ADVERTISEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard2Bluff

New Poster, Show Me Love
Sep 8, 2009
Not a scout member, but that must be where UL fans post??? Both bball and fball boards used to be booming.... not being a smart ass, but did something happen?

I think the mods were too trigger happy on their bans over here in the past. I must admit, for every click to this site, I have 20 clicks for the scout board. Just more volume there now-a-days.

Reactions: American Male
Steelers, American Male and even Kerry Rhoads can vouch Im not trolling.

Bluff is a Good Dude...He's UK Blue thru and thru...But he's NOT UK Blind!!!

Actually, there several Really Good UK Guys on the Main Board...Knowledge, Logic and Respect of other teams and fans...DAMN Fine Qualities in those Gentlemen!!!

:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Hard2Bluff
The Kragthorpe era just about doomed the free board here. The higher ups were a little too easily offended by people criticizing Kragy.

The Kragthorpe era just about doomed the free board here. The higher ups were a little too easily offended by people criticizing Kragy.

Yes, I still remember Jack Coffee going off on all of the Louisville fans. He was friends with Krags and went nuts bending over backwards defending him and vilifying UofL fans. I remember the entire saga finally ended. Jurich finally, after three terrible years finally fired him. It was over. I was listening to the radio that day expecting to move on and Coffee was on and he was freaking out on the radio waves, running down Louisville fans because apparently some flaming poo or something had been put on their porch (Krags) and he was outraged at the class of our fans. I was like, that sounds like neighborhood kids to me. I didn't know the UofL fans knew where he lived. I don't know where any coaches have ever lived. Also, why do you assume it was "UofL" fans which he is a fan himself, and not just a neighborhood teen age prank. Why did the general public even need to know that? Why is he taking to the air waves to run down Louisville fans (I guess he didn't consider himself part of the group) over something he doesn't even know ONE Louisville fan even did.

Yeah, that was a fun time.

Yeah, that was a bad time to be around the boards. I supported HWSNBN the first year. Knowing that we had the potential to be a top 10-15 team and fell apart. I chalked it up to transition of the coaching staff.

Year 2: We were short about 20 players Petrino had recruited due to the fact that the players themselves had seen this guy was sham, or had flunked out. The guy had no idea that if you leave a 20 year old college kid to his own devices he might not go to class.Yet i still thought keep the faith.

Year 3: You knew it was going downhill from the get go. We were replacing the guys who had transferred, or just flat out quit with Juco's and Div. 2 type players. It was plain early on in the season that this guy was a clueless wanker. I'll never forget the endless misery of watching Vic Anderson (our scat back) run short yardage plays up the gut on 3rd and 16. Followed by Broc Bolen (our big back) run a jet sweep. Morale at this point was at an all time low.The fans were voicing their opinions, and the mods weren't shy about deleting posts or suspending members.

It was obvious at that point HWSNBN success at Tulsa was basically Todd Graham coaching the team and that guy was just a figurehead. Tulsa never missed a beat with Graham as HC and he eventually got the HC gig at Pitt. Jurich has hit some homerun hires in his time, but this one was definitely a strikeout.

Last edited:
Yes, I still remember Jack Coffee going off on all of the Louisville fans. He was friends with Krags and went nuts bending over backwards defending him and vilifying UofL fans. I remember the entire saga finally ended. Jurich finally, after three terrible years finally fired him. It was over. I was listening to the radio that day expecting to move on and Coffee was on and he was freaking out on the radio waves, running down Louisville fans because apparently some flaming poo or something had been put on their porch (Krags) and he was outraged at the class of our fans. I was like, that sounds like neighborhood kids to me. I didn't know the UofL fans knew where he lived. I don't know where any coaches have ever lived. Also, why do you assume it was "UofL" fans which he is a fan himself, and not just a neighborhood teen age prank. Why did the general public even need to know that? Why is he taking to the air waves to run down Louisville fans (I guess he didn't consider himself part of the group) over something he doesn't even know ONE Louisville fan even did.

Yeah, that was a fun time.

Yep! Not only was Kragthorpe a horrible coach, he severely fractured the fan base. I think this site did take a hit as a result. I've been here since day one. I'm not going to let a little pissing and moaning drive me away.

Yep! Not only was Kragthorpe a horrible coach, he severely fractured the fan base. I think this site did take a hit as a result. I've been here since day one. I'm not going to let a little pissing and moaning drive me away.

Yes, I'm pretty sure they banned a lot of posters during that time and scout would let people just say their peace so I'd bet the number of posters increased there while it decreased here.

A little off topic but thinking about how the posting has gone on this site over the last 8-9 years has me remembering some odd ball guy that was always getting people riled up here who called himself "Cardsdominance" or "CardinalDominance" does anyone remember that guy? He was weird.

Don't know about the politics I think I joined right after Krags left. I've had fun here but lately it's been slow but I thought it was the time of year. I'm also a Scout member but to be honest I hadn't been on there much. Last week I got my password updated and it is a lot more active than here. I'll probably visit both as I enjoy everyone's view and debates.

The football people here are smart and knowledgeable. I like the way some of them carry themselves and they seem very rational about how and what we do. I also enjoy supporting those who have somehow managed to avoid banning at the UK site. For me, my leash was always about 6 inches long and I went that extra foot, lol. I am so hated over there, I floss with their anger. :)

Not a scout member, but that must be where UL fans post??? Both bball and fball boards used to be booming.... not being a smart ass, but did something happen?
Same ole same ole about this time of year. I've been on this site since the beginning, which btw was the first site of its kind and every year there is a post about how slow or how much better another site is somewhere else. These types of posts are usually started by posters I don't recognize (wonder why that is the case), but I don't visit any other sites so I'm sure that's the reason. Mean while this site stays together, continues on with the same partnerships year after year.

Reactions: Hard2Bluff
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT