ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Pitt Game Thread

Why tf is zan playing? He's not bringing the ball up, they stick him in the corner and run a 4 man offense and is being shredded on d. Damn our coach is an idiot of the highest order.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
Why tf is zan playing? He's not bringing the ball up, they stick him in the corner and run a 4 man offense and is being shredded on d. Damn our coach is an idiot of the highest order.
Because he's available. You do know more than 5 players need to play in a game? The dude is a guard. Manny is a big man. Who else is there than ZP?

Before we know ZP will start when another player goes down.

Because he's available. You do know more than 5 players need to play in a game? The dude is a guard. Manny is a big man. Who else is there than ZP?

Before we know ZP will start when another player goes down.
We have 7 scholarship players available. White and James handled the ball. We didn't need a do nothing guard to bring the ball up. He got his ass tore up on defense. Would have rather seen BHH and Okorafor in at the same time and move Glenn to sf.

Last edited:
People lose their mind over ZP when they are losing by 25 points is interesting. Like him playing or not playing matters. It would be different if it was a 1 possession game and ZP was playing instead of James.

A coach playing their son draws more criticism than anything else it has been that way since tee ball.

LOL! Playing Zan most certainly matters. It's a snapshot of how far your program is in the gutter any game you see him playing in, unless he's a victory cigar, which he most certainly has not been used as.

The poor kid doesn't warrant a uniform, much less any playing time. He gives you nothing. He just does not belong here. If we're going to excuse his existence on the team and logging meaningful minutes, we may as well demand KP put us on the team and we need to play too.

Even in last night's dire circumstances they had 3 guards and 7 scholly players. Maybe you try to buy a few minutes with a walk on but you still don't need him half the game, nor do you need him for all the other games he's forced him into either.

It's embarrassing for the player and his dad.

He's scored 5 points in 18 games 113 minutes. He can't even make a FT. It's nepotism and it's cringe.

Yeah it didn’t matter they lost by freaking 25+ points. Good lord. They lost because the whole freaking team which is 99% scholarship players.

Yes playing any walk-on meaningful minutes is how far the program has fallen. Losing you mind of ZP playing is funny when you should be losing you mind over an our scholarship players given up 41 points to a guy that will be playing in YMCA leagues within a year.

Don't know about losing my mind, furious maybe. And not blaming zan, hell if I was sitting on Louisville bench and he told me to go in I'm not going to say no. Was pissed that our coach thought it was a winning strategy to play a twinkie with extra filling 20 minutes when he was being abused. It really isn't about winning. The team couldn't overcome pittsburgh when your own coach is tying your hands behind your back.

Now I'm no fan of ZP playing when there was scholarship guards he was playing over. But yesterday there just wasn't much of an option. He played 20 minutes and had 2 rebounds, an assist and a steal. Glenn had 0 assists or steals.

He didn't and won't ever be someone who will make a difference on the court for Louisville, but he didn't give nothing. Whether he played against Pitt or not, the outcome was going to be the same.

My point is there is plenty to be furious about playing ZP is about the last thing I would be upset about. Now if we want to list all the things that has led up to him playing then I am good with that discussion.

This thread ended up targeting ZP not the actual scholarship players. That to me that has nothing to do with how ZP did or didn’t impact the game but everything to do with people being mad KP. ZP is just catching strays. That isn’t fair to the kid.

Nobody is losing their mind. Just because somebody firmly disagrees with you for good reason does not mean they are insane.

If you think it's okay to have Zan playing meaningful minutes at UofL then all I can say is I am glad you aren't going to be the next HC.

18 games played is 15-16 games too many. He warranted 2 victory cigars. That's it.

Last night was a #'s issue but not for 20 minutes and it wasn't a #'s issue when he started at WF good lawd. Nor was it a #'s issue when he got in there and did nothing in the 1st half vs TX. They lost @ the buzzer there, not by 25.

He's not the reason you're down 25 last night but he's a big part of the reason you're staying down 25. He does nothing.

2 rebounds in 20 minutes is nothing, it's just a result of being out there. He's got 5 points the entire season! Yikes! If he wasn't Kenny's kid he would not have played this much this year.

Don't know about losing my mind, furious maybe. And not blaming zan, hell if I was sitting on Louisville bench and he told me to go in I'm not going to say no. Was pissed that our coach thought it was a winning strategy to play a twinkie with extra filling 20 minutes when he was being abused. It really isn't about winning. The team couldn't overcome pittsburgh when your own coach is tying your hands behind your back.
Agree. It's the big picture. If this is the first time Zan is forced into it that's one thing. But that's not what this is. It's just embarrassing for the HC the way he's forced the kid into so many games in 1st halves over healthy scholarship players. So fans are already over it, and when it then becomes a #'s game and he actually might have to wedge his kid in there, fans are already exhausted on it. And when he makes that 20 minutes instead of 5 it's just more twisting of the knife.

I don't know why us pointing this out is controversial, it really isn't.

Prior to the season, most every pundit defined what would need to happen for Payne to get another year. Some said the tournament or bust. Others said at least a .500 record. Both of those have now been eliminated. Yes, the Cards could make the tournament if they win the ACC tournament, and if they do, they would still need a few wins in the NCAA tournament to have a winning record. But, in reality…that’s not gonna happened.

During the season, many pundits kept lowering the bar to, “well, they are playing harder” and, “you can definitely see improvement”. These proclamations always had to be tempered with the knowledge that wins still weren’t occurring at an acceptable rate.

So here we are. Out of excuses, no metrics met, not a single signed recruit and losses continuing to mount. Stick a fork in the KP era (error). It’s done.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
Stick a fork in the KP era (error). It’s done.
I hope you're right. I'm just not sure.

The fact that the offense got better, we've doubled, and may even triple our win total from last year are going to be arguing points for the KP Mafia to point to progress. All the injuries are going to be used as a crutch too..

I just wish they would've canned him in December.. The fact they didn't doesn't give me a lot of confidence they will..

I hope you're right. I'm just not sure.

The fact that the offense got better, we've doubled, and may even triple our win total from last year are going to be arguing points for the KP Mafia to point to progress. All the injuries are going to be used as a crutch too..

I just wish they would've canned him in December.. The fact they didn't doesn't give me a lot of confidence they will..
I'm in the camp of having no idea what to expect. I'm suspicious of anyone who says it's a done deal either way. It really is a chaotic situation when you talk about a team that's won 8 games, and a program that has trended downward since the 2020-21 season.

For us as fans, unless we're in BOT zoom meetings, we have no idea what these people want to do. They have enough cover to go either way if they want to.

The good news for fans is we get to find out in about 4 weeks. They can't hide Payne if he's coming back, and if he's leaving it has to happen end of season at the latest in order to salvage anything for 2024-25 season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT