ADVERTISEMENT

We are Screwed

Hey, wait a minute. Why're you picking on English majors? I've had a real nice career with my U of L A&S degree majoring in ENGLISH. Yeesh what some people will say when they get desperate.

Thin skin you are. People complain all the time about my discipline. You should go write something in your diary ...like a little girl!!!!!

Oh what a come back! Good one jar!! Own how dumb it is that you think the NCAA needs help from law enforcement to enforce its standards. Apples and oranges. Just an overall dumb post

Oh what a come back! Good one jar!! Own how dumb it is that you think the NCAA needs help from law enforcement to enforce its standards. Apples and oranges. Just an overall dumb post
I already admitted I haven't been following this closely since it came out, but last I read there hadn't been anyone to come forward and collaborate the woman's testimony. Apparently since you have so much faith in the NCAA being able to investigate and enforce their standards, you should read up on their investigation into Miami. The NCAA has no power to subpoena all they can hope for is that someone is willing to talk. In a law enforcement investigation not only is there the power to subpoena but if you lie to an officer during said investigation it is a felony, correct counselor? After the trial the case would become public information for the NCAA to use as it deemed necessary, even if it was never prosecuted they would be able to question law enforcement officials who more likely than not be apt to cooperate.

I already admitted I haven't been following this closely since it came out, but last I read there hadn't been anyone to come forward and collaborate the woman's testimony. Apparently since you have so much faith in the NCAA being able to investigate and enforce their standards, you should read up on their investigation into Miami. The NCAA has no power to subpoena all they can hope for is that someone is willing to talk. In a law enforcement investigation not only is there the power to subpoena but if you lie to an officer during said investigation it is a felony, correct counselor? After the trial the case would become public information for the NCAA to use as it deemed necessary, even if it was never prosecuted they would be able to question law enforcement officials who more likely than not be apt to cooperate.

Correct.. CardFan1130 must not have completely understood your post. The lack of subpoena power for the NCAA basically means that if everyone keeps quiet that there is very little they can do to enforce rules. See the Duke case with the jeweler refusing to talk.

The journal is interesting. What is the most important thing of any business transaction? What is your service/product valued at, how much is each show going to cost and how much is a side deal going to be. You don't walk into a situation where you are charging fees without a fee schedule. Let's say she didn't have a fee schedule and fees were determined on the fly. She still would have agreed to a fee before doing the show or side deal.

The journal which is apparently really detailed doesn't include the amounts for the 4 years or an itemized accounting of the $$$. She is just making numbers up other than the money order. She knows this day is coming creates a very detailed journal but doesn't document dollars? She has no idea, how could she, how much money changed hands yet everything is being reported as tens of thousands of dollars.

The biggest issue out side of image is the 5 players confirming money changed hands to some extent. That adds credibility to her claim so she could say any dollar figure and it would stick.

The former player once that name comes out and it will, won't ever be part of the program again. It has nothing to do with telling the truth it has everything to do with how he told the truth. He threw Pitino and the University under the bus by making it appear both promoted this activity instead of owning up of his actions. If he would have went to the University and said I screwed up here is what happened then that is OK. Going to the media is chicken ?)$&.

Reactions: Beach Bird
That's
The journal is interesting. What is the most important thing of any business transaction? What is your service/product valued at, how much is each show going to cost and how much is a side deal going to be. You don't walk into a situation where you are charging fees without a fee schedule. Let's say she didn't have a fee schedule and fees were determined on the fly. She still would have agreed to a fee before doing the show or side deal.

The journal which is apparently really detailed doesn't include the amounts for the 4 years or an itemized accounting of the $$$. She is just making numbers up other than the money order. She knows this day is coming creates a very detailed journal but doesn't document dollars? She has no idea, how could she, how much money changed hands yet everything is being reported as tens of thousands of dollars.

The biggest issue out side of image is the 5 players confirming money changed hands to some extent. That adds credibility to her claim so she could say any dollar figure and it would stick.

The former player once that name comes out and it will, won't ever be part of the program again. It has nothing to do with telling the truth it has everything to do with how he told the truth. He threw Pitino and the University under the bus by making it appear both promoted this activity instead of owning up of his actions. If he would have went to the University and said I screwed up here is what happened then that is OK. Going to the media is chicken ?)$&.
That's all your concerned about is that the former player who spoke up will never be a part of the program again.

When your in a position of power in any aspect of life fifty percent of the people under you love you but fifty percent don't and when a serious incident occurs it is always surprising to the person in charge when they find out who did not.

The University of Louisville is more than a sports program to the tens of thousands of staff and students that are there working in their profession or obtaining an education.

Coaches and players come and go and its just a game that they play. Paying for and earning a degree is a real achievement that affects people's lives for a lifetime. This kind of embarrassment to the University goes deeper then a game played by kids.

Reactions: ClockCalamity
Correct.. CardFan1130 must not have completely understood your post. The lack of subpoena power for the NCAA basically means that if everyone keeps quiet that there is very little they can do to enforce rules. See the Duke case with the jeweler refusing to talk.

Yeah, we can't compete with the Duke benefits. They're throwing around 100k lines of credit, even got sued. How much more of a paper trail do you need? Meanwhile our guys get $400 per party with skanks and ESPN is appalled.:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm old, but it sure feels like they use the same old tactics. --Spin stories to protect some programs, spin stories to destroy others. Duke is innocent until proven guilty and we're guilty with no chance of being innocent.

Last edited:
I really admire your optimism but it is really misguided. In fact I think it is more likely that things get worse from here than get better. If McGee does talk, he may decide to take folks down with him and then this becomes a nuclear bomb.
Totally agree amazes me that some fans don't want to believe that their was a misdeed done by one of our own. Like these folks that get on TV after a crime has happened and say my son hasn't done anything wrong to nobody. Sometimes you have to answer to your mistakes.

Sometimes you have to answer to your mistakes.

All a real competitor wants is a level playing field. If you don't get that then you've never played a competitive game in your life. If you want to pretend that we did something special here...and should be punished for it while others continue their wicked ways...Let me know how that mentality works out for you in life. Of course unless it's your job to spread the good word of unfairness in college athletics. ;)

All a real competitor wants is a level playing field. If you don't get that then you've never played a competitive game in your life. If you want to pretend that we did something special here...and should be punished for it while others continue their wicked ways...Let me know how that mentality works out for you in life. Of course unless it's your job to spread the good word of unfairness in college athletics. ;)
We all know things happen everywhere problem is we are the ones that allegedly have been caught! Like when my daughter teenager says everybody else is doing it guess what you are my kid. So i don't give a rats behind what joe shmoes parents allow.

Card Fans wow this is sad to read about what is happening with your basketball program. I know things look dark, I just wanted say keep your faith guys. You fans have a great AD and Coach I am pretty sure when the truth comes out it was all BS to start with. Answer me this on the money being transfered, how can you prove what it was used? I mean if this info is coming from a hooker that was paid my question is how much this will be trusted? ESPN come guys these people are in this for the ratings they throw stuff at the wall to see if it sticks. Just wait for all facts than start we are screwed threads. I think when this plays out you guys will be fine trust your AD he is very smart. All the media is for ratings do not put stock into everything you hear. Either 1 it is made up 2 no facts 3 they are making this worse than what it really is. Whatever happens I will pray this turns out good for you Good luck Cards fans

Well said man well said.

confused-gif.gif

Reactions: GoCatsForever2k15
Yeah, we can't compete with the Duke benefits. They're throwing around 100k lines of credit, even got sued. How much more of a paper trail do you need? Meanwhile our guys get $400 per party with skanks and ESPN is appalled.:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm old, but it sure feels like they use the same old tactics. --Spin stories to protect some programs, spin stories to destroy others. Duke is innocent until proven guilty and we're guilty with no chance of being innocent.
I wouldn't get to carried away just yet, I think some of your fans are forgetting just how much money UL basketball makes for the NCAA. I could be wrong I'm just not convinced that there will end up being anything come of this other than a bunch of hand wringing.

We all know things happen everywhere problem is we are the ones that allegedly have been caught! Like when my daughter teenager says everybody else is doing it guess what you are my kid. So i don't give a rats behind what joe shmoes parents allow.

Nah, it's more like your daughter can't go to the all boy dance at ESPN. Even though she's pretty, the boys see her as an outsider. So they won't invite her. Some are even scared of her. Afraid of what she might do to their relationships.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT