ADVERTISEMENT

Ramsey and Rutherford

I'm disappointed but i'm sure that slot will be filled with another set of pro card personalities and h. Free programming so it's no big loss to me personally. I've quit plenty of sales and marketing jobs. That business and radio /tv are cut throat businesses. No apolgy needed in my eyes.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Just heard that a branch of UofL did help fund the show so budget cuts could be part of the equation.
Think GOv Bevin involved. Funny how since he's been governor a lot of Frankfort (pro Uk) negtive things have been happening to U of L. Not that pres Ramsey self inflicted alot it.

Do you guys who were long time listeners feel that it is total bull sh$t that you get no explanation. You tune in every day and listen and they just up and leave and don't tell you anything ? The more I think about it the more I feel that it is a very shallow thing for them to do. I would have expected better from John Ramsey.

I sense you felt a personal attachment, and radio does tend to do that. But the reality is, radio is a business, and people have personal lives.

When the doctor leaves the practice, the librarian that everyone loves resigns, or everybody's favorite bartender decides to move to Florida, they don't owe explanations to any of the clientele. There may have been personality conflicts or dirty laundry or family issues or contract clauses or any number of things. You don't know.

So please don't judge. I'm sure they did what they thought was right under the circumstances.

Reactions: eastwood45789
Just heard that a branch of UofL did help fund the show so budget cuts could be part of the equation.
Think GOv Bevin involved. Funny how since he's been governor a lot of Frankfort (pro Uk) negtive things have been happening to U of L. Not that pres Ramsey self inflicted alot it.
President Ramsey handed them the bullets. I must admit Bevins had me fooled thought he was pro UL and the city. Boy was I wrong.

Reactions: FURYREVENGE4
I highly doubt that U of L budget issues are affecting ESPN radio Louisville. Reason why i used to work for a radio station in sales and marketing and believe me ESPN, has big dollar advertisers which fuel it's local programming and budgets. Bottom line it ain't about money.issues . From what i'm hearing in my work world it's more of a quality of life issue with both. Mike is the editor of a very lucrative sports site and we all know about John and his other ventures.
Rutherford on his Card Chronicle blog recently alluded to heavy work load with lots of commitments as the reason. Doesn't explain the abrupt exit, however.

Last edited:
President Ramsey handed them the bullets. I must admit Bevins had me fooled thought he was pro UL and the city. Boy was I wrong.
James Ramsey and the grotesque administrative salaries that were being paid had to stop. That is pro U of L. Nobody else had the courage to do that.

Reactions: tluck28
James Ramsey and the grotesque administrative salaries that were being paid had to stop. That is pro U of L. Nobody else had the courage to do that.
Maybe so but the growth the University showed during his tenure may never be duplicated again. And hopefully has not come to a screeching halt. And I'm not just talking about sports. The footprint of UL has changed greatly and their are many outside of Louisville that just didn't like that. In their minds we didn't know our place. You know little brother BS.

Sorry you can't tell me if you were to open and dig in the . books at the state school UK where all the money is going too. From donors also in this state. that you cannot uncover the same type financial shenanigans that U of L had with Ramsey. educators,administrators, politicians and donors are all in bed together at every school and level..

Maybe so but the growth the University showed during his tenure may never be duplicated again. And hopefully has not come to a screeching halt. And I'm not just talking about sports. The footprint of UL has changed greatly and their are many outside of Louisville that just didn't like that. In their minds we didn't know our place. You know little brother BS.
Frankfort old heads do not like U of L on equal footing or out doing the state school UK period.

Sorry you can't tell me if you were to open and dig in the . books at the state school UK where all the money is going too. From donors also in this state. that you cannot uncover the same type financial shenanigans that U of L had with Ramsey. educators,administrators, politicians and donors are all in bed together at every school and level..
Tuition rates for students have gone up while conniving administrators were paid stupid amounts of money. This does not benefit higher education at U of L. We are all grateful that Governor Bevin is getting this corrected.

Tuition rates for students have gone up while conniving administrators were paid stupid amounts of money. This does not benefit higher education at U of L. We are all grateful that Governor Bevin is getting this corrected.

Yes, we are all grateful for Bevin putting UofL in a position of losing its accreditation. In fact, we are psyched about it.

Ok how do you explain the rising cost at SuCk. Is Bevin's cleaning up SuCk or is he only concerned about cleaning up UL. Crooked university really. Look at our growth. The amount of out of state student the number of on campus students. We have one of the top education departments in the country. Not sure about the other departments. The Grant dollars that have been brought to UL. I'll admit that the salaries and monies handed out can be questioned, but I'm not sure how that compares to other universities. Point being yes things needed to be reigned in but crooked. No. I think some good people got over zealous and a bit power hungry. But UL has benefited. I just think a lot of focus is on UL while the school 90 miles down the road gets a pass. One thing for sure I can see the changes that took place all over the campus.

Bevin started turning things around. I think you have confused him with the Beshears.

Bevin started turning things around. I think you have confused him with the Beshears.

Governor Beshear is 100% complicit with the illegal make up of the previous board. However, none of his actions resulted in UofL receiving probation from their accrediting agency. That's on Bevin 100%. He had options. He went with "f*** it." That's what elected officials with absolutely no political experience do. Hey, hold it a sec. That sounds very familiar.

Potentially losing accreditation is not what most would consider "cleaning up."

UofL is NOT going to lose accreditation. You must know this. I'm not a Bevin guy but this whole accreditation thing is temporary and will be solved sooner rather than later.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

That's what elected officials with absolutely no political experience do. Hey, hold it a sec. That sounds very familiar.
Oh yeah.

And experienced ones spend us into $20 Trillion debt, while becoming multi-millionaire$ themselves.

Give me inexperienced everytime.

Accreditation is not going to be an issue. Like most things, pretty sure money will fix it. :rolleyes:

UofL is NOT going to lose accreditation. You must know this. I'm not a Bevin guy but this whole accreditation thing is temporary and will be solved sooner rather than later.

How, why must anyone know this? Probation is one step closer to no accreditation. Bevin did that.

Reactions: FURYREVENGE4
Oh yeah.

And experienced ones spend us into $20 Trillion debt, while becoming multi-millionaire$ themselves.

Give me inexperienced everytime.

Accreditation is not going to be an issue. Like most things, pretty sure money will fix it. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure money will fix it? You complain about debt, then on the flip encourage spending to fix a problem? C'mon, man.

Reactions: BPGhost
Ok how do you explain the rising cost at SuCk. Is Bevin's cleaning up SuCk or is he only concerned about cleaning up UL. Crooked university really. Look at our growth. The amount of out of state student the number of on campus students. We have one of the top education departments in the country. Not sure about the other departments. The Grant dollars that have been brought to UL. I'll admit that the salaries and monies handed out can be questioned, but I'm not sure how that compares to other universities. Point being yes things needed to be reigned in but crooked. No. I think some good people got over zealous and a bit power hungry. But UL has benefited. I just think a lot of focus is on UL while the school 90 miles down the road gets a pass. One thing for sure I can see the changes that took place all over the campus.
The previous university president way over did it with filling his own pockets and some top administrators while scandals occurred Tuition rates went up questionably. We are all grateful that the Governor had the courage to protect the students and the public, as well as donors. Notice that the interim president went to the University of Cincinnati. Cleaning up embarrassing messes is not fun.

Reactions: Kybluedude
Frankfort old heads like Greg Stumbo have lost a lot of elections recently.
What exactly does your comment have to do with the post you were replying to? You think the person that beat stumbo is going to be more pro-Louisville? Anti-Louisville, and anti-UofL sentiment is prevalent in the state - and even more so with republicans.

The previous university president way over did it with filling his own pockets and some top administrators while scandals occurred Tuition rates went up questionably. We are all grateful that the Governor had the courage to protect the students and the public, as well as donors. Notice that the interim president went to the University of Cincinnati. Cleaning up embarrassing messes is not fun.
While cleaning up messes isn't fun - Pinto left for UC because of his (and his family's) ties to that university and city.

What exactly does your comment have to do with the post you were replying to? You think the person that beat stumbo is going to be more pro-Louisville? Anti-Louisville, and anti-UofL sentiment is prevalent in the state - and even more so with republicans.
No one likes the corruption and scandals that have plagued U of L. It's about the students. We are all grateful for the Governors efforts to clean this up.

While cleaning up messes isn't fun - Pinto left for UC because of his (and his family's) ties to that university and city.
According to The Louisville Cardinal on 3-29-17, the U of L foundation moved to eliminate the deferred compensation program immediately. The deferred payments went in large to former U of L president James Ramsey, who made millions alongside is salary.

Pretty sure money will fix it? You complain about debt, then on the flip encourage spending to fix a problem? C'mon, man.
Point being UL (and the foundation) has bragged about how much money we've made since joint the ACC. (This is why I have a problem with rising ticket prices)

We have it. Others want it. SACS will come up with a "fine" or something and we'll be good again.

Old politicians don't have it, but want it anyway.

Simple difference between debt by spending what we don't have, and ransom by paying what we do.

It's not about politics. It's about money. Large schools (and athletic depts) are all business today.

You guys have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to top executive pay at top universities. UofL will not make any strides unless it increases senior management and department head salaries. If UofL wants to increase its stature it will need to raise its salaries to competitive levels.

Ramsey did nothing unethical, improper, and certainly not illegal. This is coming from a convo with the state auditor. As far as shenanigans, can somebody please show me one example? How much YOU think someone should be paid is not an example.

Many disagreeed with how Ramsey was spending funds and how things were structured but the people Ramsey answered to signed off on his actions. The University prospered under this arrangement. Now the school is struggling to find a quality President who will work for such a low salary and nothing "big picture" is getting done.

Anybody who places the last 4 years of BOT disfunction at the feet of Bevin is a Jonny come lately who only gets their news from the Curious Urinal. The disfunction started with Bresher's appointees starting a power grab against how things were done. Even though the BOT was constituted illegally the new appointees made it their mission to try and grab the control away from Ramsey. The BOT was stacked with members who had their own personal agendas against the Foundation. Some were former developers who had a deal with the Foundation fall through. One was a former health care senior manager who lost out on the contact with University. Others were developers who didn't like the Foundation real estate/development holdings because it competes with their own business interests. Thankfully Bevin stepped in to fix the disfunction and appoint members who put the University ahead of their own interests.

The only way UofL is going to continue an upward trajectory is if the Foundation can find/create alternative revenue streams.

I know nothing about nothing here..But how much impact did Owsley Brown Frazier's passing have here?

The reality is that very few people know anything firsthand on this subject or many others. We sadly live in times where info is fabricated and substituted for the truth. And too many people believe what they wanna believe esp. if it fits some sort of personal agenda they have...

Reactions: gocds
People are not that stupid. They realize that the financial interests of a few big shots were being taken care of while student tuition increased. Only the blind don't know the basketball program has image and maybe more real problems. Potential high level administrators know this too. It's time for people to get on board with the house cleaning. There is no more room under the rug to sweep this stuff to.

Reactions: Kybluedude
In reality tuition rates have very little, or nothing, to do with salaries or the size of the endowment. Contributions from the state legislature have almost everything to do with those tuition rates. However, with that being said, the tremendous advantage that uahkay has in those tax dollars has absolutely NO effect on tuition rates in Lessington. I'm not defending what happened on James Ramsey's watch but I will defend, with ease, the improvement in UofL's upwardd trajectory during his years at UofL.

In reality tuition rates have very little, or nothing, to do with salaries or the size of the endowment. Contributions from the state legislature have almost everything to do with those tuition rates. However, with that being said, the tremendous advantage that uahkay has in those tax dollars has absolutely NO effect on tuition rates in Lessington. I'm not defending what happened on James Ramsey's watch but I will defend, with ease, the improvement in UofL's upwardd trajectory during his years at UofL.

Wow! Talk about hijacking a thread. What happened to R&R?

back on topic......so what happened to these two clowns? they just up and disappeared like a fart in the wind. No explanation, no thank you for listening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT