ADVERTISEMENT

1/16/21 LOUISVILLE VS MIAMI GAME THREAD- 8:00 ACCN

The 3-point shooting (15%) and lack of team defensive effort is what killed us against Miami. This team is playing with a 6-8 center. If you want to beat a conference team on the road with a small lineup, you have to play defense and/or hit at least 30% of your threes.

Miami shot 49% from the floor and 40% from the three point line.

I was wrong, I should’ve said slightly better than average. I hope that y’all are right, but I don’t think his style will work well in tournaments, especially if we have a cold shooting night. Miami was missing four starters from an already mediocre team.

One trend that concerns me is this "falling asleep syndrome" that the team shows once in while, especially towards the end of the season. And their trend of getting a nice lead and then losing it. Focus. I feel lucky as can be we have Mack (see Indiana for reference if it helps) but that is an area he needs to work on. Can't fall asleep in March.

We have guys this year who can drive the line, draw contact, and either get to the line or make a layup - or both. Big strong, bulldog kind of players. It seemed to work well when they did it on Saturday, but they settled too much for jump shots. And the effort - seemed to lose every lose ball scramble. I liked how Miami's guys would get their hand on the ball after a missed shot - even if they didn't rebound right away they'd tip it to a guy who would because of their effort.

I look for a better performance tonight.

I'm sorry Fl.St is just a terrible terrible match up for this team. I know anything can happen but thats what its going take devine intervention.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT