ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville receives commitment from Kamari Lands

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
Per 247 Sports:

Louisville men's basketball is off to a great start in 2022. Four-star wing Kamari Lands announced his commitment to Louisville on New Year's Day.

The Cardinals beat out fellow finalist Arizona State for the , as well as others including Syracuse, Kansas, Memphis, Texas Tech and DePaul. Lands originally committed to Syracuse during the spring but backed off that decision in August.

Lands becomes the third member of Louisville's 2022 recruiting class, joining forward Tae Davis and center Fredrick King.

The 6-foot-8 prospect, a native of Indianapolis who now plays at Hillcrest Prep in Phoenix, Ariz., made a visit to Louisville in early November and left impressed.

"It went great," Lands told Cardinal Authority. "I like the school a whole lot. They showed me a great time and show me what I needed to see.

"Everything went right during the visit and overall it was just a really good time."

Lands said he really enjoyed his time with UofL head coach Chris Mack and the staff and said the message from the Cardinals' has been consistent since they started back in the recruiting process with him.

"Basically, they think I can fit into their program really well," Lands said. "They said I am a guy they really want and they have been trying to find that guy and they believe I am that guy. They need a game-changer and they think I can be that for them."

247Sports Director of Scouting Jerry Meyer provided a scouting report on the four-star wing prospect.

“Has great length for a wing player. Has the frame to add weight while already possessing a solid frame. A good athlete with a high quality shooting stroke both off the catch and off the dribble. Not known as a creative ball handler or playmaker at this point. More of a straight ahead slasher when attacking the rim. Utilizes a hesitation dribble. Can get to a spot for his pull up jumper and is dangerous in transition. Has all the makings of being a versatile defender and can rebound his position.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT