ADVERTISEMENT

“We’ll Be Ready If The NBA Is Ever Ready For Us” - Dan Issel

I don't want an NBA team for multiple reasons, first it would take corporate sponsors and ticket holders away from U of L. Second in order for the city to help pay for the cost of an NBA team your property taxes will probably double. I also enjoyed the Ky Colonels back in the day.
If you can remember the Colonel games you can also remember U of L was only drawing about 11,000 a game at that time. I don't think the city will support 2 teams.

I don't want an NBA team for multiple reasons, first it would take corporate sponsors and ticket holders away from U of L. Second in order for the city to help pay for the cost of an NBA team your property taxes will probably double. I also enjoyed the Ky Colonels back in the day.
If you can remember the Colonel games you can also remember U of L was only drawing about 11,000 a game at that time. I don't think the city will support 2 teams.
UofL is already pricing fans out of the areana by charging NBA rates for their tickets. To take my wife and two kids and buy the usual food and drinks just to watch them play some scrub team is well North of a $100.

UofL is already pricing fans out of the areana by charging NBA rates for their tickets. To take my wife and two kids and buy the usual food and drinks just to watch them play some scrub team is well North of a $100.

So you want the NBA? Yep as soon as they don’t get what they want they’re holding the city hostage.

Dan’s full of crap their not ready. They don’t have the billion dollar person yet. And we’re 4th or 5th on the list.

Yep I remember going to the Colonels, but I have 10x the memories of times watching the Cards. With my dad, son, and daughter. You can keep the NBA and that SuCk player Dan. He would just as soon bury the Cards and we have fans kissing his a$$

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Welcoming in a Pro Team is tantamount to selling your soul as well as your earthly belongings.. They specialize in the rarest and most sophisticated of black mails - "Your city needs to give us the tx breaks we poor bastids need to make ends meet plus build a half billion dollar arena on your dime so we can live the style to which we are accustomed. Otherwise, we move. Tampa could use a team and Seattle and Vancouver are always there and they have bored billionaires.."

Issel pimps the crap out of this because he needs a job.

Last edited:
Welcoming in a Pro Team is tantamount to selling your soul as well as your earthly belongings.. They specialize in the rarest and most sophisticated of black mails - "Your city needs to give us the tx breaks we poor bastids need to make ends meet plus build a half billion dollar arena on your dime so we can live the style to which we are accustomed. Otherwise, we move. Tampa could use a team and Seattle and Vancouver are always there and they have bored billionaires.."

Issel pimps the crap out of this because he needs a job.

Where is the love button?

Actually a great deal. The AVERAGE NBA 2017 ticket was $78 a game. So for your family of four the tickets alone before another $100 for food and drinks would be $312 rounding out to about $400 for the evening. This is why the NBA is crazy for Louisville. An average fan is complaining about a $100 evening out for 4, one of the best values in sports.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Loved going to Colonel games. I would go to a Louisville NBA game in a second.
I have great memories of going to the Colonel games too as a child. My Dad took me and it was great watching Issel, Gilmore, Ladner and my favorite player at that time, Louie Dampier. Great memories for sure.
The Kentucky Colonels, my 2nd favorite team ever. Issel, Gilmore, Dampier & The best PA man in history the late John Tong in Freedom Hall, it just didn't/doesn't get any better than that.

I think it would be awesome if the NBA could make it work in Louisville. If you are a true basketball fan, the NBA is where it's at. The players in that league are the very best in the world, period. The athletic ability of the average NBA player is off the charts, it truly is amazing.

I do not know if it would work in Louisville. The disdain on this board is off the charts, and it comes off as petty, it really does.

Reactions: teamcanada
I think it would be awesome if the NBA could make it work in Louisville. If you are a true basketball fan, the NBA is where it's at. The players in that league are the very best in the world, period. The athletic ability of the average NBA player is off the charts, it truly is amazing.

I do not know if it would work in Louisville. The disdain on this board is off the charts, and it comes off as petty, it really does.

I’m a true college fan could careless for the NBA!

Reactions: cocoa and zipp
The NBA sucks, and it sucks more with each passing year. Although we're plagued with a purpose-built arena for it, thank God it's not poisoning our community (yet)...

The NBA sucks, and it sucks more with each passing year. Although we're plagued with a purpose-built arena for it, thank God it's not poisoning our community (yet)...
Out of curiosity, how would it poison the community?

I’m not a huge nba fan but it’s been said that we are experiencing the third golden age of the nba. But I get it. It’s a matter of preference

Exactly- if you don't like it don't go.

i don't get all the NBA chatter.

l'ville is too small and poor to make it work. no one needs to worry about it.
Louisville is the same size as Oklahoma City or Salt Lake City but those two are growing much faster. The NBA would be a nice attraction for the city.

I wouldn’t walk across the street to watch an NBA game. Took my boys to one when they were younger and, as it turned out, it only took the three of us one time to realize what an expensive “sh!thole” experience it was. I think I’d have more fun chasing the ladies at Jefferson Mall. Please don’t flame me, it was a joke :)

Reactions: zipp
Louisville is the same size as Oklahoma City or Salt Lake City but those two are growing much faster. The NBA would be a nice attraction for the city.

no one is moving into this dump. the state is TOXIC. we're Birmingham, Little Rock, Jacksonville MS, Memphis. dying cities.

Think the NBA team will let Issel handle their financing since he so experienced in that fiels

If Louisville is going down hill then blame the voters for putting the wrong Mayor in office. All those cities you listed were ruined by the bad mayors who had bad policies. All those cities you listed use to be good places in the 70’s & 80’s but catering to welfare, inviting the homeless and becoming sanctuary cities invited the wrong people. By the way you forgot to mention St. Louis and Detroit as used to be great cities as well.

If Louisville is going down hill then blame the voters for putting the wrong Mayor in office...
Despite our mayors and compared to other benchmark cities, there's not that much wrong with Louisville...just some of the people who live here.

Reactions: jimmy5-11
If Louisville is going down hill then blame the voters for putting the wrong Mayor in office. All those cities you listed were ruined by the bad mayors who had bad policies. All those cities you listed use to be good places in the 70’s & 80’s but catering to welfare, inviting the homeless and becoming sanctuary cities invited the wrong people. By the way you forgot to mention St. Louis and Detroit as used to be great cities as well.

I realize this is a sports message board, but geez I hope you aren’t teaching civics to anyone. If you think those are the underlying reasons for those cities having troubles, then you have been misinformed.

I realize this is a sports message board, but geez I hope you aren’t teaching civics to anyone. If you think those are the underlying reasons for those cities having troubles, then you have been misinformed.

Yeah, it's the states that are killing the cities.

The redder the state the worst everyone is. Texas ONLY works because of oil. The rest of the 'red' states are pretty bad. Kansas is actively trying to kill itself and Kansas City. We have a bible thumping lunatic in charge (that's tried to screw UofL already).

I do work in all of those cities mentioned, I have for years. I know what I am talking about I have watched it happened in all of those cities. In St. Louis the people who work and contribute to the well being of their community are moving to the outskirts like Ladue and St. Charles.

In Jackson it is Flowood & Madison, in Memphis it is Germantown, Arlington & Southaven. In Little Rock it is Benton the people in those cities are moving out for the reasons I stated. I've seen and have listened to the complaints of those people first hand as a matter of fact I have experienced it.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Texas is a thriving state and it doesn't have anything to do with oil, it is thriving because of good business policies. I have been doing work in Texas for the past 5 years now and I am amazed how much it continues to grow and thrive. The states that are hurting the most are New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois and California.
They are over burdened with debt that they can't overcome. The state of California has more debt than the country of Greece. I do belivevthat all these states are blue states.

Reactions: GoB!gBlue
I agree with you Zipp Louisville is not a bad place at all. There are parts of town you don't want to go into like all cities have. Overall most of the city is nice and has a lot to offer.

I do work in all of those cities mentioned, I have for years. I know what I am talking about I have watched it happened in all of those cities. In St. Louis the people who work and contribute to the well being of their community are moving to the outskirts like Ladue and St. Charles.

In Jackson it is Flowood & Madison, in Memphis it is Germantown, Arlington & Southaven. In Little Rock it is Benton the people in those cities are moving out for the reasons I stated. I've seen and have listened to the complaints of those people first hand as a matter of fact I have experienced it.

Just as a start, not one of the cities you just mentioned is a “sanctuary city”.

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine
no one is moving into this dump. the state is TOXIC. we're Birmingham, Little Rock, Jacksonville MS, Memphis. dying cities.
Back in the 70's our peer cities we're Nashville and Indianapolis- now look who you are comparing Louisville to. Wonder what went wrong?

Just as a start all of those cities are heavily into welfare and Memphis is considered a sanctuary city. The states that I mentioned as being the most heavily in debt all have large sanctuary cities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT