ADVERTISEMENT

We are Screwed

From Zach Price's Twitter account on 9/22/15.

@Zdot2fivePrice: I'm a ghost as far as college basketball, and I like that, time to start haunting those that condemned me.

@Zdot2fivePrice: I'm a ghost as far as college basketball, and I like that, time to start haunting those that condemned me.
A former player who left for whatever reason, and now we get this cryptic message from him? What in the Sam hell does that mean? Is he still playing college ball?

Hate to say it but that dude was the first that came to mind when talking about former players with an axe to grind.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I'm merely talking about focusing on the little details that are inconsequential. Woring about money not adding up is the last thing to worry about, why even bring it up? I'd be worried about the former recruits that spoke to ESPN about what went on.

There's a reason behind the phrase, "The devils in the details".

I hate to break the news to you, but the wire transfer "proves" enough for the NCAA when combined with former recruits and players saying she was hired to perform. It doesn't take the memo line saying "for services rendered and received" for the NCAA to connect the dots. Anyways the NCAA doesn't have to operate beyond a reasonable doubt. Really now, the next level of how bad things will be is if McGee decides to try and save his ass and pin it on some asst coach or booster. In that case, we will be really screwed.

They would have to link it to a specific recruit (s) prior to filing the infraction. Without that, they would not have much of a case. You would have to have some type of collaboration. Then UofL would have an opportunity to present their side.

He did not help Powell's side with that statement. Looks like a sour grape that wasn't good enough to make wine.

The student managers should have gotten their sex paid for before Zach Price - they meant more / did more for the program...

I really admire your optimism but it is really misguided. In fact I think it is more likely that things get worse from here than get better. If McGee does talk, he may decide to take folks down with him and then this becomes a nuclear bomb.

One thing, it does not pass the eye test. Too many coming out against publicly versus the anonymous supporting. Then we have the ages of the girls, the side door, and the lack of a neutral witness at the hall.

Too many stories were things have played out in the court of public opinion that have turned out to be the exact opposite. We've only really heard from one side so far.

The McMartin Preschool case was played out in the public before it went to court. At the end, the case was dismissed. Damage was done and the McMartins were broke and demoralized.

Media coverage
The media coverage was generally skewed towards an uncritical acceptance of the prosecution's viewpoint.[4] David Shaw of the Los Angeles Times wrote a series of articles, which later won the Pulitzer Prize, discussing the flawed and skewed coverage presented by his own paper on the trial.[31] It was only after the trial that coverage of the flaws in the evidence and events presented by witnesses and the prosecution were discussed.[4]

Wayne Satz, at the time a reporter for the Los Angeles ABC affiliate television station KABC, reported on the case and the children's allegations. He presented an unchallenged view of the children's and parents' claims.[32] Satz later entered into a romantic relationship with Kee MacFarlane, the social worker at the Children's Institute International, who was interviewing the children.[32] Another instance of media conflict of interest occurred when David Rosenzweig, the editor at the Los Angeles Times overseeing the coverage, became engaged to marry Lael Rubin, the prosecutor.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_preschool_trial

I'll wait to see what UofL and McGee have to say in their defense.

The players making these accusations should be investigated. Sorry you couldnt cut it here (Price couldnt at Missouri either) and feel like making headlines over nothing. Doubt these Me1Me4 kids are making accusations out of the goodness of their hearts.
1 John 3:17
But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Rick Bozich at it hard and furious today wrote Rick needs to go and we need a new facefor the program today.WTF !

Who's Rick Bozich? Some guy who majored in English pretending he knows something about sports?
Yell i'm done with he and Crawford totally understand they have unfair biased job to report. However they are running with Powells side their is still alot to come out. Even though i know Andre screwed this city's most coveted loved possesion big time !!!

Reactions: PHCARD
How can we sell any top player to come here now? Any really good BB players AAU coach or guardian will not allow their player to come here for a while. We will get the tarnished players

Reactions: BrowDown23
It's a good thing that the thread posted about Bozich calling for RP head is pulled. WDRB I can turn you off and never watch you again. I did it to WHAS years ago and have never watched a minute of them since. Bill, I would suggest you tell your employees to give the news and keep their mouths shut about their opinions.

How can we sell any top player to come here now? Any really good BB players AAU coach or guardian will not allow their player to come here for a while. We will get the tarnished players

Oh please. From what I've heard, the AAU circuit is just as shady. They don't give a shit about this stuff, they just want to win and get to the NBA.

It's a good thing that the thread posted about Bozich calling for RP head is pulled. WDRB I can turn you off and never watch you again. I did it to WHAS years ago and have never watched a minute of them since. Bill, I would suggest you tell your employees to give the news and keep their mouths shut about their opinions.
You obviously don't understand that Bozich and Crawford weren't hired to be reporters. They are columnist that are paid to give their opinions.

I didn't mean to use entrapment in a legal way I meant it to be taken as a plan by Powell and others to create this problem. How hard would it be to entice a college student to have sex with a prostitute. This seems to be orchestrated with Powell having notes and records of everything that supposedly went on.
How many prostitutes go out and write books, most of them are like Powell just unwanted trash. When you take into consideration that the other main players in all this is a UK and IU graduate. The media needs to start asking other questions about their roles in this and who put Powell up to this.
They also need to raise the question regarding the integrity of Powell herself, why would a woman who pimps out her own daughters (since they were minors) not be viewed differently.
The media is treating her like she is a literary scholar instead of a whore.

I didn't mean to use entrapment in a legal way I meant it to be taken as a plan by Powell and others to create this problem. How hard would it be to entice a college student to have sex with a prostitute. This seems to be orchestrated with Powell having notes and records of everything that supposedly went on.
How many prostitutes go out and write books, most of them are like Powell just unwanted trash. When you take into consideration that the other main players in all this is a UK and IU graduate. The media needs to start asking other questions about their roles in this and who put Powell up to this.
They also need to raise the question regarding the integrity of Powell herself, why would a woman who pimps out her own daughters (since they were minors) not be viewed differently.
The media is treating her like she is a literary scholar instead of a whore.
That's how things work in this country now. The criminal is turned into the victim. It happens almost every single day in this country if you really stop to read what's going on. We live in some crazy times for sure.

Discounting what Outside the Lines researched, vetted and reported is being delusional. Some of the earlier credibility and doubts with the woman, writer and the vagueness of the book is understandable but it looks like it's bout time for fans to start to face the truth.

This is not just about basketball and whether we go on probation, can't play in the tournament, forfeit games or even if Coach P remains. It's about the University, the administrators, teachers that work their butts off to reach goals to better the lives of the students they serve.

Obtaining a degree is expensive and a lot of hard work and sacrifice. There are tens of thousands of people who's current and future livelihood is dependent upon the University of Louisville. None of those people and past alumni want their school to be a laughingstock. UofL is more then a coach and thirteen players. It is a higher learning institution. Contrary to what sports fans think that collage is all parties, fun and games so what's the harm in girls dancing......talk to students (or their parents) that are spending 40, 50, 60 thousand dollars to get their degrees from Louisville how they feel and their professors and instructors.

If you think this affects just sports then go see if the programs supporters and major donors are happy with this or embarrassed.

The University of Louisville needs to step up.

Last edited:
Reactions: prossdog
One thing, it does not pass the eye test. Too many coming out against publicly versus the anonymous supporting. Then we have the ages of the girls, the side door, and the lack of a neutral witness at the hall.

Too many stories were things have played out in the court of public opinion that have turned out to be the exact opposite. We've only really heard from one side so far.

The McMartin Preschool case was played out in the public before it went to court. At the end, the case was dismissed. Damage was done and the McMartins were broke and demoralized.

Media coverage
The media coverage was generally skewed towards an uncritical acceptance of the prosecution's viewpoint.[4] David Shaw of the Los Angeles Times wrote a series of articles, which later won the Pulitzer Prize, discussing the flawed and skewed coverage presented by his own paper on the trial.[31] It was only after the trial that coverage of the flaws in the evidence and events presented by witnesses and the prosecution were discussed.[4]

Wayne Satz, at the time a reporter for the Los Angeles ABC affiliate television station KABC, reported on the case and the children's allegations. He presented an unchallenged view of the children's and parents' claims.[32] Satz later entered into a romantic relationship with Kee MacFarlane, the social worker at the Children's Institute International, who was interviewing the children.[32] Another instance of media conflict of interest occurred when David Rosenzweig, the editor at the Los Angeles Times overseeing the coverage, became engaged to marry Lael Rubin, the prosecutor.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_preschool_trial

I'll wait to see what UofL and McGee have to say in their defense.
Why would you compare this to the McMartins incident? That was a case where the only evidence came from "coached" little kids. This is nothing like that, at all. You realize multiple adults, including players and recruits, have confirmed this did occur. I think Pitino today said as much. Beyond that you have texts, money transfers and the book, which would be irrelevant if not for the fact that all the other evidence supports pretty much exactly what it says. Also, this is not a court of law, the rules of evidence are much more relaxed.

Reactions: FinalFurlong
Why would you compare this to the McMartins incident? That was a case where the only evidence came from "coached" little kids. This is nothing like that, at all. You realize multiple adults, including players and recruits, have confirmed this did occur. I think Pitino today said as much. Beyond that you have texts, money transfers and the book, which would be irrelevant if not for the fact that all the other evidence supports pretty much exactly what it says. Also, this is not a court of law, the rules of evidence are much more relaxed.

The only thing we have heard from is from the media. Have you noticed that it has all been from the prospective of the book and Powell.

Not once have they taking it from the side of UofL/McGee and investigated from that angel.

It has been one sided so far.

Reactions: beasleythecard
They would have to link it to a specific recruit (s) prior to filing the infraction. Without that, they would not have much of a case. You would have to have some type of collaboration. Then UofL would have an opportunity to present their side.

The only thing we have heard from is from the media. Have you noticed that it has all been from the prospective of the book and Powell.

Not once have they taking it from the side of UofL/McGee and investigated from that angel.

Any more, in today's world, the burden is truly on the accused, until, or if, it goes to court. The damage may be too great to overcome by then though...

Well said. I just recently said something very similar. This proves nothing to me. He could have wired her money for anything. Pardon me if I don't believe a hooker who pimps out her kids.

PHCard, let me pose a question for you. Take out McGee and add Bobby Perry, take out Pitino and add Calipari. Do you think he could survive this? Seriously? I understand and appreciate loyalty. Jurich has been Rick's champion from Day One and never wavered. What I want to know is if the NCAA levies a penalty, can your President simply accept it and serve it with no consequences coming from Pitino or Jurich? Who is held responsible? It simply can't be the school and that's it. That's not the NCAA's style. They need a face to show the rest of the country what happens when you mess with the NCAA. They're marginalized lately and they need something like this to give them credibility. Jurich has drawn a line in the sand with Rick. He's all-in.

I'll admit to not following this story closely, it just seemed like an ambulance chaser from the word go to me. That being said, the NCAA being such a lame duck I don't see much happening unless law enforcement can make a case for the NCAA and the only way the issue here gets pushed is if they can prove that sex involving minors did occur. Prostitution is a misdemeanor and the age of consent in Kentucky is 16, gonna be hard for any law enforcement agency to make a case, all the evidence is circumstantial. Multiple persons have had an agenda to make UL look bad, got together and created this shiz storm, it's gonna be talked about from now on and will never be forgotten no matter the outcome. Could be wrong wouldn't be the first time, good luck.

PHCard, let me pose a question for you. Take out McGee and add Bobby Perry, take out Pitino and add Calipari. Do you think he could survive this? Seriously? I understand and appreciate loyalty. Jurich has been Rick's champion from Day One and never wavered. What I want to know is if the NCAA levies a penalty, can your President simply accept it and serve it with no consequences coming from Pitino or Jurich? Who is held responsible? It simply can't be the school and that's it. That's not the NCAA's style. They need a face to show the rest of the country what happens when you mess with the NCAA. They're marginalized lately and they need something like this to give them credibility. Jurich has drawn a line in the sand with Rick. He's all-in.
Mike Balado. He's the one that knew and will be (along with AM) going to take the fall.

How does it go down if these allegations are true? Also, I don't think Jurich is going to even be considered for the Texas job now.

IMO only, Pitino has thrown McGee under the bus. If it all turns out to be true, both are probably toast, if the NCAA upholds the recent rule that says that head Coaches are accountable for everyone and everything that happens in their program.

Problem with that is McGee is silent. He declined comment to ESPN. Hasn't commented on anything yet. If he'd told anybody anything there would be another side to investigate but as of now, we only have the story from the people speaking up.

Reactions: FinalFurlong
How does it go down if these allegations are true? Also, I don't think Jurich is going to even be considered for the Texas job now.
Who gives a crap about Texas? In case you didn't know, Tom Jurich has said he is not going anywhere and that includes Texas.

Who's Rick Bozich? Some guy who majored in English pretending he knows something about sports?

Hey, wait a minute. Why're you picking on English majors? I've had a real nice career with my U of L A&S degree majoring in ENGLISH. Yeesh what some people will say when they get desperate.

Reactions: footnfan1
Someone named him earlier. According to GoCards.com he arrived in April 26, 2013. Does this match the Coach Mike reference in the book's time line?

http://www.gocards.com/news/2013/4/26/Cardinals_Add_Mike_Balado_to_Men_s_Basketball_Staff.aspx
It's certainly matches the timeline with respect to the recruitment of Antonio Blakeney. Also connects the dots as to why McGee would still be contacting the Powell woman three months after he left Louisville for the UMKC job. Apparently Balado didn't have the hook up.

How hard is it to remember 1-800-HOOD-RAT?

Oh please. From what I've heard, the AAU circuit is just as shady. They don't give a shit about this stuff, they just want to win and get to the NBA.
Yeah because we've done so well previously locking down those kinds of players anyway.

I'm still wondering? Why did ul get tossed under the bus nationally by espn, right nefore unc is set to release their response to their n.o.a.?........

Problem with that is McGee is silent. He declined comment to ESPN. Hasn't commented on anything yet. If he'd told anybody anything there would be another side to investigate but as of now, we only have the story from the people speaking up.
Sure his attorney has advised him not to until he has to go in front of any of the various agencies doing investigations. For all anyone knows he may have already spoken to investigators and can't comment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT