ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino was right.

The Refs didn't cause UofL to lose this game - We lost because we didn't make the shots we needed to make to win this game - simple. Let's quit making excuses and call it the way we see it as it is. Lee had a 3 that rimmed out and we missed several easy layups! Some shots taken were fouls but most of the easy shots we missed was on us. Hit 3 more Free Throws and we win. The name of the game is to outscore your opponent and we didn't do that. The team will be alright and this loss doesn't define the rest of the season.

There is no debate which team has had the better players since Cal took over. Many of UK's recent wins had enough to do with officiating. I'm not arguing that UofL was better than UK these past several years. My point is the games at Rupp arena. What happened today was typical and you know it. If Ulis got two fouls in the first five minutes and had to sit and Murray had to play with four fouls the last part of the 2nd half that would not have been typical.

Marcus Lee and Charles Matthews were in foul trouble the entire second half.

It's a tough rivalry to officiate. I thought refs did a decent job besides the two shooting attempts by Lee. Other than that they penalized UK for holding away from the ball on several occasions. These were not make up calls they quickly helped put the cards in the double bonus.

The Refs didn't cause UofL to lose this game - We lost because we didn't make the shots we needed to make to win this game - simple. Let's quit making excuses and call it the way we see it as it is. Lee had a 3 that rimmed out and we missed several easy layups! Some shots taken were fouls but most of the easy shots we missed was on us. Hit 3 more Free Throws and we win. The name of the game is to outscore your opponent and we didn't do that. The team will be alright and this loss doesn't define the rest of the season.
100% spot on but I would like to point out the poor officiating didn't help UofL as much as it helped UofK. There were some easy to make blatant no calls that killed UofL more than it killed UofK. I'll go to my grave believing that.

The damage was done in the first half when UK had 18 points from the foul line and UL had 8 points from the foul line. Most of the fouls came at the end of the half and enabled UK to build their big lead which took us most of the 2nd half to recover from. They evened the fouls in the 2nd half where in the stats it didn't look as bad but they weren't consistent on the foul calls.

Two main reasons Louisville lost: (1) we managed by some miracle to shoot very well from behind the arc, finally. In my opinion, the main reason for that was Briscoe being on the bench and the ball movement was improved. UK fans will eat me alive when I post that on Rafters. (2) Poythress, also finally, figured out how to beat the 2-3 zone and, of course, Tyler isn't going to waste any time at all getting the ball to him at the free throw line when he's got just one man on his hip. This ended when Pitino showed a 1-3-1, Cal's nemesis. Anyway, it was like two things that we've been waiting and waiting to happen (the 2nd of which we've been waiting on for more than 3 years), finally happened Saturday.

The damage was done in the first half when UK had 18 points from the foul line and UL had 8 points from the foul line. Most of the fouls came at the end of the half and enabled UK to build their big lead which took us most of the 2nd half to recover from. They evened the fouls in the 2nd half where in the stats it didn't look as bad but they weren't consistent on the foul calls.
18??? UK only made 16 the whole game.

Not according to what they showed on tv

Not sure what game you were watching, but here are the totals:
UK: 16/25 Free Throws, 19 Personal Fouls, 1 Technical Foul
UL: 15/22 Free Throws, 21 Personal Fouls, 1 Technical Foul

So for the game... UL was called for 2 more fouls, UK shot a total of 3 more free throws and had 1 more point from the line.

There were missed calls that went both ways, there were no calls that went both ways, there were bad calls that went both ways, there we touch fouls and whistles away from the ball that went both ways ... just like there is in EVERY game. The refs are not perfect, not by any stretch of the imagination, but that was one of the the more evenly called games I remember watching in a long time. The refs were NOT a factor. Can we please put that to rest now?

I think you're confusing points in the paint with free throws or CBS mislabeled it.

So Louisville shoots double bonus with 6:28 left and Kentucky's not even in the bonus and Kentucky had home court advantage?
Screenshot_2015-12-26-14-08-30-1-1_zpsoikfsnr0.png
^^^ This. Facts speak for themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT