ADVERTISEMENT

Why I don't believe Pitino

Find it interesting that some people are so easily led to believe the words of a hooker who is disgusting enough to pimp out her own kids. Where is the loyalty? Why believe her words over so many people associated with our program who have stated they never heard of her or witnessed anything that she's claiming? What makes that worthless excuse of a human more credible and believable? What if all of this turns out to be a lie and no one associated with UofL is proven guilty of what she is claiming? I see a few people jumping off bridges because they thought the sky was falling and wanted to end their misery before knowing the truth.

I'll remember that if/when we get very little for the false accusations. Some fans are so quick to turn on their own. I feel sorry for you.

Let's pretend they get their way. Coach Pitino is forced out.

Next Coach is in-Smart or Marshall.

Down the road, despite warnings and threats, a player or coach does something wrong
behind the Administrations back. Will the HC be asked to be fired by these 'loyal' fans ?

Unless there is proof of a HC knowing, and condoning illicit activities, why should they
be fired. Anyone can break the rules behind the HC back.

Reactions: Cue Card
I agree Kerry. No way coach should be forced out if this was done without his knowledge. Of course people are going to jump to the conclusion that he knew. Maybe he did. I don't know any more than the next fan posting on this board, but I said it before and I'll say it again. I DON'T CARE. It doesn't change my loyalty to the program regardless. I am L1C4. Period.

I think more and more people are starting to realize that this is the case. Lots of people are about to have egg on their face. sUcKs fans are laughing now but it's more likely that the NCAA finds dirt on them than on us from this investigation. Thats how strongly I believe in the tight/clean ship that Jurich/Pitino run.
We'll probably figure out that Katina also was also Bledsoe's high school algebra teacher or that she helped provide payment for Davis to go to school. Wont have to look far to uncover dirt down the road. Im not worried; this book is all nonsense.
Don't get me wrong, I believe that UK is dirtier than any program out there and Cow is the sleaziest coach there is but how exactly do you think they are going to find stuff on UK in an investigation into us?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what Pitino knew or knows or didn't know is irrelevant. This is yet another "thing" that's happened under his watch to go along with Sypher-Gate, the Chris Jones trial, Chane getting kicked out of school...the constant drama with player discipline and transfers...

I base this assessment on the fact that I honestly think it will be easier for the program to move forward under new leadership. I'll be shocked if UL comes away from this without some form of penalty but beyond that is the fact that Rick was already having difficulty recruiting his top choices. People act like Rick doesn't target elite talent and that he wants this top 30-75 kids but thats only because he struck out on options 1 through 5. Rick already has Nike working against him, his lack of player success in the NBA working against him, his reputation of being a difficult coach to play for working against him, his reputation of running a difficult system working against him and we're going to start having Rick's age work against him as well.. and now we're going to probably have sanctions and Rick's going to have to answer questions about this ordeal. I just feel like another coach could move the program past this much quicker.
More or less in order...

TOPIC 1: Jones' charges were dropped. Sypher was about Pitino's personal life and didn't directly involve U of L. None of this new stuff has been proven. Transfers happen in large numbers across all programs. This "drama" you talk is about part of everyday life--you choose whether or not to let it affect yours.

TOPIC 2: Someday when it happens, we will find it very difficult to replace Pitino with someone of his stature and abilities. Big time programs think it will be easier than it always turns out to be, and we will be no different. Think long and hard before taking that step.

TOPIC 3: Not sure what basketball program you've been following, but we never consistently land 5-star kids. That's not what L1C4 is about. It's not about Nike kids. If you don't like that type of program, you don't like U of L basketball. Personally I prefer that to, at the other extreme, a OAD program. And where does the "difficult to play for" moniker come from? OAD kids who don't wanna work hard? We're supposed to find a coach suitable for those kids? Not a program I wanna support.

...Its just my opinion, I know I'm in the minority, no need to bash or tell me what an idiot I am...
No one's calling you an idiot or "bashing you. Unfortunately, telling us it's your opinion doesn't exempt you from review. If your facts are offbase as I think many of them are, or if you want what many U of L fans do not, people like me are gonna tell you. If you don't want your POV discussed, you probably ought to keep it to yourself...

Last edited:
TOPIC 3: Not sure what basketball program you've been following, but we never consistently land 5-star kids. That's not what L1C4 is about. It's not about Nike kids. If you don't like that type of program, you don't like U of L basketball. Personally I prefer that to, at the other extreme, a OAD program. And where does the "difficult to play for" moniker come from? OAD kids who don't wanna work hard? We're supposed to find a coach suitable for those kids? Not a program I wanna support.

[/QUOTE]
Bingo. Zipp, you nailed this topic. We don't want one and dones, kids that don't want to work hard, that don't want to play real basketball, that don't want to be accountable and go to class, who want someone to just roll the ball out for 7 months and not say a word to them, who want to talk back to their coach. THat isn't L1C4 nor is it a Louisville man.

Blast away at me all that you want, but I DO NOT believe Pitino when he says that he had no idea anything was going on in Minardi Hall.

Considering all this went down immediately after Sypher it's a pretty ridiculous belief you're holding onto there Kratz.

HOF coach gets publicly humiliated due to sex act and responds moments after by looking other way to in-house problems of sex acts?

Not even highly unlikely. There's just no way.

A lot of great points were already made about why it makes no sense that Pitino knew about this. How many guys has he kicked off the team for not following team rules? How many wins has he sacrificed?

If Pitino found out, everyone involved would no longer be a part of the program. That's the pattern. Just ask Chane, Ware, DC about what happens if you don't follow the rules at UofL. I firmly believe we return to the Final Four with Chane in the lineup. I bet Pitino does, too. And Pitino let Chane go anyway because Chane couldn't follow the rules.

So I'm supposed to believe, Pitino has kicked Final Four players and top contributors off the team, sacrificing who knows how many wins and banners, only to turn a blind eye on a prostitution ring? I'm sorry, I can't buy into that. If the scandal really happened, then Pitino's mistake was letting McGee get in under his radar. Not turning a blind eye to the scandal.

A lot of great points were already made about why it makes no sense that Pitino knew about this. How many guys has he kicked off the team for not following team rules? How many wins has he sacrificed?

If Pitino found out, everyone involved would no longer be a part of the program. That's the pattern. Just ask Chane, Ware, DC about what happens if you don't follow the rules at UofL. I firmly believe we return to the Final Four with Chane in the lineup. I bet Pitino does, too. And Pitino let Chane go anyway because Chane couldn't follow the rules.

So I'm supposed to believe, Pitino has kicked Final Four players and top contributors off the team, sacrificing who knows how many wins and banners, only to turn a blind eye on a prostitution ring? I'm sorry, I can't buy into that. If the scandal really happened, then Pitino's mistake was letting McGee get in under his radar. Not turning a blind eye to the scandal.

Great post. I agree.

Did ya think about the part where the whole thing could be false..maybe? Geez...some people want this to be so true that they pray at their bedsides every night.

Of course women were in the players dorm. There is nothing wrong with women in the players dorms...never has ben on any university in the US except some religious schools who frown upon it. Rick of course knew women were in the frickin dorm. But saying he knew anything about hookers or strippers is rediculous and just ignorant.
Id like to tattoo this on all of the woe is me fans and the uklowns posing as cards.

Its all an elaborate lie

Bingo. Zipp, you nailed this topic. We don't want one and dones, kids that don't want to work hard, that don't want to play real basketball, that don't want to be accountable and go to class, who want someone to just roll the ball out for 7 months and not say a word to them, who want to talk back to their coach. THat isn't L1C4 nor is it a Louisville man.[/QUOTE]
Ha ha ha, so wait, one and done kids don't work hard now? So John Wall never worked hard to get where he is? Anthony Davis just rode the wave of that 2012 team and the New Orleans Hornets organization picked him #1 because Darius Miller (a 4 year player) must have carried him to that point??? So because these kids aren't 4 year guys like Russ Smith (who I think is a great player btw) they didn't work hard? You do realize that might be one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read. Yeah these kids have size and talent but they got that talent through constant training. They put in the work before they got to college.
So if Anthony Davis was a huge UL fan and wanted to come to UL and MKG came with him you wouldn't want them in your program? If you say you wouldn't then I call BS.

You cannot know about something that did not happen.

Let me say this: Prove to me the wind did NOT blow.

If anything did occur, it's obvious Rick didn't know. Why would anyone think that Rick would have chopped liver served to recruits when prime rib is available? I'm not saying I have first hand experience, but let's just say that Louisville has much, much better to offer than Katina Powell. If Rick was inclined to allow this as an enticement, then you can bet he's going to make sure the boys are provided top quality. Enough said.

I just want to know if there is any hard proof to any of these accusations. So far there is no video tape, no money documentation, no hard evidence. Players are saying that there were girls there, ...... is that enough to evidence to get a school in trouble.
Wire transfer evidence has been obtained by ESPN.

I still think we need to let a real independent team to conduct a investigation. ESPN is obviously invested in generating clicks. No reason to be alarmed as of now.

I don't think Rick knew either. This is the same program that self-reported playing laser tag a year ago. Unfortunately, under the new rules, it probably will not matter if Rick knew or not in terms of penalties. It does matter in terms of whether or not he "resigns" or not.

I hate being so negative but I don't see any positive in all of this.

Wire transfer could be Andre payments to her for his activity. It doesn't mean it involved the team. I truly believe this was Andre hooked up himself with trash. I feel sorry for his parents. They were paying for the whore.
Why why would he contact her after he left UL? Andre isn't stupid, he had to know that his days were numbered. Could she have been blackmailing him tell all on Andre in order to get her foot in the door at UL?
I'm just so sickened by the whole thing. Trez and Russ?

Last edited:
Regardless of what the law does, the NCAA does or what the truth really is....this ESPN barrage has already skewered UL basketball and tilted the national public opinion about this situation. As such, UL's athletic department is going to have to offer some kind of a rebuttal or sacrifice. And the longer they wait the worse it will be.

Just my opinion, but I'd expect to see a major reaction from UL sooner rather than later.

TOPIC 3: Not sure what basketball program you've been following, but we never consistently land 5-star kids. That's not what L1C4 is about. It's not about Nike kids. If you don't like that type of program, you don't like U of L basketball. Personally I prefer that to, at the other extreme, a OAD program. And where does the "difficult to play for" moniker come from? OAD kids who don't wanna work hard? We're supposed to find a coach suitable for those kids? Not a program I wanna support

C'mon Zipp I know you don't really believe that. Pitino sure wanted Teague, Blankney, Ja'quan Lyle, Trey Lyles, and he's recruiting De'aron Fox and Thon Maker. You mean to tell me if you got any of those guys you'd be upset about it?

And to your other point I think Jurich would land a very good coach. I don't know why UL fans feel like they have to keep Pitino to win at a high rate. I won't claim to know if Pitino had any knowledge of this but I do believe UL will be capable of more under new leadership. It's my opinion that it's going to be harder for Rick to recruit now (perception is reality in recruiting it doesn't matter of much of this stuff is confirmed people already believe it) and if that turns out to be true a coach like Marshall could come in an be better for you all. He has shown to do more with less and I think as hot of a commodity as he is right now he would recruit better at UL than Pitino can now. If coach K, Boeheim, Roy Williams, and Izzo start retiring before Pitino you guys might miss out on the opportunity to hire one of the next rock stars in college basketball

Last edited:
C'mon Zipp I know you don't really believe that. Pitino sure wanted Teague, Blankney, Ja'quan Lyle, Trey Lyles, and he's recruiting De'aron Fox and Thon Maker. You mean to tell me if you got any of those guys you'd be upset about it?

And to your other point I think Jurich would land a very good coach. I don't know why UL fans feel like they have to keep Pitino to win at a high rate. I won't claim to know if Pitino had any knowledge of this but I do believe UL will be capable of more under new leadership. It's my opinion that it's going to be harder for Rick to recruit now (perception is reality in recruiting it doesn't matter of much of this stuff is confirmed people already believe it) and if that turns out to be true a coach like Marshall could come in an be better for you all. He has shown to do more with less and I think as hot of a commodity as he is right now he would recruit better at UL than Pitino can now. If coach K, Boeheim, Roy Williams, and Izzo start retiring before Pitino you guys might miss out on the opportunity to hire one of the next rock stars in college basketball

Good post.

My counter point, and Zipp's main point maybe, or most important one - it's not a given the next rock star, or next hire - works out. UCLA and IU are still trying to find replacements for their legends that stepped away long ago. Even UNC and UK took a swing and a miss with a new hire not long ago. Sometimes the next coach simply doesn't work out, and as IU has proven, the coach after that, and the coach after that might not either.

Reactions: shadow force
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT