ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year’s TCU

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
At the beginning of the season TCU was 200-1 to win CFP. Basically no shot. Well, someone off the radar is gonna be like TCU next year. And I think that team very well might be the Cards. Here’s why:

1) like Sonny Dykes we have brought in a proven, experienced winner as a head coach
2) we bring a offensive system that other teams aren’t used to
3) we have a very manageable schedule
4) we have a system that doesn’t require of to overpower Clemson because we don’t have the beef to do that. But we do have the cheetahs to outrun them (like Tenn did)
5) ACC QB defections. Most of the top teams are losing their QBs and replacing them with lesser players. UNC and FSU are the exceptions to this but UNCs defense is Swiss cheese and FSU has Mike Norvell as HC
6) our defense is good enough to win the conference. With the returning guys along with our big portal adds, we have enough size and speed on defense
7) Energy and momentum! The Cards fanbase is reinvigorated and ready to explode.

Here’s to a great ride in 2023!!

I picked
UofL to make the playoffs in a poll on the National board.
Of course it was met with derision, but dont care.

Cards will make the playoffs.
Not saying it’s an impossibility at all but, let’s pump the brakes just a bit. All for enthusiasm but, let’s not put unreasonable expectations on Brohm’s first year.

Not saying it’s an impossibility at all but, let’s pump the brakes just a bit. All for enthusiasm but, let’s not put unreasonable expectations on Brohm’s first year.

Simply put, I think we’ve upgraded our talent and coaching while most other ACC schools have not. I’d expect FSU and Clemson to both be top 15 preseason. I think we will be in the “others receiving votes” section.

At the beginning of the season TCU was 200-1 to win CFP. Basically no shot. Well, someone off the radar is gonna be like TCU next year. And I think that team very well might be the Cards. Here’s why:

1) like Sonny Dykes we have brought in a proven, experienced winner as a head coach
4) we have a system that doesn’t require of to overpower Clemson because we don’t have the beef to do that. But we do have the cheetahs to outrun them (like Tenn did)
5) ACC QB defections. Most of the top teams are losing their QBs and replacing them with lesser players. UNC and FSU are the exceptions to this but UNCs defense is Swiss cheese and FSU has Mike Norvell as HC
6) our defense is good enough to win the conference. With the returning guys along with our big portal adds, we have enough size and speed on defense
7) Energy and momentum! The Cards fanbase is reinvigorated and ready to explode.

You beat me to it I was going to say it will be us. And if not next season we will be in the playoffs when they expand. The transfer portal is going to make the playfield level for everyone now. Yeah the Alabama’s and the Georgia’s are still going to get the top guys but will they be able to keep all of them?

Reactions: Mayoman
You beat me to it I was going to say it will be us. And if not next season we will be in the playoffs when they expand. The transfer portal is going to make the playfield level for everyone now. Yeah the Alabama’s and the Georgia’s are still going to get the top guys but will they be able to keep all of them?

Bama has 18 or more players in the portal.
Love to get a 5 star lineman from them. Offense or defense. Both.

Reactions: Sioux Falls Eric
Umm norvell is a star in the making

Georgia is loaded. Kirby has them on a different level. They don’t lose very many in the portal and grab what they need. They may be the 1st to win it 3 times in a row. It will boil down to the new QB.

Reactions: Deeva

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT