ADVERTISEMENT

The MYTH that UK is "closer" to U of L after last year's game

Yeah, how can you criticize how poorly coached Joker's teams were? When the LPT defense now is worse than it's been in a decade statistically? And Stupes is an ex-defensive coordinator.

:rolleyes:

LPT Football: Not sure we were aware of that...

Reactions: American Male
Let me add something truly worthwhile to this discussion. UofK sucks and so do a large group of their fans. Having moved to Ky in 1981 and not giving a damn about (amateur) sports at the time it was clear that one group were generally racist, redneck, ignorant, and fashion challenged.
I have never looked back and regretted not associating myself with the "flagship" university of the state. The simplemindedness of the people attracted to supporting them was all to evident amongst my coworkers, management at work, and even my wifes family( all stricken with the "blue hole" virus and pitifully unable to seek a cure once infected.)
There is a reason national commentators never associate or comment on intelligent fanbase and UofK in the same sentence as they conversely praise the Cardinal faithful.
One only need look to the pregame of last years football game to see the true nature and character of the entire infected program. UOfKs last shot to win was last year with their surprising (for some) and juvenile pregame tactics. BP will not have forgotten their disrespect!!
This year will be a blowout and once again quotes from Petrino will ring in the ears of many mildcat fans for many years as he states "look at that score...Louisville 35- SLAPDICKS nothing. Those blue smurfs couldnt even score a point!"

Last edited:
Because I was curious:

Louisville started playing football in 1912. They did not field teams in 1917-1921 and 1943-45.
All-time, Louisville is 496-449-17 (52.2%).

Also something to factor in ... U of L didn't jump up to the division I level of football until 1962. We've only been playing with those advantages for 53 years.

Here are the schools that moved up, post WWII (UAB was 1996) - I bolded those schools who are now part of the Power 5 conferences ...
1948 Cincinnati
1949 Houston
1950 San Jose State
1955 Florida State
1957 Air Force
1959 New Mexico State
1960 Memphis
1961 Ohio
1961 Miami U.
1961 Bowling Green
1962 Louisville
1962 Toledo
1962 Kent
1962 Western Michigan
1963 Southern Mississippi
1966 East Carolina
1969 Northern Illinois
1969 San Diego State
1971 Temple
1973 Fresno State
1974 Hawaii
1974 Louisiana-Lafayette
1975 Ball State
1975 Central Michigan
1976 Eastern Michigan
1978 UNLV
1987 Akron
1989 Louisiana Tech
1992 Nevada
1992 Arkansas State
1994 Louisiana-Monroe
1995 North Texas
1996 Central Florida
1996 Boise State
1997 Idaho
1998 Marshall
1999 Buffalo
1999 Middle Tennessee
2001 South Florida
2002 Connecticut
2002 Troy State
2006 Florida Atlantic
2006 Florida International
2009 Western Kentucky
2012 Massachusetts
2012 South Alabama
2012 Texas State
2012 Texas-San Antonio
2013 Georgia State
2014 Old Dominion
2014 Georgia Southern
2014 Appalachian State
2015 Charlotte

Last edited:
Now they have a thread wanting to schedule Ohio State as an out of conference game lol they probably don't even know uk football exist lol
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Saw that, pretty funny stuff. That they think they can just ring up tOSU, and a game automatically gets scheduled.

If there was ever a team most schools wouldn't gain by playing, it's LPT. Certainly no credit if you win. We're taking a helluva risk every year.

LPT Football: Yeah but we're the SEC...

Reactions: LockdownCard
That's another reason UK is tied to the hip with UofL. The SEC requires every team play at least one P5 team OOC. No one else, with the possible exception of IU, has any reason to play UK. It's a no-win situation for any other team. It'd generate zero fan interest with other schools.

Kentucky's coming to Buckeye Homecoming. How do you sell that in Columbus?!

That's another reason UK is tied to the hip with UofL. The SEC requires every team play at least one P5 team OOC. No one else, with the possible exception of IU, has any reason to play UK. It's a no-win situation for any other team. It'd generate zero fan interest with other schools.

Kentucky's coming to Buckeye Homecoming. How do you sell that in Columbus?!
Thats like us going out of our to schedule northwestern in basketball.

It just doesn't benefit us or make a lick of sense. Ohio State and uk would be one helluva early season showdown.....says no one

I agree on Ohio St, UK is in no position to want any part of them. I'll pass
But you guys are SEC right??
Bigger,Stronger,Faster Right??
Stoops recruits and well nutritioned and developed right??
Is the "air raid" still in affect??
Towles is a sure fire first rounder right??
If you guys are going to beat Tenn,Florida and Mizzou then why not Ohio State too??
College football as a whole is trending downward while uk is the only program trending up??
All those Ohio recruits didn't want to play for Ohio State anyway..right?
Uk lost the two best defensive players to the draft(on an terrible defense) and somehow this team will magically be a force right??

But you guys are SEC right??
Bigger,Stronger,Faster Right??
Stoops recruits and well nutritioned and developed right??
Is the "air raid" still in affect??
Towles is a sure fire first rounder right??
If you guys are going to beat Tenn,Florida and Mizzou then why not Ohio State too??
College football as a whole is trending downward while uk is the only program trending up??
All those Ohio recruits didn't want to play for Ohio State anyway..right?
Uk lost the two best defensive players to the draft(on an terrible defense) and somehow this team will magically be a force right??

What!?!?
I never said UK is a force or power, you're reading a little too much into it. I said they are improved, by that I mean from where they were when Stoops took over.
If Ohio st wants a recruit from Ohio, they're going to get them. Ohio st is the defending national champ and favorite again this year. UT, Florida and mizzou are not at osu level right now.
I never stated UK is the only team trending up, not sure where that came from.
As for the defense, yes they lost the best player on defense, but depth depth depth makes up for that loss. Dupree wasn't able to go wide open the whole game due to always being on the field.

Why are you taking it personal that I think Stoops has UK going in the right direction? I never said just about any of what you posted, and neither has anyone else on here?

What!?!?
I never said UK is a force or power, you're reading a little too much into it. I said they are improved, by that I mean from where they were when Stoops took over.
If Ohio st wants a recruit from Ohio, they're going to get them. Ohio st is the defending national champ and favorite again this year. UT, Florida and mizzou are not at osu level right now.
I never stated UK is the only team trending up, not sure where that came from.
As for the defense, yes they lost the best player on defense, but depth depth depth makes up for that loss. Dupree wasn't able to go wide open the whole game due to always being on the field.

Why are you taking it personal that I think Stoops has UK going in the right direction? I never said just about any of what you posted, and neither has anyone else on here?
From the way you cat fans talk about all of the leaps and bounds the team will experience this year, my post is spot on. I can make a page long list of the delusion among your fan base.

Dont get pissy when you come on our board expecting your team to get a drop of respect. Nobody in the sec or the nation respect uk football and over on this side we sure as hell dont respect your program. You can try to force feed us that bs blue kool aid but we dont want it at all. I dont understand where all of this annual off-season cockiness and confidence comes from. If anything we should be the ones talking all the s*** because unless you guys we've put in work on the field the last decade and everything we've got we earned unlike uk who lives and breath off those sec welfare checks.

Well he wasn't being paid to be the recruiting coordinator after he took over as head coach. The whole program was his responsibility. And it declined immediately when he took over. That's why he lost the fans.
And lockdown was implying that UK gets enough high end talent from the state to get out of the gutter. That's just not feasible when looking at the majority of schools in the Sec. Especially when a lot of the best instate talent leaves the state.

CORRECT me IF I'm WRONG...How many times have we heard that UK's stragy WAS/IS, to LOCKDOWN the State of Kentucky when it comes to recruiting in state kids???

For YEARS, UK had 50-60 kids on the team from the Commonwealth, and that was how they recruited...And you WONDER why UK has been in the basement of the SEC for 60+ years!!!

Whats being said by SEVERAL here is that UK's FOCUS and GOAL, has been on GETTING EVERY HIGHLY RANKED (by EVERY Recruiting Services since the early 2000's) Kentucky HS Player since Bear Bryant coached at UK...That CANNOT be DENIED!!!

The Admin at Kentucky SCREWED UP BIG TIME when Howard WANTED to come back to UK to coach and you hired Jerry Clairborne instead...Because he was "YOUNGER"!!!

Howard knew that Kentucky didn't produce enough talent to field a competitive team, thats why at Louisville he recruited the top kids he could in Kentucky, but FOCUSED on recruiting in a 300 mile radius of Louisville and the Miami Market...That was his success...Since then (EXCEPT for CRAP-DORK), Louisville has had a recruiting presence in the Miami/Florida Market!!!

:cool:

From the way you cat fans talk about all of the leaps and bounds the team will experience this year, my post is spot on. I can make a page long list of the delusion among your fan base.

Dont get pissy when you come on our board expecting your team to get a drop of respect. Nobody in the sec or the nation respect uk football and over on this side we sure as hell dont respect your program. You can try to force feed us that bs blue kool aid but we dont want it at all. I dont understand where all of this annual off-season cockiness and confidence comes from. If anything we should be the ones talking all the s*** because unless you guys we've put in work on the field the last decade and everything we've got we earned unlike uk who lives and breath off those sec welfare checks.

Whatever man, but don't imply that I've said any of that because I haven't.

As I said before, I don't care or expect you to like or respect UK, makes me no difference. But don't act like UK fans are delusional when you can't even mention UK without getting upset.

CORRECT me IF I'm WRONG...How many times have we heard that UK's stragy WAS/IS, to LOCKDOWN the State of Kentucky when it comes to recruiting in state kids???

For YEARS, UK had 50-60 kids on the team from the Commonwealth, and that was how they recruited...And you WONDER why UK has been in the basement of the SEC for 60+ years!!!

Whats being said by SEVERAL here is that UK's FOCUS and GOAL, has been on GETTING EVERY HIGHLY RANKED (by EVERY Recruiting Services since the early 2000's) Kentucky HS Player since Bear Bryant coached at UK...That CANNOT be DENIED!!!

The Admin at Kentucky SCREWED UP BIG TIME when Howard WANTED to come back to UK to coach and you hired Jerry Clairborne instead...Because he was "YOUNGER"!!!

Howard knew that Kentucky didn't produce enough talent to field a competitive team, thats why at Louisville he recruited the top kids he could in Kentucky, but FOCUSED on recruiting in a 300 mile radius of Louisville and the Miami Market...That was his success...Since then (EXCEPT for CRAP-DORK), Louisville has had a recruiting presence in the Miami/Florida Market!!!

It is UK's strategy, but strategy and reality aren't always entwined.
And I agree, UK screwed up not hiring Schnellenberger, big time.
I'm not following you on the recruiting angle, I agree there isn't enough talent in the state to field a competitive d1 program. But the top talent instate should be a priority wouldn't you agree?
One reason Bryant left was because the school wouldn't let him recruit out of state.

It is UK's strategy, but strategy and reality aren't always entwined. And I agree, UK screwed up not hiring Schnellenberger, big time.
I'm not following you on the recruiting angle, I agree there isn't enough talent in the state to field a competitive d1 program. But the top talent instate should be a priority wouldn't you agree?
One reason Bryant left was because the school wouldn't let him recruit out of state.

How can you NOT follow me on the recruiting angle???

UK had 50-60+ Kentucky kids on the team EVERY YEAR...REGARDLESS of TALENT...Till 5-6 years ago...Because of the thinking that YOU HAD TO LOCKDOWN THE STATE OF KENTUCKY and GET EVERY HIGHLY RANKED KENTUCKY KID...And OTHERS, that were DIE HARD UK FANS GROWING UP...It's NOT Hard to Understand!!!

That WAS and STILL IS the way UK recruites the Commonwealth...Get ALL the HIGHLY RANKED Kentucky kids you can and take as many other Kentucky kids as possible...EVEN if they're Walk-Ons!!!

How can you NOT follow me on the recruiting angle???

UK had 50-60+ Kentucky kids on the team EVERY YEAR...REGARDLESS of TALENT...Till 5-6 years ago...Because of the thinking that YOU HAD TO LOCKDOWN THE STATE OF KENTUCKY and GET EVERY HIGHLY RANKED KENTUCKY KID...And OTHERS, that were DIE HARD UK FANS GROWING UP...It's NOT Hard to Understand!!!

That WAS and STILL IS the way UK recruites the Commonwealth...Get ALL the HIGHLY RANKED Kentucky kids you can and take as many other Kentucky kids as possible...EVEN if they're Walk-Ons!!!

No, you're not right KY did not have 50-60 KY kids on their roster 5-6 years ago.
It's hard to understand because it's completely wrong.
UK has 13 KY kids on the roster. 13

So, you can determine what we "imply", but the opposite doesn't hold? Just wanna make sure I got the rules straight.

LPT Football: Making it up as we go along...

You're talking in circles. I have never said any of what he posted. And what's sad is you know it and still chose to post that. Why?
I've never implied any of that either, in fact just the opposite. I think UK has improved, not that they're a juggernaut, but better than they were when Stoops arrived.

You're talking in circles. I have never said any of what he posted. And what's sad is you know it and still chose to post that. Why?
I've never implied any of that either, in fact just the opposite. I think UK has improved, not that they're a juggernaut, but better than they were when Stoops arrived.

Bill, why dont you get a real life, instead of being a laughingstock for trying to debate nonsensical unmeasurable unquantifiable dreams and ruminations? Come visit our board, but you are looking pretty pathetic..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LockdownCard

Bill, why dont you get a real life, instead of being a laughingstock for trying to debate nonsensical unmeasurable unquantifiable dreams and ruminations? Come visit our board, but you are looking pretty pathetic..

Yea, I'm the one looking nonsensical. And my life is just fine. Actually couldn't be much better, but thanks man!

You're talking in circles. I have never said any of what he posted. And what's sad is you know it and still chose to post that. Why?...
What I see is you trying to read between the lines of U of L posters, but balking when they do that for you. So, I'll ask the question... Why?

LPT Football: Because our lines are intentionally blurred...

That link didn't show the 2009 UK roster, but I went to 247 sports and looked it up. They did have 32, so I stand corrected. It's not 50-60 but it's more than I remembered them having.

Whatever man, but don't imply that I've said any of that because I haven't.

As I said before, I don't care or expect you to like or respect UK, makes me no difference. But don't act like UK fans are delusional when you can't even mention UK without getting upset.
Its not about you mentioning uk and someone getting upset. Its the fact that fans like you are out of touch with reality and when we call you out on it you continue to try to justify what you believe and feel when we really dont care at all.

Do you even post on your own board??

Why are you on our board, shouldn't you be on Tennessee,Florida,Alabama and Auburns board??

You know a lot of our fans act exactly like UK fans do on their board.
Why would Louisville fans feel the need to have the approval of uk fans watson?

We are highly respected by fans of Fsu,Miami,Clemson,Florida,ND. Uk doesn't fit in the same sentence as those teams mentioned so therefore their approval means NOTHING.

Once again, I'm good with LPT Bill being here. And it's OK for him to be firmly pro-LPT; more fun that way.

What I don't like seeing in him are double standards. To use his word "imply", that it's OK for him to interpret something a U of L fan says. But the reverse is not OK, interpreting what Bill "implies". He takes issue with that.

Or when he tires of the argument, suggesting that his opponent "just wants to argue". Although I understand how he would fatigue being here often as the only LPT guy, that's a cop out.

LPT Bill is welcome, in my opinion, with his flaws. He also has to accept that we will point those flaws out to him.

LPT Football: Flaws everywhere...

Once again, I'm good with LPT Bill being here. And it's OK for him to be firmly pro-LPT; more fun that way.

What I don't like seeing in him are double standards. To use his word "imply", that it's OK for him to interpret something a U of L fan says. But the reverse is not OK, interpreting what Bill "implies". He takes issue with that.

Or when he tires of the argument, suggesting that his opponent "just wants to argue". Although I understand how he would fatigue being here often as the only LPT guy, that's a cop out.

LPT Bill is welcome, in my opinion, with his flaws. He also has to accept that we will point those flaws out to him.

Agree with this ...

And, as far as I can tell, he hasn't given one concrete piece of evidence, to dispell the title of this thread ... that LPT has, in fact, closed the gap with Louisville. Zero. Zip. Nada. 12 pages long. And not one thing to stand on.

LPT is LPT. At best a middle of the road football program, in a conference that cares waaaaaay more about football than they do, and allows them to suckle upon the teet that is football bowl monies, because ... I guess ... even good conferences need a homecoming opponent.

Its not about you mentioning uk and someone getting upset. Its the fact that fans like you are out of touch with reality and when we call you out on it you continue to try to justify what you believe and feel when we really dont care at all.

Do you even post on your own board??

Why are you on our board, shouldn't you be on Tennessee,Florida,Alabama and Auburns board??

Out of touch with reality? What have I written that's out of touch? that I believe UK is going in the right direction under Stoops? That's not reality?

You're acting like I've said UK is going to win the Sec this year and be in the playoffs.
Ignore my posts if you don't like them. It's easy to do.

I don't tire of a legitimate argument or have double standards. I don't see the point of arguing ad nauseum over something like me saying UK should emulate Mizzou. Or someone implying I've said Outrageous claims about UK when I've made it a point to describe the small improvements the program has made.

Agree with this ...

And, as far as I can tell, he hasn't given one concrete piece of evidence, to dispell the title of this thread ... that LPT has, in fact, closed the gap with Louisville. Zero. Zip. Nada. 12 pages long. And not one thing to stand on.

LPT is LPT. At best a middle of the road football program, in a conference that cares waaaaaay more about football than they do, and allows them to suckle upon the teet that is football bowl monies, because ... I guess ... even good conferences need a homecoming opponent.

Ok, good thing is we'll get to see the results on the field in a few weeks that'll seem like an eternity.

It's possible UK may have peaked under Stoops last year. The SEC East isn't going to stay down forever. Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, and SC are trying too hard to win big time, and Missouri is going to be solid until they change coaches. Louisville isn't going into the tank under Petrino, either.

UK only seems to do well when the teams around them get worse. I just feel like in 2-3 years, the SEC East is going to be much tougher than it was last year, and UK could only win twice against the worst SEC East I can remember.

I think that world where Brooks and Joker went to multiple bowls no longer exists for UK. The road to 6 wins just seems impossible, unless Stoops turns out to be some kind of superstar. And so far he hasn't shown signs of greatness.

That link didn't show the 2009 UK roster, but I went to 247 sports and looked it up. They did have 32, so I stand corrected. It's not 50-60 but it's more than I remembered them having.

Don't know why it didn't open for you "Wild Bill"...Unless you can't support opening an Adobe File...It has 40 Kentucky kids listed...I'm sure if you went a few years back beyond 2009 you'd see the numbers increase...Having a roster FULL of 2-3* Kentucky Kids isn't like having a roster full of 2-3* Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Ohio, South Carolina etc...kids...Thats what UK HAD for WAY TOO MANY YEARS!!!

Don't know why it didn't open for you "Wild Bill"...Unless you can't support opening an Adobe File...It has 40 Kentucky kids listed...I'm sure if you went a few years back beyond 2009 you'd see the numbers increase...Having a roster FULL of 2-3* Kentucky Kids isn't like having a roster full of 2-3* Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Ohio, South Carolina etc...kids...Thats what UK HAD for WAY TOO MANY YEARS!!!

It opened but it was a current roster and I didn't dig too much, just went to 247 cause I was on it yesterday.

I agree that you can't have a roster full of KY kids and compete in the Sec. And the state doesn't produce enough top end talent like other sec states.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT