ADVERTISEMENT

'21 Football Schedule is here

PHCARD

Apr 6, 2007

Thoughts? Is it going to be a normal attendance, semi-normal or absolute craziness like '20? I have so many questions that need to be answered before I will even commit. I will not participate in Covid guidelines if it's pans out like last year.

We have many unanswered questions about coaches and the team members so far. How do you see the Cards doing against this schedule?

5 days before traveling to Duke.
That’s unacceptable.

So depending on game times of Cuse/Duke, looking at maybe 3 days of prep. The long 9 day stretch to KY can be beneficial for injuries or too long to be into a good flow when the whistle blows.

Reactions: gocds
5-7 wins is the range I see as of now. I see some good players, but what is our identity? What is the one thing we’re great at as a team?

Our whole game plan the last few years relied on Tutu & Javian making big plays, so who will replace all the production? Will Malik be better?

The offensive line was getting better, but losing Ledford hurts. It’s hard to find anyone better, as we’re young in that spot.

The defense improved, but still lacks size and talent. Can they hold up for a 12 game schedule?

Luckily, Notre Dame isn’t on the schedule and the ACC is pretty bad now. We’ll have some wins, but I just see an average group. Now give it another year when he depth and young guys fill out the roster, I’ll feel better.

Reactions: PHCARD
I see 11 very tough games. UCF is as tough as everybody on our schedule with the likely exception of Clemson.

I expect us to continue our dramatic improvement on defense in year 3, and to be just about as good at moving the ball on offense under the leadership of a senior QB and our offensive minded head coach.

I think we will have a team that should have a winning season. It could be a spectacular season (9+ wins) if we are significantly better at protecting the football this year.

We're playing Ole Miss in Atlanta? I think college football needs to get away from neutral field games at least for a while.

Many fanbases didn't get to see their team at home last year at all, and now we're going into 2021 and the schools decide to take away 1 more home game?

Plus, how big will the crowd even be in Atlanta? I have no idea how well Mississippi fans travel.

Covid will still be around in the Fall.

Just seems like a bad idea to play this game in Atlanta for multiple reasons.

We're playing Ole Miss in Atlanta? I think college football needs to get away from neutral field games at least for a while.

Many fanbases didn't get to see their team at home last year at all, and now we're going into 2021 and the schools decide to take away 1 more home game?

Plus, how big will the crowd even be in Atlanta? I have no idea how well Mississippi fans travel.

Covid will still be around in the Fall.

Just seems like a bad idea to play this game in Atlanta for multiple reasons.

This game was booked like 5 or so years ago. Personally I’d rather go to a neutral site opening game rather than a mid-tier bowl game. When we played Auburn in Atlanta we had a good crowd there. Auburn had a very large crowd. I’d expect Ole Miss will have a large crowd with their team now bowl eligible under Kiffin.

I don’t know where to begin on picking a win prediction. Clemson will probably take a step back, but will still be good enough to shred us. If we can get a solid pass rush, our defense will make another huge leap again in 2021. That will leave it to the offense (with a new coordinator) to stop coughing the ball up.

There are a lot of good teams on the schedule, but only one truly formidable team. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Going back to the Ole Miss game.

I’m glad it’s week one, so we’ll have time to prep. But guys, this is going to be the best offense we will play all year. They are fast and they score points. Kiffin can call plays.

I still feel like our secondary just isn’t very talented and they’re going to be in for a rough week 1, but Ole Miss doesn’t play defense either.

Luckily we won’t see an offense like that the rest of the year. Now Clemson is the best overall team we’ll play, but that’s a different type of domination.

As for UCF? New coach, but always a good team. But in year 3, I expect to win.

Without seeing what you guys have, it's impossible for me to say. Losing Hawkins will hurt bad,
And it will take a bit to work some kinks out. If it were last year I'd say the Cards and the Rebels would burn out the scoreboard.
I see Ol Miss and Clemson as losses with UCF a dog fight. I believe you will be nip and tuck with the rest.Somewhere around 6 to 8 wins for the University of Louisville.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT