ADVERTISEMENT

Last time Cards won in Lexghanistan

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
They did it without a suspended E5.
Mangok isnt a starter, however he's the most knowledgeable about the
offense and defense among the big men.

Its next man up. Deng should be back. He could play a little 4. He'll be rusty, but
he and others have to step up for their fallen man.

Cards stay out of foul trouble, they win by 15 or more. I can see a WKU style game.
Tight at first, Cards boom them, SuCkS makes a run, Cards boom them again.

Reactions: barbourfor3
What I remember about that game was how David Padgett and Derrick Caracter banged the hell out of Patrick Patterson to the point where he became frustrated and a non factor and Juan Palacios delivering in the clutch.

I am not going to go as far as to say Pitino needs to be fired if he doesn't win, but we should have no problem winning Saturday. We are simply better this year. We were better in 2013 but other than that UK had more talent and it was either close or UK should have been favored. Anything can happen in a rivalry game blah blah but we should win this game this year.

This IS UofK's Super Bowl this regular season so I honestly expect them to be more than ready to play this game. UofL on the other hand has 2 more games to play this week before Saturday. Pitino has just 2 games to prepare for UofK. Calipari has 6 AND they get to play a player nobody has seen play this year.

One one hand, I like the fact there isn't much time in between games before playing UofK, but then I think about just how good Pitino is when he has 3 or more days to prepare for any team. Having just 2 bothers me.

They did it without a suspended E5.
Mangok isnt a starter, however he's the most knowledgeable about the
offense and defense among the big men.

Its next man up. Deng should be back. He could play a little 4. He'll be rusty, but
he and others have to step up for their fallen man.

Cards stay out of foul trouble, they win by 15 or more. I can see a WKU style game.
Tight at first, Cards boom them, SuCkS makes a run, Cards boom them again.

Whoa big fella....we ain't winning by 15. You sound like UK fball fan! I think it's going to be a great game that comes down to last minute....hopefully we are in the good end! (But I'll take 15)

If UCLA can win by 10 and if Ohio St can win by around 7 and if both teams can lead pretty much the whole game then I don't know why 15 is such a crazy prediction. UK let two horrible teams control the games. Their only advantage is that it is at Rupp.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
If UCLA can win by 10 and if Ohio St can win by around 7 and if both teams can lead pretty much the whole game then I don't know why 15 is such a crazy prediction. UK let two horrible teams control the games. Their only advantage is that it is at Rupp.

Playing in coRUPPt arena is a BIG advantage. In 2012, we only won by 3 at home, granted that we were up by more and made some bonehead plays at the end. Nonetheless, I would not be predicting a 15 point margin at their place.
I still think we will win, and a win by 1 or a win by 20 is a win.

Their only advantage is that it is at Rupp.

Pretty big advantage. If you're going to use UCLA and Ohio State you have to use Duke too which they handled easily. It's all about which team shows up and we've only had one test so far....a loss.

So until we prove we can win at Rupp I'm not predicting anything other than an exciting game.

Reactions: LiveBlue31
Duke sucks.

Look, I realize the history. People are "gun shy" because of recent history. Cal has had Pitino's number lately. But I am just making a prediction. It's not life or death. If I am wrong I am wrong. This year I think we are better. People can knock our schedule all they want but our team is far better than preseason expectations and UK is worse. I think we win and I think we handle them.

Will I be disappointed with a one point win? Nope. Will I be disappointed with a loss? Yep. Would it be the end of the world? Nope.

Our fans are being careful because of recent history(and quite frankly disappointments) but I am just calling what I see. We are better. We are one of the best teams in the country. UK is not. We win by double digits. At Rupp.

We are not winning there. We never win there. They'd never admit it but this is their Super Bowl. Prepare yourselves. We won't win this game

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
We are not winning there. We never win there. They'd never admit it but this is their Super Bowl. Prepare yourselves. We won't win this game

I agree.

We are 15-3 in the last four post seasons and like, 1-5 against them over that same time frame. Our title team hung on to a 3 pt win on our home court vs their NIT team. We blew a large lead and when it was over we count it as a win but the reality is the feeling of relief is all we really had.

They have a week off, are playing at home, and they are coming off a loss.

We have played one legit opponent, played well, but lost.

There are so many game situations the 2015-2016 Louisville team has yet to encounter.

We also have an injury to one of our key players.

Rick Pitino does not produce in this series as it is today. He has given me no reason to believe he can accomplish anything we want in this series. He has not made one single game changing adjustment against UK's Calipari regime in a large enough sample to assume he more than likely never will.

If we win I will apologize to the board. I know Kerry will call me wimpy or some other damn you Hop go root for another team response. I root for the team, I want them to win, but I don't see how anyone could be optimistic.

This Louisville team is dangerous. I think they can reach the Final Four because the team is very good and Pitino is a monster in March, though the FT shooting and lack of offensive skill from our bigs are problematic.

Damion Lee is a boss. Snider and Lewis are steady performers. Mitchell is a pit bull. The front line is weak physically. Every one of them. The most qualified offensive big is Spalding and he is a stud, but he is just so raw. They all play with all their heart so I can't get too mad at them. Johnson and Mahmoud look like they are good kids that are having fun in college but they don't appear to be devoted to their craft in terms of working on their bodies. Nanu is tough but he's already got 2 fouls and the game hasn't even tipped.

Last edited:
Reactions: CGblue
Its true Hop.

Coach Pitino has failed in this series.
He should be 4-3 or 5-2 the last seven.
He freezes up.
Should have won the 2004 game. Blew 2, seventeen point leads.

So yeah, until they actually beat them , im skeptical also.

Reactions: earsky
This game means more to Calipari, the UofK fans, and the UofK players. It's their Super Bowl game. It will be the last really good team they get to play until the 3rd week of the NCAA tourney if they make it that deep. This Saturday is the end for UofK until post season play rolls around.

Nobody wins more meaningless games than Calipari. He chokes when the stakes are high. A non conference game in December is right in his wheelhouse.

UL is UKs super bowl? Nice to see you guys steal Cals line. I think we know this game is everything to you guys. It's been total dominance by UK so you are very hungry for the win. It's understandable.

This is a great opportunity for UL to get a win. The Cats are looking for answers and have no inside game to speak of yet. I think it's a toss up this year. UL has played cupcake city so we will see how they respond.

Reactions: bloodguard13
UL is UKs super bowl? Nice to see you guys steal Cals line. I think we know this game is everything to you guys. It's been total dominance by UK so you are very hungry for the win. It's understandable.

This is a great opportunity for UL to get a win. The Cats are looking for answers and have no inside game to speak of yet. I think it's a toss up this year. UL has played cupcake city so we will see how they respond.
It is true. This ONE game is UofK's Super Bowl because after this Saturday, there are only 2 games left against top 25 talented teams, and 1 of those is an out of conference game against Kansas. The other is against the currently 24th ranked Texas A&M.

UofL has played its cupcakes early. UofK starts theirs January 2nd, 2016.

I believe we'll win by 9. UK will mount a crazy comeback effort, suddenly hitting 3's late in the game as Murray goes after "his" and the UofL defense relaxes some, stupidly enough. I can't even picture the rhetoric after the game. UK will be carrying the same disbelief at how good we are as the rest of the writers have up to now. The ultimate irony will be that we may be favored, even at this early juncture in the season.

The MSU game was a wonderful road test we very nearly passed with flying colors. Lee and Lewis will see the outrageous curled lips and skanky statements by out of control hating UK fans and laugh. I really believe we have this.

Reactions: bluescat92
We are going to have to make free throws and make close shots in this game. There will be no room for anything but this.

I think we know this game is everything to you guys.

No doubt, the team never recovers after the loss. The fans don't either.

We know you want that to be true due to the standard UK insecure/delusional mindset, but it ain't really like that down here on the planet earth chimp.

:confused:

Will you letme beat you about your head and shoulders if we win, Hop? :)

I have no problem eating crow post as much as I do it's going to happen quite often.

I think we have a very good team but there are a # of variables that go against Louisville winning 12/26.

What I remember about that game was how David Padgett and Derrick Caracter banged the hell out of Patrick Patterson to the point where he became frustrated and a non factor and Juan Palacios delivering in the clutch.
Yes they did certainly foul the crap out of Patterson, but without any dominant big men that most certainly won't be the game plan this time. Odds are that the directive will be to hand check/foul the guards and try to get strips and disrupt ball movement, which will lead to easy transition points.

I believe we'll win by 9. UK will mount a crazy comeback effort, suddenly hitting 3's late in the game as Murray goes after "his" and the UofL defense relaxes some, stupidly enough. I can't even picture the rhetoric after the game. UK will be carrying the same disbelief at how good we are as the rest of the writers have up to now. The ultimate irony will be that we may be favored, even at this early juncture in the season.

The MSU game was a wonderful road test we very nearly passed with flying colors. Lee and Lewis will see the outrageous curled lips and skanky statements by out of control hating UK fans and laugh. I really believe we have this.
If you played high school baskbetball with Butch Beard, you're WAY to old to hang on to such outdated, and ultimately erroneous, beliefs about the UK fanbase.

Yep the plan is to foul the UK players because the refs never call fouls on Louisville when Louisville plays Kentucky, especially at Rupp Arena.

Some of the UK posters that visit the board are idiots. Part of me wants them banned but then there is that other part of me that enjoys reading how stupid some of them are.

Good job Clock Clamity, you never disappoint.

If you played high school baskbetball with Butch Beard, you're WAY to old to hang on to such outdated, and ultimately erroneous, beliefs about the UK fanbase.
LOL, really? That's quite deep. So tell us........oh hell, nevermind. About the last thing I want is another UK fan waxing poetic about the shimmering mists of past glories. Or the BBN. Please spare me.

The truth is your fan base has deteriorated unto a state now universally looked on as a complete entitled, delusional joke. Back then I went to both team's games, with friends who did the same. I won't even go on about the close relationships I have had with famous UK players, many of whom wince at the state of your fan base now.

I may have misunderstood the premise you are reaching for, but things have been healthier.

Reactions: Cue Card
LOL, really? That's quite deep. So tell us........oh hell, nevermind. About the last thing I want is another UK fan waxing poetic about the shimmering mists of past glories. Or the BBN. Please spare me.

The truth is your fan base has deteriorated unto a state now universally looked on as a complete entitled, delusional joke. Back then I went to both team's games, with friends who did the same. I won't even go on about the close relationships I have had with famous UK players, many of whom wince at the state of your fan base now.

I may have misunderstood the premise you are reaching for, but things have been healthier.
Senior, I'm hearing opinions. Probably long held, deep rooted, opinions based on something you heard, or maybe even observed LONG LONG ago. All I'm saying is, times have changed. Maybe you've noticed, but UK's teams have been predominantly black for years, and yet the predominantly white fanbase cheers like heck for them, believe it or not. Sure there was racism in Rupp's day, just like there was in just about every other southern region of the US; and much of the north, if you know your history. Heck, I've lived in Jefferson County, close to Bullitt County most of my life and I can tell you from personal experience and observation that, wait for it, there are MANY redneck UofL fans; and many of them are racists too - but probably not open about it. Your fanbase doesn't only consist of minorities or the East end Louisville type and you're not immune to that stuff. I know it's just one of many things on your list of "things to hate about UK", but it's just not true like it was back in your day, or to the extent many who wish to disparage the UK fanbase wish to believe; especially when there have been/are so many in your own fanbase.

Oh, and, I can care less about what others think of "my fanbase" as far as being entitled or whatever. It comes with the territory. When you have the winningest program of all time, it is what it is.

Reactions: bluescat92
I purposefully avoided race. You brought it up. Do you think Wayne Chapman - who roomed with Dwight Smith at Western and a close friend of mine - cared about race? No, he just hated Rupp, lol, having played one year for him.

I appreciate your words - you earn big points for making that effort. But please know, I never even mentioned all that. When all that truck was going on here, I was either in the military in Asia or, later, living in Vancouver, Canada, not at all in touch with "Black Bird" comments and surely not worrying that UK integrated 5 years after UofL, or whatever small time frame it was. Hell, I was in school in Owensboro when we integrated our public schools. I will say this, however - UK fans need to own what occurred and own the distance it caused between the programs for specifically and strictly racial reasons. It wasn't the schools themselves who were at fault - both tried their damnedest to get 'r done in an era when the black players were God's newest gift to hoops, lol.

UK fans are carrying baggage. They don't seem to care. That's a really bad look, Calamity.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Playing in coRUPPt arena is a BIG advantage. In 2012, we only won by 3 at home, granted that we were up by more and made some bonehead plays at the end. Nonetheless, I would not be predicting a 15 point margin at their place.
I still think we will win, and a win by 1 or a win by 20 is a win.
CoRUPPt arena....

I have to admit sUcK looks really bad this year and I don't think they can fix it. Calipari will actually have to coach this year so I think they are looking at another NIT appearance. I think the only thing that will save them this year is that they play basketball in a girls conference.
All this being said CRP has not proven he can beat them and until he does I can't get excited about this game. I know one thing for sure if I was coach I would shadow Murray and shut him down. I look for "Q" and Spalding to have really good games

They have a pretty good record at Rupp-even against teams other than uL

I don't care if it is Uk fan's superbowl or whatevea maybe for once . Rick treats this game as our superbowl and have a team play this game from start to finish. Just like he has the team play other named brand opponents for once. Tired of losing this game. How can we keep calling it a rivarly when it's practically been one sided. I mean Rick i think has won what 3 times since being here against them and 1-7 against Cal.

Reactions: ClockCalamity
I have to admit sUcK looks really bad this year and I don't think they can fix it. Calipari will actually have to coach this year so I think they are looking at another NIT appearance. I think the only thing that will save them this year is that they play basketball in a girls conference.
All this being said CRP has not proven he can beat them and until he does I can't get excited about this game. I know one thing for sure if I was coach I would shadow Murray and shut him down. I look for "Q" and Spalding to have really good games
They ain't going to the NIT and It is sad we can't even be positive about winning this game considering we have a better team at this stage. Because of our past history in this series.

I agree with you that we have the better team and I will be cheering my head off for the Cards. I also think this team has a chance to go along way, watch for "Q" and Spalding to have big games Saturday.
The UL vs UK series reminds me of the Trinity vs St X series in the 70's, Trinity had the better team most of the time they just couldn't get over the hump against St. X. I also think Big Blew looks really bad this year and I don't think they can fix the problem.

I agree with you that we have the better team and I will be cheering my head off for the Cards. I also think this team has a chance to go along way, watch for "Q" and Spalding to have big games Saturday.
The UL vs UK series reminds me of the Trinity vs St X series in the 70's, Trinity had the better team most of the time they just couldn't get over the hump against St. X. I also think Big Blew looks really bad this year and I don't think they can fix the problem.

St X was way better in 60-70s. Trinity didnt play male manual or flaget .they had a uk type schedule, moore jtown eastern...lol

I haven't heard or read anything about the UofK players leaving to go home as some have suggested. That might be true, but surprising if it is. This UofK team needs as much coaching as possible, but then again, we are talking about John Calipari. His best coaching moves happen off the court when he picks up his cell phone and calls William Wesley for help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT