ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING: 2025 5* Forward Nate Ament Visiting UofL 10-11-24

Warrenton, Va., Highland School five-star power forward Nate Ament is expected to arrive in Louisville early Friday morning for the start of his official visit. Ament is ranked as the No. 4 prospect in the Class of 2025, according to the 247Sports Rankings and the 247Sports Composite Rankings. He'll be on campus until Sunday morning.

"Louisville has a great coaching staff, great people," Ament told Cardinal Authority in August. "They say I am one of the No. 1 priorities. They have been great to me, they have been talking to me all the time and just keeping in touch with me a lot. I really like those guys at Louisville."

Reactions: rh62531
Would be huge if Kelsey lands both Ament and Henderson for next year. Hopefully the Boozer twins committing to Duke helps these two towards UofL as they might be a package deal.

At the very least the Boozers committing should start a domino effect of others deciding where to go.
Cayden is a PG ,Cameron is a PF .

There may be other reasons in play even though they don't play the same position. But maybe not. Maybe all four guys end up at Duke.
I really want to see how Kelsey handles 25 class. Thing is he was able to get portal guys to buy into coming off the bench. Because the roster was totally empty. Next season he has a few slated to return that more than likely want to start. And with him trying get multiple HS 4 and 5 stars. Whom i'm willing to bet especially the 5 stars are not wanting to come off the bench. I read where at C of C , he recruited a certain way but he is now dealing with an entirely diffrent mindest of kids on this level.

Duke,UK (Calipari),Kansas ,NC and now Ark (Calipari) , get away with multiple guys at positions because these schools have the NBA cache to back it up. Kelsey going too have really sell some cars to win over these kds.

Last edited:
Reactions: shadow force
These kids probably change their minds within an hour. They've got everyone in their ear offering them something. In the end, it probably comes down to who is offering the most $. Promises on PT and usage probably factor into it a little, style of play. But everything is a distant second to the cash flow.

It's no secret that Ament (Henderson too) has dozens of offers and many from prestigious basketball programs. He's not a UofL lock by any means.

It's already been put out how the recruiting game works now. 5 star NBA level kids are not speaking without a 7 fig offer . Both 4 star and 5 stars demand a payment to visit. It's sad nothing but a bidding war and for the 5 star you better have a track record of NBA player deelopment.

Last edited:
It is rather hilarious how people track this stuff. You wonder if texts are just forwarded with the $ offers to show which program is in the "lead" :)

Free markets doing their thing. Good to see kids getting their value.

I think in the next couple of years of this maybe UofL leadership will have a better pulse on where this program fits in with it all.

If you are outbid every time, may want to stop wasting your time on that level of a player.

We'll find out!

It is rather hilarious how people track this stuff. You wonder if texts are just forwarded with the $ offers to show which program is in the "lead" :)

Free markets doing their thing. Good to see kids getting their value.

I think in the next couple of years of this maybe UofL leadership will have a better pulse on where this program fits in with it all.

If you are outbid every time, may want to stop wasting your time on that level of a player.

We'll find out!
LOL, their worth dribbling and throwing a leather ball is worth hundred thousandths and millions. All i've done in my life is be a democracy protector of freedom and rights. Military and Law Enforcement for two pensions and a VA comp not equaling anything close to some teens. Good ole American capitalism.

This is a concern. You want the Cards to go after the best talent but they've never been able to consistently get 5 star guys. Never had a one and done. I trust Kelsey knows what he's doing but you have to wonder if letting guys like Singleton get away is a wise choice or not. From indications, CPK and staff let off the gas on Tre after his visit here and didn't visit him very often afterward. Not saying he was a guarantee here, but sounds Cards chances with him were pretty high.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
This is a concern. You want the Cards to go after the best talent but they've never been able to consistently get 5 star guys. Never had a one and done. I trust Kelsey knows what he's doing but you have to wonder if letting guys like Singleton get away is a wise choice or not. From indications, CPK and staff let off the gas on Tre after his visit here and didn't visit him very often afterward. Not saying he was a guarantee here, but sounds Cards chances with him were pretty high.
Something else yell Kelsey has energy and is saying all the right things. People are eating it up . However he is not perfect. And i wonder if he is taking being at U of L for granted going after bigger fish. If he is this player deeloper eerybody saying he is . He needs to stick within the 3 and 4 star area. Just as you state elite level NBA kids re not the norm here.

And the local media can spin and blow it off all they want about Singleton . That was a bad miss by not getting this kid. That's been a complaint for along time about not taking the better locals. And it continues. His mom is a member at my church and are Card fans just saying..

And Pope is locking down all the best in KY.With the exception of Denny . Amazes me how little regard the other coaches had for local talent. Mainly Rick as the better ones were around during his regime mostly.

Last edited:
I know I'm repeating myself but it's probably just a matter of how much $. If somebody is coming in with more, that's it.

But I admit we don't know for sure.

I personally don't care if they ever land another 5* guy. I'm not going to do deep dive research on it, but I glanced at the 5* crew from last year and not many did much. Sure a few are back for year two so they can still get it going. Not sure how many moved on. A couple just went G league. It's a one-year contract these days in a lot of cases, not sure how many 5* guys transferred or went pro.

I'm literally okay with one or two 4* HS guys with the hopes you can get some kind of buy in to stick around a few years and just surround them with portal dudes. But even those guys probably hit the portal. So I can't lose much sleep on any of them!

It's just so early in all this it's hard to say what works. That F4 last year was littered with transfers on all the rosters. UCONN had one 5* FR big time guy Castle I think. We are never getting NBA year one talent. If we do it's just a total anomaly.

LOL, their worth dribbling and throwing a leather ball is worth hundred thousandths and millions. All i've done in my life is be a democracy protector of freedom and rights. Military and Law Enforcement for two pensions and a VA comp not equaling anything close to some teens. Good ole American capitalism.
Entertainers make that kind of $. Always have. They own a unique set of skills that separates 'em from everyone else. Actors, musicians, athletes, etc. They generate a lot of $ and eyeballs, and the market values 'em.

I salute you for everything you've done. Seriously.

Sounds like this new era disgusts you. You probably need to walk away from it. Good luck.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT