ADVERTISEMENT

We are Screwed

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
ESPN has confirmed a wire transfer of $ between McGee and Powell. This along with an ex-recruit confirming strippers and sex will seal our fate. For all the stupid $hit McGee did, how the hell does he leave a paper trail of cash changing hands? If it were all cash just changing hands then you could continually just question Powell's horrible ethics. But now that they can prove that money did change hands, it lends credence to everything she has said.

This is not going to end well. Im guessing no tourney, probation a couple years and Pitino resigns.

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
So you know what, if any money was transferred was used for?

The money and the what have you not does not add up to the sensationalism.

10K and 22 parties equals to about $455.00 a party. You're not buying much considering the amounts that have been discussed already. The numbers are not adding up.

An average tailgate party for a dozen fans without hookers and dancers cost more than that.

This is just a credibility grab.

Reactions: beasleythecard
i hate to admit it but i totally agree!just a shame this stuff went on at u of l how could rick not know /

So you know what if any money was transferred was used for?

The money and what have you not does not add up to the sensationalism.

10K and 22 parties equals to about $455.00 a party. Your not buying much considering the amount that have been discussed already. The numbers are not adding up.

An average tailgate party for a dozen fans without hookers and dancers cost more than that.

Listen to yourself. Do you realize how bad everything you just said sounds?

We are screwed. No one wants to say it but I would say two final fours & the title are all in danger of being stripped away as well.

We are screwed. No one wants to say it but I would say two final fours & the title are all in danger of being stripped away as well.

I don't think the NCAA has the nads to strip a title. Jurich may go to Texas and Pitino resign. That's punishment enough. I do agree with Calipari, I really believe Pitino knew nothing about this. This coming from a person that isn't a fan of his after his post-UK days. He's a great coach, HOF coach, and to think he'd put all he's worked for in the hands of an ex-player who was hiring hookers makes no sense to me at all. I can't even fake a reason why he would let it continue if he knew.

She named Russ Smith and Trez both for paying for sex.
If that stands up we very well could lose our 2013 title. The national media are now all over this. It is not going to end well. All we can hope for is a Jurich miracle. Not sure Rick can survive this, even if he had nothing to do with it.

Re read it again and start looking over the amounts and frequencies that have been bantered about.

They just don't add up. It's nothing more than a credibility grab trying to bolster allegations in the book.

Go to press and garner as much positive attention as you can to sway opinion. Done all of the time when trying to position yourself in a better light.

It's becoming obvious that a lot of time was not spent in regards to the allegations and the proof of such that took place. I looked into this in regards to publishing, it takes a while to put this type of book together.

All of the people mentioned in the book by name would have been interviewed, or at the least given a reasonable time to respond to their name being mentioned in the book as to avoid legal problems down the road. This protects the publisher and those involved from financial forfeiture of profits.

Also, don't forget about anything that could be considered a crime against the author and collaborators. There is a vetting process with legal counsel to avoid potential incrimination and prosecution.

She named Russ Smith and Trez both for paying for sex.
If that stands up we very well could lose our 2013 title. The national media are now all over this. It is not going to end well. All we can hope for is a Jurich miracle. Not sure Rick can survive this, even if he had nothing to do with it.

So you believe what is in the book in its entirety?

So what's the going rate with hookers?

From what I can recall, just to show up and dance was a C note. In her book, she charged the "Arab" a C note for "sugar".

Two C notes charged for one girl and a turn. Doesn't match her comments or what was quoted in the book either in regards to the numbers she inferred to as participating in the parties.

One on one, maybe it could have taken place, but not in any number as she claims.

Here's my thoughts... for what its worth...

(1) Too much smoke to not be fire. Too many collaborating witnesses. Too much consistency. It happened. Whether it was lots of players or a few TBD. Whether more staff were involved or just McGee is TBD.

(2) I don't think TJ or RP were aware. However, they bear the ultimate responsibility. It happened to their team on their watch, so they are liable.

(3) We all know the NCAA is a joke when it comes to rules enforcement, etc. I doubt they come down too hard on UL. Ultimately, this impermissible benefits, but I would be shocked if the FF or NC were put at risk... there's not enough precedence for it. I would put my money on "lack of institutional control" some scholarship reduction, post season bans, and show-cause for any coaches directly involved.

I think TJ and RP weather this storm. See it through, keep the program strong. THEN RP will retire. Unless forced out, I don't see him going soon.

Multiple players confirming. Pull your head out of the sand. This is not good.

Until they come forward, I can say the opposite. Until that time and they are vetted, it's no more than I have a friend who has a friend thing.

So you know what, if any money was transferred was used for?

The money and the what have you not does not add up to the sensationalism.

10K and 22 parties equals to about $455.00 a party. You're not buying much considering the amounts that have been discussed already. The numbers are not adding up.

Dude open your eyes

Here's my thoughts... for what its worth...

I think TJ and RP weather this storm. See it through, keep the program strong. THEN RP will retire. Unless forced out, I don't see him going soon.

How the heck do you think Rick could get any top players after this? He's done

How the heck do you think Rick could get any top players after this? He's done

Oh the program WILL suffer. I have no doubt about that. I just think RP will stick around to pull through as best as possible. Work with what he has. He's a HOF coach and loyal to UL. He does not want this to be his legacy. I think he will stay on until any probation (if it comes) is lifted. THEN help bring in a new coach for a fresh start and retire.

The driving force behind all this needs to come out and will at some point. Yeah yeah, I know money is a motivating factor but It's hard to understand this woman's determination to try and bring this program to the ground.

Yes it's serious stuff to the NCAA but to the average American strippers and prostitutes are pretty tame and to be honest this news would make most people yawn especially only hearing one side of the story.

My point is that this woman is behaving as if she was seriously wronged (beaten, raped or had money stolen) which is laughable knowing what we know. We know money exchanged hands and that's it. Maybe for stripping and nothing else.

And what this latest interview still shows is that a prostitute and now her prostitute daughters say they had sex for money with players and recruits without any proof that any sex happened. Pardon me for not taking her word on that just like when she said Rick knew about this and now she says he might not have.

I'm betting someone is lining her pockets to keep this story going and I'm also betting it's not some big publishing company.

Time will tell. Patience.

Dude open your eyes

You have got to let this play out. Too many stories out there where someone has made an untrue allegation and ruined someone before the facts come out.

I can sucker punch the baddest dude out there and brag about how I whipped his axx. This holds up until he catches up and sets the story straight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Louisvillian
The driving force behind all this needs to come out and will at some point. Yeah yeah, I know money is a motivating factor but It's hard to understand this woman's determination to try and bring this program to the ground.

Yes it's serious stuff to the NCAA but to the average American strippers and prostitutes are pretty tame and to be honest this news would make most people yawn especially only hearing one side of the story.

My point is that this woman is behaving as if she was seriously wronged (beaten, raped or had money stolen) which is laughable knowing what we know. We know money exchanged hands and that's it. Maybe for stripping and nothing else.

And what this latest interview still shows is that a prostitute and now her prostitute daughters say they had sex for money with players and recruits without any proof that any sex happened. Pardon me for not taking her word on that just like when she said Rick knew about this and now she says he might not have.

I'm betting someone is lining her pockets to keep this story going and I'm also betting it's not some big publishing company.

Time will tell. Patience.
100% shared thoughts.
This is strategically organized

Re read it again and start looking over the amounts and frequencies that have been bantered about.

They just don't add up. It's nothing more than a credibility grab trying to bolster allegations in the book.

Go to press and garner as much positive attention as you can to sway opinion. Done all of the time when trying to position yourself in a better light.

It's becoming obvious that a lot of time was not spent in regards to the allegations and the proof of such that took place. I looked into this in regards to publishing, it takes a while to put this type of book together.

All of the people mentioned in the book by name would have been interviewed, or at the least given a reasonable time to respond to their name being mentioned in the book as to avoid legal problems down the road. This protects the publisher and those involved from financial forfeiture of profits.

Also, don't forget about anything that could be considered a crime against the author and collaborators. There is a vetting process with legal counsel to avoid potential incrimination and prosecution.
I had the same issue until this morning. Now it makes sense. She was paid 455/party just to get the girls there. It is clear that stripper tips and "extras " were paid for separately. Now the money makes sense. Problem is, where did that money come from. This will get really ugly before it is finished.

Last edited:
I've heard quite a bit about this today, and it has me wondering, this either one of two things...

1. Something huge and definitive has surfaced and major news networks are instantly jumping on it, or

2. There is an entity powerful enough and with the motive to bury your program. An entity set to release their response to the NOA concerning the largest scandal in NCAA history. An entity who's alumni is the president of espn (who just happens to be part of ABC, the only two networks jumping on this)... It was the very first thing that came to mind. A perfect distraction

So Andre did wire her money. Andre himself had a debt. This doesn't prove that it was for the team. I think Andre himself was using the goods and services. Her money man left town and she got ticked off.
Well said. I just recently said something very similar. This proves nothing to me. He could have wired her money for anything. Pardon me if I don't believe a hooker who pimps out her kids.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
It sounds like she was writing the book as all this was going on. I wonder if a lot of this could be considered entrapment and how many people played a role in this?

It sounds like she was writing the book as all this was going on. I wonder if a lot of this could be considered entrapment and how many people played a role in this?
"Entrapment," legally speaking, only applies to law enforcement officials (or other government officials). And even then, it is a very difficult standard to meet. You have to induce someone to commit a crime that they would otherwise have been unlikely to commit on their own. This is why "sting" operations are not entrapment in 99.9% of circumstances.

I had the same issue until this morning. Now it makes sense. She was paid 455/party just to get the girls there. It is clear that stripper tips and "extras " were paid for separately. Now the money makes sense. Problem is, where did that money come from. This will get really ugly before it is finished.

Her book is claiming that she was usually getting $200-$300 per party, not upwards of $500. Those numbers don't really add up or make sense to what she is claiming

Her book is claiming that she was usually getting $200-$300 per party, not upwards of $500. Those numbers don't really add up or make sense to what she is claiming

Thats the least of UofL's problems. The problem is ESPN getting confirmation of the events from former players/recruits. If they were able to do that this quickly, what do you think the NCAA was able to do?

@ESPNAndyKatz: Louisville AD Tom Jurich said via school: "coach Pitino has no plans to step down and he absolutely didn't know about the allegations."

Thats the least of UofL's problems. The problem is ESPN getting confirmation of the events from former players/recruits. If they were able to do that this quickly, what do you think the NCAA was able to do?

I'm well aware that this is the least of Louisville's problems and that the NCAA has done plenty of investigating that they can't speak on until the investigation is complete. The point of my post was to point out that the money doesn't appear to add up to me.

Well said. I just recently said something very similar. This proves nothing to me. He could have wired her money for anything. Pardon me if I don't believe a hooker who pimps out her kids.

I hate to break the news to you, but the wire transfer "proves" enough for the NCAA when combined with former recruits and players saying she was hired to perform. It doesn't take the memo line saying "for services rendered and received" for the NCAA to connect the dots. Anyways the NCAA doesn't have to operate beyond a reasonable doubt. Really now, the next level of how bad things will be is if McGee decides to try and save his ass and pin it on some asst coach or booster. In that case, we will be really screwed.

Reactions: The Sisco Kid

Do you believe players and recruits?

Any allegations or parts of the story whether in the books or verbally matter. You cannot separate or parse segments unless your trying to drive to a conclusion. Of course you would need the facts to .

Any allegations or parts of the story whether in the books or verbally matter. You cannot separate or parse segments unless your trying to drive to a conclusion. Of course you would need the facts to .

You don't dismiss everything based on a few numbers not adding up, especially basing that on what info is merely released to the public. That's when you know you're in a losing battle.

You don't dismiss everything based on a few numbers not adding up, especially basing that on what info is merely released to the public. That's when you know you're in a losing battle.

We can't confirm anything at this point other than what the other side said.

I could do the same thing to you. Would you accept it as fact without any proof? I would say no.

Last edited:

I could do the same thing to you. Would you accept it as fact without any proof?

I'm merely talking about focusing on the little details that are inconsequential. Woring about money not adding up is the last thing to worry about, why even bring it up? I'd be worried about the former recruits that spoke to ESPN about what went on.

I could do the same thing to you. Would you accept it as fact without any proof?

I really admire your optimism but it is really misguided. In fact I think it is more likely that things get worse from here than get better. If McGee does talk, he may decide to take folks down with him and then this becomes a nuclear bomb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT