ADVERTISEMENT

Last time Cards won in Lexghanistan

Well Cue, you did completely miss the comparison. You all are hung up on Wes and UK on Sypher. That make it easier to understand? Both are lame jokes. As to your point that Cal rolls the ball out. What about Umass and Memphis? You're sooo blind with your hatred and jealousy, you have never really looked to see if Cal is a good coach or not. Your defense to Cals winning record over you guys is we have more talented freshman. That's weak minded just like the www argument. I watched a very solid group of 3 stars with Bruce Pearl as head coach beat a very good team of 5 stars with John Wall and Cousins at the helm. Your argument makes no sense if that's the case. If you can't admit Cal is a good coach I feel bad for ya son.

Reactions: UKortho
It's nice to have one trophy, along with multiple final four appearances. ESPN and other's constant spotlight on the UK program (in a positive light) speaks volumes. We are the best basketball program hands down. We get the best recruits, we have a great campus, and our coach is a hall of famer.
And thats all you have is one sport...UL has accomplished things across all sports that UK has not even gotten close...win or lose Saturday we are still playing football too.

Well Cue, you did completely miss the comparison. You all are hung up on Wes and UK on Sypher. That make it easier to understand? Both are lame jokes. As to your point that Cal rolls the ball out. What about Umass and Memphis? You're sooo blind with your hatred and jealousy, you have never really looked to see if Cal is a good coach or not. Your defense to Cals winning record over you guys is we have more talented freshman. That's weak minded just like the www argument. I watched a very solid group of 3 stars with Bruce Pearl as head coach beat a very good team of 5 stars with John Wall and Cousins at the helm. Your argument makes no sense if that's the case. If you can't admit Cal is a good coach I feel bad for ya son.

First thing first. I'm not your Son. Please don't call me that. I would rent a gun and buy a bullet if I were your son.

What about UMass and Memphis? Memphis is where is all started with WWW and Calipari. Before WWW and Calipari, he was a regular in the NIT tourney. He's been to 6 NIT's now in 24 years as a head coach. 5 happened before WWW. 1 since. It's not hard to figure out. He was a average to below average coach before WWW. Now he's supposed to be a great coach? LMAO!! Hardly. Now he's just a NBA farm team handler for William Wesley.

That would mean something if this was a baseball board but it's not.And with the Cardinal Football team being the biggest disappointment in years. It's hard for you guys to down play this game with guys on here saying Pitino should be fired if he loses the game this year.

Lpts football program is a step above male hs.....a laughingstock

Reactions: JohnCard28
And thats all you have is one sport...UL has accomplished things across all sports that UK has not even gotten close...win or lose Saturday we are still playing football too.

Fantastic. You got us in football for sure. UK has multiple trophies in cheerleading. I am focused on basketball this week.

First thing first. I'm not your Son. Please don't call me that. I would rent a gun and buy a bullet if I were your son.

What about UMass and Memphis? Memphis is where is all started with WWW and Calipari. Before WWW and Calipari, he was a regular in the NIT tourney. He's been to 6 NIT's now in 24 years as a head coach. 5 happened before WWW. 1 since. It's not hard to figure out. He was a average to below average coach before WWW. Now he's supposed to be a great coach? LMAO!! Hardly. Now he's just a NBA farm team handler for William Wesley.
spot on Cue. It's a joke he is in the HOF. And just think, they won't allow Pete in. Good thing cal doesn't coach MLB.

You all think it's our super bowl ????????? That's a reach not to mention if you lose this one the rivalry is gone you can't have a one sided rivalry but good luck we are definitely having some growing pains so if there is a time to get us it's this year

Another passive-aggressive UK fan

No. Taking a break to wish you a merry Christmas is not passive aggressive.

Now, if I would have stated that I hope everyone here is able to enjoy Christmas-even though the 26th is going to be demoralizing- that would be passive aggressive.

No hidden meanings. Merry Christmas Cardfan and good luck tomorrow! My prediction is a UL win by 10 (but I hope I am wrong).

Now, if I would have stated that I hope everyone here is able to enjoy Christmas-even though the 26th is going to be demoralizing- that would be passive aggressive.

No hidden meanings. Merry Christmas Cardfan and good luck tomorrow! My prediction is a UL win by 10 (but I hope I am wrong).
Merry Christmas to you as well, but I refuse to take your 10 point win prediction for UofL seriously. UofK has more 5 star talent, and they've already proven they can play against elite talent and win. They beat Duke AT Duke by double digits. If any team wins by double digits tomorrow, it'll be UofK. Not UofL.

Reactions: UKortho
I think UL's team is better right now, but I am not sure how the loss of your center will impact the score. UK isn't intimidating in the paint for sure.

Rupp arena isn't the worst place to play due to the older boosters getting the good seats while my daughter, a student, gets a small section (it is behind the goal however). I think the refs will call it fair and Pitino pulls out a W. Anything can happen for sure.

Thanks....hopefully you won't post anymore. Happy Holidays!

What about UMass and Memphis? Memphis is where is all started with WWW and Calipari. Before WWW and Calipari, he was a regular in the NIT tourney................No at UMass, he had 5 trips to the NCAA with a 11-4 2.......record ...3 NIT.......he's been to 6 NIT's now in 24 years as a head coach. 5 happened before WWW. 1 since..... ...Also 5 NCAA's before Memphis...It's not hard to figure out. He was a average to below average coach before WWW. Now he's supposed to be a great coach? LMAO!! Hardly. Now he's just a NBA farm team handler for William Wesley.

Pitino is a great coach and I for one like what he did for UK. But, just for the record, check his first 8/9 years (before UK) .........2 NIT...2 NCAA...5 blanks.
I would wager that all great coaches got better with experience and after 15/20 years they are just better.......check "K's" first years at Duke or Wooden's early years.......just for the record. Wooden's first 15 years at UCLA, he made the tourney 5 times , finishing each time either 3rd or 4th in a 4 team region.. (S Gilbert changed that).......Just shows what a coach did 20 years ago has no bearing on his ability today

Last edited:
Pitino is a great coach and I for one like what he did for UK. But, just for the record, check his first 8/9 years (before UK) .........2 NIT...2 NCAA...5 blanks.

That's because he was at Boston University and Providence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JohnCard28
That's because he was at Boston University and Providence you nitwit.
It was because he was a young inexperienced coach (just like Cal's first job) .
Tell me UMASS's record before Cal.

UMASS went 26 straight years without a NCAA berth before Cal. ( not exactly UL or UK credentials.):eek:

Last edited:
Well poppycat since UM is where Pitino got his degree from I would guess (because I don't really know) that it wasn't too bad. But Merry Christmas in any event.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Well poppycat since UM is where Pitino got his degree from I would guess (because I don't really know) that it wasn't too bad. But Merry Christmas in any event.

Merry Christmas to you too. I was just pointing out that what a coach was/did 20/25 years ago is not indicator or his present expertise. We all would expect any coach (today) to have better history at UL,UK, Duke, etc than at BU, UMASS, PROV or Memp. Elite programs self maintain to some degree, but it still takes a great coach to produce year after year.

Merry Christmas to you too. I was just pointing out that what a coach was/did 20/25 years ago is not indicator or his present expertise. We all would expect any coach (today) to have better history at UL,UK, Duke, etc than at BU, UMASS, PROV or Memp. Elite programs self maintain to some degree, but it still takes a great coach to produce year after year.

There are a few teams that would have the all time winning record if they played in the sec as long as u of k has.
UofK should hang a WWWes suit with their 2012 banner,afterall who was it that Anthony Davis and MKG jumped into the stands to hug on after the buzzer sounded. hint:(coach cal was on the floor of course)so not him !

There are a few teams that would have the all time winning record if they played in the sec as long as u of k has.
UofK should hang a WWWes suit with their 2012 banner,afterall who was it that Anthony Davis and MKG jumped into the stands to hug on after the buzzer sounded. hint:(coach cal was on the floor of course)so not him !

As I pointed out, what happened 20/30 years ago is not representative of what a team is now. Tell us in what conference did UL build their legacy up until 10 yrs ago?
Denny's 30 year tenure is at the top, all in the MVC. Denny's decision to make the most of Prop 48 was his strength and his downfall when the rule was repealed.
What Pitino did at BU & Prov....Cal at UMASS or Memp....has no bearing on how they recruit or coach today.....winners will always adjust or become losers.
In another 20/30 years, no one will consider this decade as relative to their present
BTW, Crum learned the trade from one of the all time innovators. (even if it did take him 20 years to get UCLA on the map)

Reactions: Larry10
poppycat Merry Christmas. You really need to go back and see what conferences UofL was in while being coached by Denny Crum. And those conferences were always better than the $ec.

Last edited by a moderator:
poppycat Merry Christmas. You really need to go back and see what conferences UofL was in while being coached by Denny Crum. And those conferences were always better than the $ec.

Sorry if wrong, maybe I should research rather than trusting memory.....however before the Big East and ACC, I don't recall UL being a member of any conference that ever won a title other than UL..amiright.

No you aren't right. The Metro had UC as a former National Champ. The Big East had several former National Champions like SU and Georgetown and Villanova along with UofL. Opps I forgot Marquette has a title also.

Sorry if wrong, maybe I should research rather than trusting memory.....however before the Big East and ACC, I don't recall UL being a member of any conference that ever won a title other than UL..amiright.
That's true but that doesn't mean those conferences weren't better from top to bottom than the SEC in basketball. UC, Memphis, and Georgia Tech were tough teams to play in the Metro. Before that, it was the MVC which is the second oldest conference just behind the B1G conference. Before that was the years of playing independent.

Look, I realize this isn't any form of pride for you, but I am very proud of the overall growth UofL has managed over the years without all the hand outs and political connections that UofK has enjoyed as the land grant state University. UofL did it on their own without any help from Kentucky politicians. The Cardinals basketball program is the ONLY program to win a national championship at every level of their growth as a program. Period. NOBODY else can say that. NOBODY. NAIA (considered NAIB today), NIT, and NCAA. From Division 2 to Division 1 to elite program status.

It's been growth thru sustained success in spite of the road blocks thrown up in Frankfort on UofK's behalf. In spite of everything UofK tried to do to keep UofL from succeeding, the Cardinals succeeded anyway. UofL could have joined the SEC decades ago but was blocked by UofK. UofL could have played UofK in basketball long before 1983, but was blocked by UofK. UofL could have played UofK in football long before 1994 but UofK wouldn't sign up for it without what they felt was a distinct advantage. No return games in Louisville until UofL built a stadium. The first 4 games in the modern day series were played in Lexington and the Cards still won 2 of those games. UofK has won 8 football games since 1994 as UofL's football program continues to grow and now owns a 14-8 record over UofK in spite of 13 of those games being played in Lexington. 5 in a row and counting.

Yes we are proud of our history. We grew from the bottom up. NOTHING was handed to the Cardinals. We earned it.

Reactions: Louisvillian
That's true but that doesn't mean those conferences weren't better from top to bottom than the SEC in basketball. UC, Memphis, and Georgia Tech were tough teams to play in the Metro. Before that, it was the MVC which is the second oldest conference just behind the B1G conference. Before that was the years of playing independent.

Look, I realize this isn't any form of pride for you, but I am very proud of the overall growth UofL has managed over the years without all the hand outs and political connections that UofK has enjoyed as the land grant state University. UofL did it on their own without any help from Kentucky politicians. The Cardinals basketball program is the ONLY program to win a national championship at every level of their growth as a program. Period. NOBODY else can say that. NOBODY. NAIA (considered NAIB today), NIT, and NCAA. From Division 2 to Division 1 to elite program status.

It's been growth thru sustained success in spite of the road blocks thrown up in Frankfort on UofK's behalf. In spite of everything UofK tried to do to keep UofL from succeeding, the Cardinals succeeded anyway. UofL could have joined the SEC decades ago but was blocked by UofK. UofL could have played UofK in basketball long before 1983, but was blocked by UofK. UofL could have played UofK in football long before 1994 but UofK wouldn't sign up for it without what they felt was a distinct advantage. No return games in Louisville until UofL built a stadium. The first 4 games in the modern day series were played in Lexington and the Cards still won 2 of those games. UofK has won 8 football games since 1994 as UofL's football program continues to grow and now owns a 14-8 record over UofK in spite of 13 of those games being played in Lexington. 5 in a row and counting.

Yes we are proud of our history. We grew from the bottom up. NOTHING was handed to the Cardinals. We earned it.

Cue your comments are spot on. Plus we succeeded without a welfare handout from our conference brethern. uahkay has had so many advantages that are too numerous to count and all they've done is to totally fail. They should be beyond using a guy like WWWes but they aren't. We exude class and they exude . . . well, not much of anything.

Look, I realize this isn't any form of pride for you,....Your're wrong here, I grew up in Ky and was a big fan of UL & Crum. It's the hatred bred into the last generation of bb fans that appalls me... but I am very proud of the overall growth UofL has managed over the years without all the hand outs and political connections that UofK has enjoyed as the land grant state University. UofL did it on their own without any help from Kentucky politicians. The Cardinals basketball program is the ONLY program to win a national championship at every level of their growth as a program. Period. NOBODY else can say that. NOBODY. NAIA (considered NAIB today), NIT, and NCAA. From Division 2 to Division 1 to elite program status.

I've followed UL bb for decades but of course not as much as UK. My knowledge of UL history is more heard than read...My favorite...Ellison and the guy with an hand problem (Wiley?)......the McRays...

I've followed UL bb for decades but of course not as much as UK. My knowledge of UL history is more heard than read...My favorite...Ellison and the guy with an hand problem (Wiley?)......the McRays...
Hatred from what side? I've been around both programs for well over 40 years and I know what I know from life experiences. I've lived thru all the racial slurs over the years and now I'm living during a time where the concept of being a student-athlete has become a punch line ESPECIALLY in Lexington. The UofK program has always had its fair share of skeletons but what is going on now is despicable. If that is what you hate then so be it. I'm not changing my values for you or anyone else.

Merry Christmas.

No you aren't right. The Metro had UC as a former National Champ. The Big East had several former National Champions like SU and Georgetown and Villanova along with UofL. Opps I forgot Marquette has a title also.

UC & "Big O" had 2 NC's before joining the Metro and Marquette's run with Al McGuire was as an independent. I was asking did anyone other than UL win a NC while in the same conference as UL. ........other than in the Big East and ACC..

Hatred from what side? I've been around both programs for well over 40 years and I know what I know from life experiences. I've lived thru all the racial slurs over the years and now I'm living during a time where the concept of being a student-athlete has become a punch line ESPECIALLY in Lexington. The UofK program has always had its fair share of skeletons but what is going on now is despicable. If that is what you hate then so be it. I'm not changing my values for you or anyone else.

Merry Christmas.
Racism was not a part of my growing up........
We all know that while UK couldn't take an interracial team South, UL had no big problems taking one North.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT