ADVERTISEMENT

#1 RB, Rueben Owens Commits To Cards

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
The Class of 2023 for the University of Louisville football program just got even better.

The Cardinals landed a commitment on Monday afternoon from El Campo, Tx., running back Rueben Owens, who is ranked as the No. 16 player in the '23 class nationally and the No. 1 running back in the nation.

It's cool for the optics for the program. However when it comes to FB recruiting especially a highly ranked player until they sign and hit campus your chances of holding them are very slim. Even the major schools lose these type at the last minute. Enjoy the spotlight while it shines

It's cool for the optics for the program. However when it comes to FB recruiting especially a highly ranked player until they sign and hit campus your chances of holding them are very slim. Even the major schools lose these type at the last minute. Enjoy the spotlight while it shines
Wow! And I thought I was the pessimistic Cards fan. I too agree that keeping these top recruits is questionable, but now in the era of NIL, I think things may be different. If these kids cared more about playing for a traditional powerhouse, they wouldn't waste their time committing here.

I really believe this is the Lamar Jackson affect, especially with Clarkson and he's been the best recruiter Satterfield has.

So I'm thinking we have a 80 percent chance of keeping the big 4.

Just he fact that he committed will send a message to other high profile recruits. We have a great class so far with other high profile recruits it looks like that snow ball is rolling down hill in a good way.

Reactions: shadow force
Thanks for the optimism.

• Haha
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Just he fact that he committed will send a message to other high profile recruits. We have a great class so far with other high profile recruits it looks like that snow ball is rolling down hill in a good way.
This. It’s on ESPN’s scroll. Huge exposure for Louisville. Not sure what Satt is doing, but he’s killing it on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: shadow force
I understood why they never saw this kind of success but I always thought with their NFL success the right coach/plan could attract high level players. NIL plus this staff plan has started pay dividends.

NIL and the transfer portal will spread out talent. Then add the playoff in a couple years college football will become more competitive across the board.

The SEC was way out front of the paying of players while others were trying to follow the rules.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Apparently he is also shutting down his recruitment ... NIL has changed a lot of thing.

Apparently he is also shutting down his recruitment ... NIL has changed a lot of thing.

So the says the word of a 17 year old heck i don't take anything my 26 year old daughter says as truth in which most of her crap is bs . Just like all these new generation of young ems.. I'm happy for Satt but until he signs i'll just enjoy the optics and excitement.

So the says the word of a 17 year old heck i don't take anything my 26 year old daughter says as truth in which most of her crap is bs . Just like all these new generation of young ems.. I'm happy for Satt but until he signs i'll just enjoy the optics and excitement.
I did say apparently ..

Enjoy the optics ... but as of right now Louisville has 3 Top 100 Overall Recruit’s for 2023 ... in December it will or not become official ... but I know they are not happy in Austin, Texas over this and it made Front Page on ESPN and CBS Sports

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Doesn't sound like you're enjoying anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
I don’t know a lot about NIL deals but you would think that if it involves a lot of money like one would think there would have to be a contract. I wonder if someone agrees to the NIL deal from any university if that is a binding contract which would prevent that recruit from going to another school.

Apparently, Rueben just got himself a new 502 tattoo. Sounds serious with The Ville. :cool:
FWCQ2TaXkAAzJQ2

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT