ADVERTISEMENT

Levitch...again...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
Please Rick, if that's the best sitting over there we're screwed. Levitch can't guard my mom, and she can't go left! Spare me the comedy, or is this a tragedy!

I mean if CRP looks down the bench and Levitch who he wants to play that's fine with me. My only question is why no Aaron??? Started one game and then hasn't been seen. Gill isn't much more effective at on ball defense as Levitch and he already has at least 1 foul maybe 2 not sure.

Originally posted by ShortCreek:
Please Rick, if that's the best sitting over there we're screwed. Levitch can't guard my mom, and she can't go left! Spare me the comedy, or is this a tragedy!
It's not fair to single out Levitch when the starting point guard is giving it up more often than a $10 hooker.

Take care of the ball and Levitch isn't in the game. It's that simple.

Calling it like I see it. Anybody that's watched any amount of ball knows Levitch is not this level. I appreciate his effort but just stating the obvious.

Bottom line, Levitch shouldn't see the court unless we're up 20. He wouldn't play significant minutes for Bellermine.

And I look for Shaq Aaron to transfer and I don't blame him.

Originally posted by REDWAVEALERT:
Bottom line, Levitch shouldn't see the court unless we're up 20. He wouldn't play significant minutes for Bellermine.

I would blame him. If he isn't willing to put in the effort and work in practice (that's where you earn playing time with Pitino), then it's his fault he's not playing. If he chooses to QUIT instead of working harder then all I can say to him is BYE. This isn't pee wee league basketball. This is big boy basketball and there isn't any room for players who aren't willing to earn their PT.

Levitch got in at the end of the first half because Gill was in foul trouble at that time. He was the next guard available...

confused0024.r191677.gif

Unfortunately, Levitch was the next man up and he is just not ready (and more than likely never will be) for this level of competition. The cupboard is bare for Pitino right now.

He played 2 minutes. Good grief. That desperate to take shots at Pitino? There are probably much better and actually meaningful/pertinent shots to take.

Originally posted by Cue Card:

I would blame him. If he isn't willing to put in the effort and work in practice (that's where you earn playing time with Pitino), then it's his fault he's not playing. If he chooses to QUIT instead of working harder then all I can say to him is BYE. This isn't pee wee league basketball. This is big boy basketball and there isn't any room for players who aren't willing to earn their PT.
Sorry Cue, but i dont believe Coach Pitino is 100% truthful on Aaron. He said in the pregame
Aaron had a bad practice preperation for ND.

Personally i think he's given up on Aaron. He did with Character and Jennings.
Why would he allow someone on the team, who doesnt practice hard ?
Aaron couldnt have been no worse than Gill or Levitch.

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:

Originally posted by Cue Card:

Sorry Cue, but i dont believe Coach Pitino is 100% truthful on Aaron. He said in the pregame
Aaron had a bad practice preperation for ND.

Personally i think he's given up on Aaron. He did with Character and Jennings.
Why would he allow someone on the team, who doesnt practice hard ?
Aaron couldnt have been no worse than Gill or Levitch.
You just confirmed what I felt was the case. Aaron isn't bringing it or isn't listening or isn't capable of following coaching instruction during practice so he doesn't get to play in games. Not every kid makes the jump from HS to college successfully, and maybe Aaron is one of those kids. IDK, but I do know he's got some type of potential or he wouldn't have been ranked as highly as he was. Maybe he'll figure it out, or maybe he transfers. IDK. Pitino makes a shit load of money to make those decisions. All I can do is be a fan.

Cue

i say BS. More Pitino speak.

He shouldnt be passing gatorade and towels to Levitch.

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:
Cue

i say BS. More Pitino speak.

He shouldnt be passing gatorade and towels to Levitch.
Maybe, but again, he's the coach and all I can really do is be a fan. In the end, it's up to him who he plays and who he doesn't.

FWIW, Aaron has played 152 minutes in 19 games and he didn't get to play in the first 9 due to his amateur status being in question. Who's fault was that? Levitch on the other hand has played 92 minutes in 16 games so if anyone has passed gatorade and towels to anyone, it was most likely the walk-on doing double duty as equipment manager.

Cue is more right than anyone. With Pitino it is more about who is willing to put forth the effort. You can't "reward" a freshman or anybody for that matter simply because you think you are the next most talented guy out there. Zipp - Gill wasn't in foul trouble he only had 1 at the time and Snider had 0 fouls. It was because they weren't playing aggressive defense and we know that is not Aaron's strongpoint either. CRP has a history of playing walkons who hustle, hell that is how Henderson started out. I will say that this move cost us from a single digit deficit to a double digit deficit at halftime because Grant took Levitch to school before the half ended, but it is more about sending a message to the freshmen. Also there's no guaranteed that it would have happened to Gill or Snider. Also we made up that deficit in the 2nd half.

As the game started to get away after our run in the second half, one play stood out for me. Snider let a ND player go right around him which not only led to a basket, but also a fould on Onuaku and a plus one. Quentin can't stay in front of hi man and it led to several easy baskets. The same is true for all the 5s, Gill, and Aaron. This is not a good on ball defensive team. And lately, they aren't getting back on defense, allowing easy baskets on breakaways. Hard to blame Levitch and his two minutes.

Originally posted by nccardfan:
...Zipp - Gill wasn't in foul trouble he only had 1 at the time and Snider had 0 fouls...You're wrong about that. I was at the game and looked up at the stats board just before halftime and saw Onuaku, Mathiang, and Gill all with two fouls. That was when Levitch logged his two minutes. Presumably, Gill was out of the game because of his fouls.

On the broader topic, I have no problem with Levitch getting PT over any other guy who's not hustling. And I don't care what that other guy's credentials are...

Cue is more right than anyone. With Pitino it is more about who is willing to put forth the effort. You can't "reward" a freshman or anybody for that matter simply because you think you are the next most talented guy out there. Zipp - Gill wasn't in foul trouble he only had 1 at the time and Snider had 0 fouls. It was because they weren't playing aggressive defense and we know that is not Aaron's strongpoint either. CRP has a history of playing walkons who hustle, hell that is how Henderson started out. I will say that this move cost us from a single digit deficit to a double digit deficit at halftime because Grant took Levitch to school before the half ended, but it is more about sending a message to the freshmen. Also there's no guaranteed that it would have happened to Gill or Snider. Also we made up that deficit in the 2nd half.
Suggest you watch the replay of that last shot....Levitch had him defended as well as anyone could have....Grant had to take an off balance fall away jumper just to get the shot off....I wouldn't call that schooling Levitch....he didn't foul him and made him make a difficult off balance shot.....the kid deserves better than from you.....shots like that happen for a hot shooting team.

At least the shot was challenged....unlike many of the others on the starting guards and Gill. ND certainly schooled them.

Tough crowd. I'd drop an easy 1k on Levitch against Aaron in 1 on 1 any day of the week. Those ratings don't mean much. And if he transfers, you won't hear of him again.

Shit Mayoman,

When Grant crossed over and drop step back, Levitch lost his balance and nearly fell on the ground. That's why he didn't foul him. He wasn't close to him. Everybody in my section groaned on that play so we all must have saw something different than you.

...When Grant crossed over and drop step back, Levitch lost his balance and nearly fell on the ground. That's why he didn't foul him. He wasn't close to him. Everybody in my section groaned on that play so we all must have saw something different than you.Sorry, but Mayo is exactly right. Levitch had his hand in the guy's face, and he hit a step-back fallaway jumper of the kind that Pitino would have had ND shoot all night. The guy just hit it like Rozier SOMETIMES does...
This post was edited on 3/5 6:17 PM by zipp

Shit Mayoman,

When Grant crossed over and drop step back, Levitch lost his balance and nearly fell on the ground. That's why he didn't foul him. He wasn't close to him. Everybody in my section groaned on that play so we all must have saw something different than you.
You saw what you saw live....I saw it on tv.....and the replay (go watch it) from several angles clearly had Levitch in his face with his hand all over where his eyes would be......go watch it and see for yourself. Grant was fortunate to make it, maybe that is why they all groaned.

He defended that shot better than the other guards did on quite a few of ND's possessions is all that I am saying. He didn't give up an unchallenged shot like they all did on several occasions.

Sitting here working on taxes
sick.r191677.gif
and listening to the Early Birds podcast from this AM... Jody Demling and Kent Taylor just remarked what a great job Levitch did on that final shot in the 1st half...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT