ADVERTISEMENT

“We’ll Be Ready If The NBA Is Ever Ready For Us” - Dan Issel

Louisville simply cannot support an NBA team, lol. This is not hard. If every UK and UofL fan in the city suddenly converted to rabid pro fans, then there is a chance they would pay increasingly high prices for tickets, yes, but the donations to the university which have allowed Louisville athletics to thrive will not be donated to an NBA team. They will find other outlets, undoubtedly not athletic. Combine that with the 40 games a year teams literally mail in because of the overexposure and you have a boring product. The beauty of the college game is effort, spirit and unfolding chemistry. Sometimes that happens with pro franchises, too. I guess you could wish it.

Calipari;s tenure at Memphis was an absolute study in tawdry, complaining mediocrity until he discovered World Wide Wes. LOL, even Memphis fans admit this. But congratulations on having him coach your franchise. He's quite the ethical midget.
You obviously do not watch the NBA.

'Splain for us what you have to personally watch when the players admit to going three-quarters speed three-quarters of the time. WTH do you think Senore meant?...
Show me where the players "admit to going three-quarters speed three-quarters of the time". Do you watch the NBA?

Show me where the players "admit to going three-quarters speed three-quarters of the time". Do you watch the NBA?
I've lived in or near NBA cities for half my life - Portland, Seattle, the Warriors. This has been a local topic so often that it has literally been accepted as fact. The truth is there are too many games and. when the road games tend to pile up on back-to-back nights, they have become a betting lock. Especially games after OT games. Never bet the visitor.

So, yeah. I "watch" the NBA. Less than ever.

Common knowledge the NBA produces many paycheck players on bad teams.

Rookies go strong for a while until the are established.

You do see those fringe types without guaranteed contracts giving it all, but once they get paid they too take the foot off the gas. The D league guys getting the call.

As others have said the top players don't want to play the amount of games scheduled, meaning there are many nights fans get a half-baked product.

Thems are the facts.

The more money NBA players make, the less basketball they try to play. The only people who argue against that are NBA wonks...

Reactions: Mayoman
So I assume your simple minded bullying style prohibits you from responding and backing up your statement that players admitted to playing at less than full strength. I get your links that say that want to play less games less often, but that is not what you originally accused them of. Show me something that supports your position and I will engage you. Otherwise, I will just assume you, and your ilk like Kozmos, will continue to bully a board and just make stuff up to fuel your agenda. You don't impress me at all.
Maybe I missed it... Did anyone here say they were trying to impress slapd!cks?

You don't wanna read what you don't wanna read. That's on you...

So I assume your simple minded bullying style prohibits you from responding and backing up your statement that players admitted to playing at less than full strength. I get your links that say that want to play less games less often, but that is not what you originally accused them of. Show me something that supports your position and I will engage you. Otherwise, I will just assume you, and your ilk like Kozmos, will continue to bully a board and just make stuff up to fuel your agenda. You don't impress me at all.
Someome give this poor slapdick a cookie. Poor victim of bullying and all.....we so mean.
8012d5ca-eb39-4901-91a0-0bdddec883b8.jpg

Reactions: Mayoman
Maybe I missed it... Did anyone here say they were trying to impress slapd!cks?

You don't wanna read what you don't wanna read. That's on you...
So you are going to continue to refuse to support your statement that NBA players admitted to playing at partial strength during a game? You and your buddies here can make up all of the cute names you want to describe someone that happens to cheer for 18-22 year old kids that wear a different color than the 18-22 year old kids you cheer for. But, it will not change the fact that you are ignoring the fact that you were asked to defend a statement you made, and you have deflected by name calling for several days, because your statement is untrue. If you admit that you made an untrue statement, accidentally or otherwise, I will relent. At least answer my question. You and your buddies that are smarting off about me not being able to read and need pictures are deflecting. Show me one sentence in one article that says what you said about players giving less than full effort when they are playing. Please don't tell me to re-read. Point out the sentence.

So you are going to continue to refuse to support your statement that NBA players admitted to playing at partial strength during a game? You and your buddies here can make up all of the cute names you want to describe someone that happens to cheer for 18-22 year old kids that wear a different color than the 18-22 year old kids you cheer for. But, it will not change the fact that you are ignoring the fact that you were asked to defend a statement you made, and you have deflected by name calling for several days, because your statement is untrue. If you admit that you made an untrue statement, accidentally or otherwise, I will relent. At least answer my question. You and your buddies that are smarting off about me not being able to read and need pictures are deflecting. Show me one sentence in one article that says what you said about players giving less than full effort when they are playing. Please don't tell me to re-read. Point out the sentence.
The effect of constant travel in the NBA and too many consecutive games have engendered studies such as the one below made by various people - not just these authors. Living in a city with an NBA - if you actually watch - shows players "hitting the wall". Particuarly if your NBA team is unused to the playoffs (imagine being a Clipper or historical Nets/Wizards
fan)..........

"By mid-season, players have already hit a common notion of a “wall.” They’re sick of travel, sick of not being physically and mentally prepared, sick of missing their homes and families, sick of rowdy opposing fans. Quite frankly, a lot of them are simply sick of basketball.

The playoff picture starts solidifying, and players lose hope if their team doesn’t have a legitimate chance at winning a championship, let alone winning a playoff game. When they realize their championship aspirations are unattainable, they shut down.

That “wall” is made much larger by all the complications caused by unreliable flights, irregular sleep patterns, different time zones, poor eating habits, “side attractions” available within all cities, among the tedium of playing basketball five hours a day, every day.

Some players break through it as the playoffs near, but teams out of contention let that wall crumble on their heads, hopefully resulting in some new building blocks acquirable in the draft."

https://watermark.silverchair.com/s...DuKy4CyVl_RHWzgTdkAPLtyEz_lu6bFy4w5jQcsEEURNA

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
I'll get into further debate on whether NBA players wanna give it 100% when you address the info in multiple links in this thread that they DON'T wanna put out 100%.

THAT is the issue with the NBA whether you wanna have that discussion or not. THAT is what this thread's about. In true slapd!ck fashion, you're intentionally sidestepping the central issue because you don't wanna address the obvious. That's on you...

I'll get into further debate on whether NBA players wanna give it 100% when you address the info in multiple links in this thread that they DON'T wanna put out 100%.

THAT is the issue with the NBA whether you wanna have that discussion or not. THAT is what this thread's about. In true slapd!ck fashion, you're intentionally sidestepping the central issue because you don't wanna address the obvious. That's on you...
LOL, many UK fans stop in here for the express purpose of being the guy who goes back to the other rivals site and brags how he put Zipp in his place, lol. For them, the mere sophistry of their wording is a huge win which they use in Possum Trot to put people in their place, lol. This guy could not care less about the content of his argument. He is either a bullshit artist or else has never really paid attention to the ongoing and very current issues of pro basketball players. I guess he believe his impression of events is all that is required......the very definition, in fact, of a UK Expert in any sport. UK football talk remains my personal fave, lol, watching pontifications on "what it takes to be excellent." o_O

If you watch NBA games, you can see the difference in the effort in the first three quarters compared to the effort expended in the fourth quarter. It's what did CRP in. He wanted his players to press and defend for 48 minutes every night, and they rebelled. For a team that reaches the finals, you're talking about 100+ games. They can't do what this slapdick suggests.

THAT is the issue with the NBA whether you wanna have that discussion or not. THAT is what this thread's about. In true slapd!ck fashion, you're intentionally sidestepping the central issue because you don't wanna address the obvious
. That's on you...
I didn't get in this conversation until you said players admitted to giving 75% effort 75% of the time. I asked you to support that statement. Now you say that your statement is not the real issue. That was the issue I asked you to support. You obviously can't support the statement YOU MADE. So, I assume you made it up. If there is any proof of players admitting that, you would have showed it by now instead of sending links to issues that are similar, but have nothing to do with players admitting to giving less than full effort.

I didn't get in this conversation until you said players admitted to giving 75% effort 75% of the time. I asked you to support that statement. Now you say that your statement is not the real issue. That was the issue I asked you to support. You obviously can't support the statement YOU MADE. So, I assume you made it up. If there is any proof of players admitting that, you would have showed it by now instead of sending links to issues that are similar, but have nothing to do with players admitting to giving less than full effort.
You don't get to make up issues to redirect a thread. No uninvited slapd!ck does although you all try. Players don't put out, they try to take off and get away with playing at three-quarters speed. You denying that? Of course not...

Reactions: Senore2006
You don't get to make up issues to redirect a thread. No uninvited slapd!ck does although you all try. Players don't put out, they try to take off and get away with playing at three-quarters speed. You denying that? Of course not...
Ha ha, by his own modest admission, he wins the argument. That is the UK in him.

Reactions: zipp
[
Most people agree with you that down the stretch players let off the gas depending on seeding and situation. Coaches rest players and try to set up a healthy and rested roster for the post season. Why didn’t you just say so in your own words? I don’t know why you had to make up a quote that didn’t exist. All that drama for what?

Its not about the CITY of Louisville benefiting, its about the UNIVERSITY of Louisville benefiting in that world. You're in an argument going nowhere.

The only argument they can fall back on is greedy owners forcing the city to pay for an arena(even though one is already built and could afford 41 more big revenue nights a year) and UK fans want it so it has to be bad. Everything else is about corporate sponsors diverting some of their funds to a pro team.

Corporate spnsors are already diverting their money to the Kentucky Derby, Thunder Over Louisville, Valhalla PGA Events and several other programs including the Fund for the Arts, etc. Zipp does make a great point about the NBA and Cincinnati - bigger market, more Kentucky fans, already considered a “pro city”. Much larger fan base there that probably a has better chance to find the sugar daddy billionaire Issel and Grissom have not been able to get. Surely Bevin could make it happen there.

Reactions: zipp
Most people agree with you that down the stretch players let off the gas depending on seeding and situation. Coaches rest players and try to set up a healthy and rested roster for the post season. Why didn’t you just say so in your own words? I don’t know why you had to make up a quote that didn’t exist. All that drama for what?
I must not be familiar with my own quotes. Can you please flag the post where I said I was quoting an NBA player? I'll gladly correct what I've written.

Or is it that slapd!cks for some reason try too hard to be right on a U of L message board? Please explain that for me...

Reactions: CommodoreCard
I did not make up an issue an try to redirect this thread. You made a comment that was an assertion of fact that players admitted to playing at 75% effort 75% of the time. That was an untruthful statement that I asked you to support. You started this issue and are unable to support your direct statement. My father gave me great advice when my youngest child was born: "You can't win an argument with a child, so don't try." I'm taking his advice. I'm done with you.
You can't address the central issue which is why you're "done". And you refuse to even try because there is no argument against overwhelming evidence otherwise. You're not fooling anyone...

Here it is. You claim that players have admitted to something you can't support. Admit that you made that up.

I tried to follow up but have evidently been banned because Zipp can't keep up. I see how you people do things around here. Anyone on this board, UL fan or UK fan, needs to tell Zipp and the people running this thing that it is crap that all you get is Zipp's bs opinions, and then if you make a good argument, you get banned. Let's see if this editing a post after being banned works.
Here what is? You're on a tangent to nowhere. I never said I was quoting anyone, much less name a person or give a reference.

Slapd!cks like speaking for others. But like you, they generally end up arguing with themselves. I know it must be frustrating dealing with "us people". Did someone ask you to?...

Last edited:
I must not be familiar with my own quotes. Can you please flag the post where I said I was quoting an NBA player? I'll gladly correct what I've written.

Or is it that slapd!cks for some reason try too hard to be right on a U of L message board? Please explain that for me...

Ok I’ll clarify. You didn’t post a quote that didn’t exist afterall. You posted that players have “admitted” to going three quarters speed three quarters of the time. No one has apparently ever admitted to that. You did provide a bunch of links but still, no proof that any players actually said that. I assume you were just paraphrasing. Am I wrong?

...I assume you were just paraphrasing. Am I wrong?
Unless that or using shorthand is against the rules. I'll try to be more careful next time. :D

I understand that slappies hang on my every word...

Gladly correct it.
Unless that or using shorthand is against the rules. I'll try to be more careful next time. :D

I understand that slappies hang on my every word...
You weren't using shorthand. You said players admitted something they didn't. That is a lie.

Gladly correct it.

You weren't using shorthand. You said players admitted something they didn't. That is a lie.
You don't comprehend, and you think you speak for others. At most, you speak for slapd!cks.

And I thought you said you were "done"? Were you lying?...

I lived in Indy for 5 years. It was common knowledge among the Pacers fan base that games played in late Dec, Jan and most of Feb were played “half-assed” unless it was a big prime time game. I don’t see why these Ky fans over here are so obsessed over this, other to only cause trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT