the Round of 32 if they played each other only once prior to the NCAA Tournament, or in the Sweet Sixteen if they played twice, or in the Elite Eight if they played each other 3 times.

The first four teams from a conference seeded 1-4 have to be placed in separate regions.

If Louisville earns a 4 seed they will probably be placed in the West since Virginia, Duke, and Notre Dame would get the East, South, and Midwest.

If Louisville earns a 3 seed or 2 seed they might get the Midwest over Notre Dame, sending Notre Dame to the West.

If Louisville earns a 5 seed they could go anywhere.

I estimate the likelihood of Louisville and Kentucky being placed in the same half of the Midwest, setting up a possible Sweet Sixteen matchup, at less than 7%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT