2014 SEC Football records:
LSU 8-5
ATM 8-5
Tenn 7-6
USCjr 7-6
Ark 7-6
LPT 5-7
Vandy 3-9

That's 7 of the 14 teams in the SEC... a combined 45-44 record. Your point is?

"Elite program", my a$$...

That's a winning record, a lots of bowl games.

The SEC is far superior in football.

I might if I claimed we were a basketball school, a sport that doesn't get underway for five months. Prefer to stay on topic

"Elite program", OWNS MY MIND...

Interesting, as you're posting on your own basketball forum.

Basketball is a 24/7, 365 topic in the Commonwealth.....except in Louisville, apparently. o_O

"So, you think Oklahoma's interested in SEC BASKETBALL?" ....that's the news I heard today (as well as another program remaining anonymous at this time). We'll see if it grows legs over the next few weeks.

That's a winning record, a lots of bowl games.

The SEC is far superior in football.
To the ACC in basketball--that's the comparison? No effing way...

2014-15 combined SEC bowl/postseason record: 7-5 (.583)

2015 combined ACC record in the NCAA: 17-5 (.773)

Hell, they're not even close. LPT lightweights down in flames again!

Reactions: beasleythecard
How on earth did you go spinning into a football comparison when I gave you this:

"When you don't have to play a week in-week out, murderer's row schedule like the ACC" ...the ACC is as top heavy as anybody, Zipp. Last year's numbers:

Syracuse 18-13
Pitt 19-15
Clemson 16-15
Florida State 17-16
Wake Forest 13-19
Boston College 13-19
Georgia Tech 12-19
Virginia Tech 11-22

That's 8 of the 15 teams in the ACC..... with a collective 119-138 record.

...oh, that's right....you'd rather not discuss basketball. (or is it the factual #'s provided that blows a giant hole in your statement what you wanted to avoid?)

Reactions: ArmyWildcat81
Zipp, you've had a rough few days on here bud. I think you need a stiff drink and a nap.*

* - if of legal age

"We don't consider ourselves a basketball school either"

.....that's rich....and yet another layer of denial.
Is basketball our best sport? Yes. But a few BCS bowl wins and World Series appearances in the last few years means we aren't a 1 trick pony, like Kentucky.

How on earth did you go spinning into a football comparison...
Yep...Slapd!cks don't foller too well...

My rebuttal to the earlier LPT remark about LPT beating three ACC teams in basketball this year was that's a lot different than playing two of them every week like you do WHEN YOU'RE ACTUALLY IN A GOOD CONFERENCE like the ACC. (How would LPT basketball fans know, right?)

And I fondly recalled the LPT football comment about playing in a murderer's row football conference, week-in-week-out, you know all of that BS explaining LPT football ineptitude. Whether you're an LPT football fan or not--like the courier claims--we've all heard that garbage.

So, I just repeated the basketball equivalent about the ACC.

Then, the courier gives me the lower half of the ACC basketball records this year, and I reciprocate with the same for SEC football. And another slapd!ck tells me how much better the SEC was--which is completely out of context unless he's comparing SEC football and ACC basketball.

And I obviously blew that up with postseason records for each conference in each sport.

That's the definition of tracking a debate and being owned at the end of it. Hope every slapd!ck here enjoyed it.

No, it indicates you have a good riflery team.

Apparently more than that, unless you concede that UK basketball and riflery program is better than the combined efforts of the entire Louisville athletics department.

...A helluva lotta schools and coaches have gone to the NIT. U of L won it when it was bigger than the NCAA...

You mean in the mid 50's - late 60's? Yeah, UK did too, and yeah, Pitino missed that window by about 35-40 years or so by sending you all in 2002, and then again in 2006.
UofL can say it has a few more things than UK basketball. It has more losses, for example, and in this case, you have more NIT appearances than UK. We can certainly say this. While UK is the most "recent" coach to go to the NIT (and I'll never understand your obsession with "most recent" things. Like "most recent national champion in the state" as if that gives an award), but Cal didn't have 2 failed appearances in his first 5 years.

Pitino's first 5 years?
2nd round NIT loss
NCAA second round loss
NCAA first round loss
NCAA final four
NIT semifinal loss

And Calipari's first 5 years?
NCAA elite eight loss
NCAA final four
NCAA national champion
NIT first round loss
NCAA national runner-up

Nevermind the fact that Cal, in his 6th year at UK, went to another final four.
So, I think you should re-think your perception of Calipari's success as opposed to Quicktino's success, Zipp. More importantly, rethink your perception of UK's total athletics department's success as opposed to UofL's as well.

If UK's rifle team, and basketball team catapults UK ahead of UofL's entire athletics department, then your athletics department is not a "powerhouse" as you suggested.
What we do know, is statistically (and I know how much you love statistics, Zipp), UK's athletics department, as a whole, is in the top 25 in the nation, and UofL's is not.

Reactions: Louis_Skunt
Zipp, you've had a rough few days on here bud. I think you need a stiff drink and a nap.*

* - if of legal age

From my perspective, he has handled multiple rivals posters quite well by himself over the last few days. You probably don't realize how silly it looks to claim some kind of moral victory (game, set, match?) and verbally high five each other on your rival's board. It indicates a serious lack of situational awareness.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Ok, time to bring this free-for-all to a close. If anyone wants to start a new "predict the result" thread, be my guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT