ADVERTISEMENT

It has to be over.

the-office-office.gif

Why are we bringing up soccer???? Ur giving a reason for
Petrino sucking a bag of d.... and I called you on it bc it's BS. Jesus man!!
Mis-directing at it's finest. He's trying to find any limb to grab on to in order to pull himself out of the swamp of trash he spews forth.

Reactions: BPGhost
Why are we bringing up soccer???? Ur giving a reason for
Petrino sucking a bag of d.... and I called you on it bc it's BS. Jesus man!!
Mis-directing at it's finest. He's trying to find any limb to grab on to in order to pull himself out of the swamp of trash he spews forth.
It's all just a serious of remarkable coincidences. Previously successful people suddenly failing, changing their minds, and self destructing.

Please explain each one again for me, and I'll list the particular events if you need a reminder. Who's courageous enough to go first? :cool:

Zipp, where are all those coaches now? Are any of them in college coaching? You and I. both know if the soccer coach wanted another job in college soccer he would be doing it. The actual fact he isn’t coaching validates his resignation statement.

You are the one that plays the role of revisionist. The majority on here are dealing with the actual results on the field. Petrino tanked the football program. People will disagree but Satterfield proved to be a good hire. The way it worked out he laid the ground work for Brohm to succeed year 1.

Basketball’s root cause wasn’t the clown show, it started with Pitino and Jurich. Pitino’s program did things that put the program in a world where others had to make decisions. Jurich choose his coach over the program and University. We can argue all day long but the program being incredibly stupid cheaters is the root cause of the basketball problems. Pitino and Jurich gave their enemies the ammunition to cut them down.

We all agree the next hire in basketball will determine if Heird is a clown or a really good AD. There won’t be any middle ground because of the importance of basketball to this community.

Zipp, where are all those coaches now? Are any of them in college coaching? You and I. both know if the soccer coach wanted another job in college soccer he would be doing it. The actual fact he isn’t coaching validates his resignation statement.

You are the one that plays the role of revisionist. The majority on here are dealing with the actual results on the field. Petrino tanked the football program. People will disagree but Satterfield proved to be a good hire. The way it worked out he laid the ground work for Brohm to succeed year 1.

Basketball’s root cause wasn’t the clown show, it started with Pitino and Jurich. Pitino’s program did things that put the program in a world where others had to make decisions. Jurich choose his coach over the program and University. We can argue all day long but the program being incredibly stupid cheaters is the root cause of the basketball problems. Pitino and Jurich gave their enemies the ammunition to cut them down.

We all agree the next hire in basketball will determine if Heird is a clown or a really good AD. There won’t be any middle ground because of the importance of basketball to this community.
Well said!!

Reactions: UofLouisville
Just an amazing coincidence THAT's when he decided his life needed new direction.

And too much class to tell everyone the truth. (BTW, I know his reasoning secondhand...)

In the meantime, our bank accounts started drying up...
So what you’re saying then is, Lolla’s reason for quitting was Jurich being fired and the “the clown show” hiring Tyra? And, rather than be truthful about his reason for quitting, Lolla decided it was a better move to lie about it and invoke his Christianity and “promptings from God” to begin another type of service?

Umm - wow. Your statement makes Lolla look like a disingenuous POS. But like most of your statements, it’s simply more projection of who you are onto someone else.

So what you’re saying then is, Lolla’s reason for quitting was Jurich being fired and the “the clown show” hiring Tyra? And, rather than be truthful about his reason for quitting, Lolla decided it was a better move to lie about it and invoke his Christianity and “promptings from God” to begin another type of service?

Umm - wow. Your statement makes Lolla look like a disingenuous POS. But like most of your statements, it’s simply more projection of who you are onto someone else.
#Trashcanofentertainment

This was Lolla’s plan all along.

Timing…

That was seven words BTW. Novelettes are mere tap dancing…

This was Lolla’s plan all along.

Timing…

That was seven words BTW. Novelettes are mere tap dancing…
So Lolla’s plan was for pitino to lose control of the basketball program and Jurich to overestimate his power and get canned in the crossfire? Then once that happened, Lolla would then put out a completely disingenuous statement invoking faith, mission and a calling from god?

Wow, do you still have the text from Lolla explaining all of that to you?

And FTR - I agree, brevity is a good plan for someone like you who is pulling all of this straight out of his ass.

Several retired or were old enough to make that an option. And that wasn't restricted to coaches BTW. So I'm supposed to believe a bunch of more senior coaches and staff members suddenly decided it was time to retire, and it had nothing to do with regime change.

As I said above, it was also about timing with the highly successful soccer coach. He suddenly decided it was also time to chart a new direction in life.

And I'm supposed to also believe it was time for a few other coaches to simply flame out. Or possibly just a delayed situation with someone like the baseball coach.

With all due respect, that's a lotta stuff to believe.
...You are the one that plays the role of revisionist. The majority on here are dealing with the actual results on the field. Petrino tanked the football program. People will disagree but Satterfield proved to be a good hire. The way it worked out he laid the ground work for Brohm to succeed year 1...
I'm the one who REMINDS people of where we are and where we said several years ago we were headed. I was assured coaching attrition wouldn't happen. I was assured performance would continue. I was assured management of athletics would not be the culprit for anything that did happen.

All of that six-plus years out is still in play and will remain in play until more fundamental issues are addressed. Not a particular coach.

The football program was in dire straits operationally before Brohm landed in our laps. It was at lows not seen since K-rag. Let's hope Brohm does more than just mitigate the damage.
...Basketball’s root cause wasn’t the clown show, it started with Pitino and Jurich. Pitino’s program did things that put the program in a world where others had to make decisions. Jurich choose his coach over the program and University. We can argue all day long but the program being incredibly stupid cheaters is the root cause of the basketball problems. Pitino and Jurich gave their enemies the ammunition to cut them down...
No one's arguing whether the basketball program needed rescue. We chose a torched earth approach, immediately and impulsively firing the coach and AD and setting thousands of fans adrift. The damage to what was once a great program was swift and enduring. We will NOT be returning to the heydays of U of L basketball anytime soon, probably in my lifetime.

Again, faced with a smaller crisis, that was a choice we made...to inflict a much larger crisis.
...We all agree the next hire in basketball will determine if Heird is a clown or a really good AD. There won’t be any middle ground because of the importance of basketball to this community.
That's the way most fans look at it. Heird didn't cause Payne to be hired anymore than Brohm. Now he has the almost impossible task of fixing a big problem not of his making, doing it with limited resources and to a program that's a disaster, and with the added pressure of people thinking as you just described.

Excuse me if I don't think he's up to that challenge. He never was; he just said "I accept" a couple years ago. And I don't feel sorry for him because that was also a choice.

Bottom line all things considered, there's no reason to be optimistic. It's just another change on a tragic timeline...

Last edited:
Several retired or were old enough to make that an option. And that wasn't restricted to coaches BTW. So I'm supposed to believe a bunch of more senior coaches and staff members suddenly decided it was time to retire, and it had nothing to do with regime change.

As I said above, it was also about timing with the highly successful soccer coach. He suddenly decided it was also time to chart a new direction in life.

And I'm supposed to also believe it was time for a few other coaches to simply flame out. Or possibly just a delayed situation with someone like the baseball coach.

With all due respect, that's a lotta stuff to believe.

I'm the one who REMINDS people of where we are and where we said several years ago we were headed. I was assured coaching attrition wouldn't happen. I was assured performance would continue. I was assured management of athletics would not be the culprit for anything that did happen.

All of that six-plus years out is still in play and will remain in play until more fundamental issues are addressed. Not a particular coach.

The football program was in dire straits operationally before Brohm landed in our laps. It was at lows not seen since K-rag. Let's hope Brohm does more than just mitigate the damage.

No one's arguing whether the basketball program needed rescue. We chose a torched earth approach, immediately and impulsively firing the coach and AD and setting thousands of fans adrift. The damage to what was once a great program was swift and enduring. We will NOT be returning to the heydays of U of L basketball anytime soon, probably in my lifetime.

Again, faced with a smaller crisis, that was a choice we made...to inflict a much larger crisis.

That's the way most fans look at it. Heird didn't cause Payne to be hired anymore than Brohm. Now he has the almost impossible task of fixing a big problem not of his making, doing it with limited resources and to a program that's a disaster, and with the added pressure of people thinking as you just described.

Excuse me if I don't think he's up to that challenge. He never was; he just said "I accept" a couple years ago. And I don't feel sorry for him because that was also a choice.

Bottom line all things considered, there's no reason to be optimistic. It's just another change on a tragic timeline
When Heird didn't extend Satterfield's contact he created an opening for Brohm, making him responsible for his hire. Being optimistic is a choice in life, I feel sorry for people who walk around with a jaded outlook, it must be a miserable way to live.

When Heird didn't extend Satterfield's contact he created an opening for Brohm, making him responsible for his hire. Being optimistic is a choice in life, I feel sorry for people who walk around with a jaded outlook, it must be a miserable way to live.
I think some people like everything black and white. In that world, Heird has to either totally suck at his job or he's the best ever. There's no in-between.

The truth is always more complex.

Heird did an excellent job dealing with the Satterfield situation. Most AD's would have folded when the football coach demanded a raise and contract extension, coming off a Bowl season and with the kind of recruiting class Satterfield put together. Instead Josh politely declined, encouraging Satterfield to find something else.

Basketball, you could argue he's done a poor job, or his hands are tied by higher ups, who knows? It's all conjecture.

What's not conjecture, Josh is our AD, Satterfield is gone, and Jeff Brohm is running the show. I'm giving him credit for that, and if Payne sticks around another year I'll give Josh blame for that as well.

I think some people like everything black and white. In that world, Heird has to either totally suck at his job or he's the best ever. There's no in-between.

Heird did an excellent job dealing with the Satterfield situation. Most AD's would have folded when the football coach demanded a raise and contract extension, coming off a Bowl season and with the kind of recruiting class Satterfield put together. Instead Josh politely declined, encouraging Satterfield to find something else.

Basketball, you could argue he's done a poor job, or his hands are tied by higher ups, who knows? It's all conjecture.

What's not conjecture, Josh is our AD, Satterfield is gone, and Jeff Brohm is running the show. I'm giving him credit for that, and if Payne sticks around another year I'll give Josh blame for that as well.
Agree. Josh knows how the fans feel about it.

I agree with the first part of that. We do NOT live in a B&W world. Heird was handed a very difficult situation even for a seasoned AD. With his credentials, it's logical that he would struggle and athletics would not show improvement.

But he did accept the job knowing it from the inside. And clown management reasoned he could do it. (My personal take is they want an AD whose buttons they can push.) So there's little reason to give management a pass for where we are in Year 7 of the Great Reconstruction.

I give Heard very little credit for Brohm's presence here. We took the obvious step not reinforcing the Satterfield relationship. (Heird would have probably been tarred and feathered otherwise...) And Brohm has always wanted to return home. We're also paying him serious money--as we should.

Bottom line, football is being rescued by a series of events not to repeat (incl. the role of Cincy). And I say "being rescued" because that process isn't complete, Over a longer time frame, football finances and fan support still lag the pace we were on when Petrino and Jurich were here. The full cost of hiring Brohm is only being felt this year. While optimists wanna see success, football is still a work in progress...

I agree with the first part of that. We do NOT live in a B&W world. Heird was handed a very difficult situation even for a seasoned AD. With his credentials, it's logical that he would struggle and athletics would not show improvement.

But he did accept the job knowing it from the inside. And clown management reasoned he could do it. (My personal take is they want an AD whose buttons they can push.) So there's little reason to give management a pass for where we are in Year 7 of the Great Reconstruction.

I give Heard very little credit for Brohm's presence here. We took the obvious step not reinforcing the Satterfield relationship. (Heird would have probably been tarred and feathered otherwise...) And Brohm has always wanted to return home. We're also paying him serious money--as we should.

Bottom line, football is being rescued by a series of events not to repeat (incl. the role of Cincy). And I say "being rescued" because that process isn't complete, Over a longer time frame, football finances and fan support still lag the pace we were on when Petrino and Jurich were here. The full cost of hiring Brohm is only being felt this year. While optimists wanna see success, football is still a work in progress...
I'll say it again, my glass is half full

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Yeah I'm happy with the way Josh has performed so far, assuming we get rid of Payne end of the season.
Right. If Heird brings back Payne for year 3 then I'll have lost any confidence in him. It depends on him firing Payne and then who he brings in to replace him for me.

Right. If Heird brings back Payne for year 3 then I'll have lost any confidence in him. It depends on him firing Payne and then who he brings in to replace him for me.
I think for me, the big thing for now is getting Kenny out of here. At least that would show they are trying to fix it. I'm willing to give the replacement a chance regardless of who it is.

Another example of this not being a B&W situation…

I’m fine if people wanna crucify Heird for what goes down with Payne. But IMO, he has less to do with that outcome than an AD normally would. Rightly or wrongly, he’s simply the guy who gets credit or blame.

At some point, you have to start holding the people responsible who brought you here. It’s probably deeper than a coach or even an AD, both of which have been here two years or less and are rookies in their jobs…

You've already endured a lot. This is going to be just fine because once the time is up, you will be set free one way or the other.

They either stay the course and tell you this is what it's going to be for years, or they make a change and they say this is unacceptable.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
You've already endured a lot. This is going to be just fine because once the time is up, you will be set free one way or the other.

They either stay the course and tell you this is what it's going to be for years, or they make a change and they say this is unacceptable.
I just hope they don't make us wait much longer after the end of the season to find out one way or the other. I don't expect an announcement at the post game of our ACC Tournament game loss, but much longer than a couple days would be irritating to have to endure.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT